Faulty Sony laptop from dabs.com

HelpSeeker
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5671 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

I bought Sony Vaio laptop SZ3 series from Dabs.com in February '07. As it's 20 months old, it is out of a warranty. I paid £1520. I still can't believe I paid that much...but that time I thought I was buying a laptop that would last at least for 5 years...

Well...I was wrong! Few months ago, one of my two USB ports stopped working. As I've been extremely busy at my work I didn't think of complaining that time. Few weeks after that my in-built camera stopped working... I started to be a bit frustrated. Unfortunately, it didn't stop there...and my touchpad started to behave strangely. Once a while, mouse cursor flicks around for few seconds. That isn't all... My second USB port started to cause problems as well... sometimes it works (when I'm lucky), but most of the time it doesn't. The worst thing started few weeks ago, when very strange noise started to come out of the laptop and sometimes it wouldn't boot at all. The noise disappears when I move the screen or lift one side of the laptop... I tried to do full recovery of the system just to eliminate software problems as a reason...but it didn't help. I guess it seems shocking that I didn't start to deal with this problem earlier, but I was just too tired and frustrated as this was not the quality I expected of Sony Laptop for £1520... I contacted Sony few days ago and they told me that because it is out of warranty I needed to pay full repair which might cost between £176-£700. I don't have so much money to spare and also I don't feel that 20 months is reasonable lifespan of such an expensive laptop.

I haven't contacted Dabs.com, yet as I want to seek some advice first to make sure I will follow the right steps.

Please, let me know whether I have a chance to get a free repair, a replacement or a refund in this situation.

Thank you in advance!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5671 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks