Expectant mum grateful for all advice re: dealing with DCAs

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5686 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone, having read some of the threads concerning dealings with DCAs I've decided to get my head out of the sand and follow the example and advice of some inspiring members on this site. I've recently had threatening letters from Blair Oliver & Scott in addition to Debitas and am now going to request a copy of my original credit agreement, correspond only in writing (the call centre harrassment is dreadful) and do all I can to sort my finances and credit file out. In all honesty, at 7 months pregnant (with a 2yr old already) taking on these bullies is the last thing I want to be doing and I am feeling very apprehensive. It's only reading some of the success stories posted on here that's finally given me the courage to take action. Any advice offered would be gratefully received.

With thanks and best wishes xx

Taking them on is likely to prove far less stressful than caving in to their abuse. They are hunters who love to see weakness, and especially lack of knowledge, in their prey.

Who knows, if you start winning a few wars with these clowns you may even come to enjoy it. Have a look for posts by "Fuzzybobble" if you don't believe me!

First things first. If Blair, Oliver and Scott and Debitas are threatening you regarding alleged debts which are covered by the Consumer Credit Act 1974, you need to send them a CCA request to make sure they have an enforceable agreement.

Send this with a £1 postal order. No cheques. Do not sign the letter. Although everyone on CAG is convinced that no nice DCA would ever stoop so low as to copy a signature onto a fake agreement, it is best not to take the risk just in case a nasty employee has got in there by mistake.

Letters are also available requesting that all correspondence must be in writing. These should be sent as well.

Never have any dialogue with them on the telephone. Refuse to answer security questions as you have no proof that they are who they say they are, and tell them to put everything in writing.

That is if you bother to communicate with them at all. The alternative is just to pull the phone plug out of the wall and let them go to hell.

You are in the right place to find all the help and support you need. Any questions, just ask.

Start with the CCA requests.

SH

Hi there

Am awaiting a response from Blair Oliver & Scott (deadline next Tues) regarding request for original credit agreement and have now received a similar letter from Fredrickson International regarding a Capital One credit card balance. Have sent a letter to them too today asking for the original credit agreement, so will wait to see how they respond. There seems to be a real surge of activity and increase in threatening demands at the moment judging by the letters received by friends and family recently. I'm directing anyone I know in similar circumstances to this website and many thanks to those out there who are able to offer support and advice.

Kind regards

Moneyprobs