If you have been ticketted by Parksafe aka Carpark Management UK Ltd

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5029 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

they all seem to do this. sounds like its against e-trading regs to me but only way to really know is to try and pay and see if it rejects the name and address etc. probably the best way to check is to get someone who hasn't had a PPC invoice and who is about to cancel a credit card to try to make a payment (say a pound or two). use ridiculous name and address information and an obviously bogus invoice number. Am loathe to suggest anyone should give them a penny but it would have to be shown that the required validation was not being done. Take screen shots/prints/use 'Save As' on every page and capture all the browser traffic in a proxy. have an independent witness observe. and then cancel the credit card immediately afterwards (why would anyone who knows how PPC operate give them credit card details). If it accepts payment then I think they can be hauled over the coals on e-trading regs.

I would sound a note of caution wrt to cancelling a credit card. I believed I cancelled a credit card only for a transaction to appear on it. In my case is was a continous authority, which I had forgotten to ask to be cancelled. (You as the card holder can't cancel a credit card transaction or continous authority, this has can only be done by the company taking the payment or the credit card company). Its better to think of it as the account lying dormant. If a transaction hits the account it will awaken it and a statement will come to you for payment.

Also, what is interesting is that if you go to their website and click the 'pay now' button, they ask for a ticket number. If you enter say '666' and a value say £135, irrelevant of your ticket number and PCN, they will take your money anyway. They make no attempt to check you either (A) owe them anything or (B) what value the charge is. They simply let you pay anything. (EDIT - I did not actually hit the final submit button, but that would still not ahve checked the ticket number or PCN).

This should be on watchdog or rouge traders.

This is not uncommon at all and has appeared in another thread in this forum. In the DCA forum this practice has been noted too with some Caggers actually phoning up a DCA/using thier website to see if they would try to take money from a made up account number. No prizes for guessing what they uncovered :mad:

Bury Times have run an article this week, see link. The best bit is where the car park company accept that their signs need to be made clearer. Surely now Trading Standards should insist they return all money that has been paid to date. The article certianly means we will not be making contact.

Health centre patients want parking remedy (From Bury Times)

• 2 months later...

Hi All,

I got a ticket at Superbowl in Leigh also. My criminal barrister friend who has got herself off several parking tickets as well as her clients has advised that this company has no legal right to issue tickets or demand money. She recommends NOT contacting them at all and says that they will hound victims with threatening letters, but do not respond to any of them.

Here is an excerpt from the email she sent to me.

'If you are prepared to brazen it out and NOT respond to them in any way whatsoever (ie so they don’t even know whether you ever received the letters) it is almost certain that they will not take it any further. They will try it on and try and frighten you into paying though, once they have the address from the DVLA. But they do not have the same powers as a council traffic warden. You haven’t committed any traffic offence. Any dispute with a private parking firm is contractual only. They can’t send in the bailiffs for example, unless they take you to court (unlikely), they win the court case (extremely unlikely) and then you don’t pay whatever costs etc the COURT imposes. (So if anyone turns up at your door demanding payment for this, they are debt collectors – they might as well be collecting for the Salvation Army as they have no legal rights whatsoever, although they may well pretend they are bailiffs (who can only act on the orders of a court) in which case you can say you’ll call the police and report them for impersonating a court official – not a real offence, but it should do the trick.) They can’t ‘fine’ you in legal terms. They can only go to court, under contract law, to reclaim any money they have LOST as a result of you parking on their land – and they can only do that if there is a valid contract in place first. '

Hope this helps you all. Please keep posting on how you are going on with thisBy the way what do you mean by 'PPC'?

Thanks...go get 'em

Hi Caggers,

They are now hitting around Silver street in Bury

Have started a Ticket log at Silvers Gym (ask for Joe)

Gonna hit them with a mass action for compensation due to distress

Regards

Beck

Edited by Beck1968
spelling

Beck

"There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. one is by the Sword. The other is by Debt."

Barclaycard PPI Refund £4300:whoo:

Barclaycard = Mexican Stand Off

TSB = Mexican Stand Off

Santander = :mad2: MungyPup is coming to get yahh :mad2:

Hi All,

I got a ticket at Superbowl in Leigh also. My criminal barrister friend who has got herself off several parking tickets as well as her clients has advised that this company has no legal right to issue tickets or demand money. She recommends NOT contacting them at all and says that they will hound victims with threatening letters, but do not respond to any of them.

Here is an excerpt from the email she sent to me.

'If you are prepared to brazen it out and NOT respond to them in any way whatsoever (ie so they don’t even know whether you ever received the letters) it is almost certain that they will not take it any further. They will try it on and try and frighten you into paying though, once they have the address from the DVLA. But they do not have the same powers as a council traffic warden. You haven’t committed any traffic offence. Any dispute with a private parking firm is contractual only. They can’t send in the bailiffs for example, unless they take you to court (unlikely), they win the court case (extremely unlikely) and then you don’t pay whatever costs etc the COURT imposes. (So if anyone turns up at your door demanding payment for this, they are debt collectors – they might as well be collecting for the Salvation Army as they have no legal rights whatsoever, although they may well pretend they are bailiffs (who can only act on the orders of a court) in which case you can say you’ll call the police and report them for impersonating a court official – not a real offence, but it should do the trick.) They can’t ‘fine’ you in legal terms. They can only go to court, under contract law, to reclaim any money they have LOST as a result of you parking on their land – and they can only do that if there is a valid contract in place first. '

Hope this helps you all. Please keep posting on how you are going on with thisBy the way what do you mean by 'PPC'?

Thanks...go get 'em

send this link to your friend http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/parking-traffic-offences/164651-problems-ppcs-face.html?highlight=problems+ppc+face

Will do

Beck

"There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. one is by the Sword. The other is by Debt."

TSB = Mexican Stand Off

Yesterday my car was ticketed at Superbowl Leigh.

Seems I am not alone!

I got wise quick through this forum and the pepipoo site and will of course ignore any demands.

The "ticket" wasnt even signed by the so called attendant who I suspect was skulking around waiting for such opportunities. Nor was there any attendant number recorded. Just the initials.

Superbowl went out of business a while ago. Ive no idea who owns the car park as there is no mention of CPM acting as an agent for anyone. The ticket is extremley suspect as it asks for payment and for the slip to be returned with it. The capark is hardly ever used. I wonder if the owners are aware that CPM are doing this on their land?

Janet Anderson is well aware of this,

Her office manager is Denise Hancock at Rossendale

Her PA is local councillor Sean Serridge

mailto:[email protected]

Every time you get a Ticket mail them......is your CAGGING right

also send a mail to [email protected] she has and continues to give them hell in the local chip shop cover along with LCC trading standards

Beck

TSB = Mexican Stand Off

if you want to stop this [problem] ....keep hittting the MP !!!!!!!!

the "tickets" they give out are governed by contractual law..

so in order to "enforce" the ticket.... they have to take you to court

and produce the evidence of a contract to issue tickets on that land

in order to get you to court they have to set "Rossendales" at you, then

set a solicitor at you with paper, then file the papers at court.

so at some point you will get disclosure of the evidence

AT EVERY POINT IT COST'S THEM TO CHASE YOU

now do the math's on collecting an £80 ticket

they are just bully's and some people pay

if they do have a vaild agreement to ticket on that land, pay the ticket the day before your due in court

TREAT OTHERS AS THEY TREAT YOU

Beck

TSB = Mexican Stand Off

Beck - is that an answer to my post?

Lamma will do if I can find out who they are.

the Land Registry, it costs a couple of pounds. It may show the owner of the mortgage which means a bit more digging. When its a retail park council minutes may show it and there may be a 'site office' that deal with property rentals.

• 1 month later...

Hi guys, I googled 'Rossendales Collect Ltd' and found your interesting thread on them. I received a 'parking charge notice' fixed to my car this week.

I was going to appeal anyway, as I have the 'pay and display' ticket in my posession.

Now when I got it I have to say I panicked a little, I've never received a parking ticket before - £40 within 10 days or else it's £80 ! Now, since I have read up on Private Parking 'Management' I'm quite disgusted.

Should I appeal?

Any advice, before I go ahead, would be greatly appreciated!

:-)

Edited by Catclock
More info

Any appeal will be a complete and total waste of time. save the stamp and don't bother.

REALLY? Eeeeee I can't believe these people. Are you saying it would be a waste of time as I don't have a leg to stand on (as I wasn't displaying) or because of the fact they are so unreasonable?:eek:

no they dont have a hope in getting paid its a [problem] , its not a parking ticket , its a invoice , they are saying you agreed to their T&C by parking , their problem is proving you agreed and they have the right to claim off you , there are 3 words you should follow IGNORE , IGNORE , IGNORE any toot that the send you about they will take you to Court , it always "WE MAY" do this do that , scream and stamp their feet if you dont pay etc etc

Thank you guys. I can't believe how much my eyes have been opened to all of this. The car park manager was very helpful....now I'm most suspicious!

Edited by Catclock
More info

the will get the regg'ed keepers from the DVLA, and send all sorts of letters, inc saying they are solicitors, they may do this or that , they are preparing court documents , you have 7 days to pay, then its the final warning , the final final warning , then the final final warning , by now you should get the gist of it

rules on PRIVATE PARKING Co, NEVER CONFUSE with Legit from Councils and Police though

rule 1) IGNORE

rule 2) IGNORE

rule 3) GOT TO RULE 1

• 1 month later...

I received a ticket off Carpark Management UK Ltd in King Street, Blackburn last week. This was in the car park of a company that has closed down and where a number of other cars were parked, none of whom were displaying any type of parking permit.

It appears to me that they have just slapped a random ticket on my car, in the hope that I would just pay it, which was probably the case until I spotted this forum.

Now, thanks to all the advice posted on here, they can go and whistle for it :)