Unsecured Debt

Donk28
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5675 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys,

I have over £20,000 of unsecured debt that originally defaulted back in 2001. For about 3 years I made small payments through a 3rd party (EuroDebt) which I stopped in 2004.

I moved house since last contact with my creditors and have had no contact in the last few years, but I've not made any payments for some time.

Would you suggest that I got in touch to advise that I have moved? I'm just concerned that it's going to re-appear in the future when I least expect it.

Please advise.

I'm not a legal expert. Anything I offer is my opinion based on my personal experience, so please get professional, legal advise before taking any action.

Let sleeping dogs lie. If they want to find you then they will.

Beating the DCA's day by day

My fight:

NDR - CCA'd 12+2 passed

Bank of Scotland - CCA'd 12+2 passed

CFS - Win by Technical Knock-out!:lol:

HFC Bank - CCA'd 12+2 passed

Chantry Collections - CCA sent

Time flies like an arrow

Fruit flies like a banana :D

<---------- Have I given you top advice, have I made you laugh, click on the scales, it won't hurt you! :grin:

Hi Berry Lover,

Thanks for the response. Is there a danger that anthing could go to court without my knowledge if I continue like this?

Thanks

I'm not a legal expert. Anything I offer is my opinion based on my personal experience, so please get professional, legal advise before taking any action.

Its possible, it could have already, but you would need to have a look at your credit report to check that, and that would almost certainly alert your creditors to your new location. If you are not planning on applying for new credit then I would leave everything as it is.

My fight:

NDR - CCA'd 12+2 passed

Time flies like an arrow

<---------- Have I given you top advice, have I made you laugh, click on the scales, it won't hurt you! :grin:

Thanks again.

It hasn't already happened as I saw a copy of my credit report recently and there were no CCJ's on there.

I just can't understand why they have gone so long without speaking to me and not taken me to court?

Thanks again.

It hasn't already happened as I saw a copy of my credit report recently and there were no CCJ's on there.

I just can't understand why they have gone so long without speaking to me and not taken me to court?

Because their desks must be 3 feet deep in cases at the minute - and getting deeper by the day.

At the moment there are lots of easier fish to fry!

In that case, just let it go. If they contact you in the future then come back for advice. In the meantime don't worry.

My fight:

NDR - CCA'd 12+2 passed

Time flies like an arrow

In that case, just let it go. If they contact you in the future then come back for advice. In the meantime don't worry.

Just re-read your post.

DONT CONTACT THEM!

You are already 4 years towards your 6 year period of having them "statute barred" and unenforceable.

Keep doing whatever you have been doing & presumably not putting your new address down on anything official?

• Haha 1

Hi Guys,

I have over £20,000 of unsecured debt that originally defaulted back in 2001. For about 3 years I made small payments through a 3rd party (EuroDebt) which I stopped in 2004.

I moved house since last contact with my creditors and have had no contact in the last few years, but I've not made any payments for some time.

Would you suggest that I got in touch to advise that I have moved? I'm just concerned that it's going to re-appear in the future when I least expect it.

Please advise.

Your debt/s will just be "lost in the system" now so to speak or they may have been written off by now?

Sometimes guilt can make you worry about things like this.

I had a 7000 loan from years ago - i had moved address numerous times for reasons unconnected, all these years on i have never heard anything about it & know it will have just vanished into beauracratic nothingness by now.

If the worst ever happened..i just deny that i lived at a certain address from years ago, as ive no actual proof that i did ;)

• Haha 1

Hi Guys,

Many thanks for your responses.

To answer The Chancellor's question, my bank obviously know where I am (but they're fine and I don't have any debt with them), and I have a credit card I've recently obtained in this address, so I'm sure the addresses could be linked through my credit profile.

Just on Mr Ton's point, do debts get written off?

Thanks