morgan stanley or barclaycard ***DELIGHTED**

brindles
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5296 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Brindles,

The schedule looks fine so far but I've unapproved the posts which showed your personal a/c no. and name !!

Adapt this letter re the missing state's - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/6986-data-protection-act-non.html.

I don't think you should include estimates as they will have to be formally amended if you've filed your claim and this will cost you more for the N244.

You should reclaim all the penalty chgs, including the lower ones - they're still penalties and, as such, are unlawful.

I'm not sure you need to use the interest figure you say of 23.9% but I'll ask Steven4064 to comment on this.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

I've had a look - Whether the spreadsheet is correct or not depends on what you are trying to do.

If you are trying to recalim the interest they levied on the charges you can't do it like this because it doesn't take into account where you made payments.

If you are claiming interest in restitution, then the calcualtion is correct but do you understand the arguments relating to restitution?

All these things are explained in the interest tutorial linked from my signature.

hi slick,

i have now received a reply to my S.A.R and have worked out the charges. actually no working out needed as its plain to see. I am going to enter the fiqures into this spreadsheet, that i see you have recommended before in other threads.http://www.shweb.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/interestcalcs.xls

I just need to know that if a late charge is £20 do i enter the whole £20 or just £8 after removing £12 for the amount i understand they can charge.

Im guessing as these charges are before 2006 i ask for the whole amount as i have noticed in 2006 a late charge was reduced to £12 from what had always been £20 before 2006.

Can i claim the late charges for £12 and /or should i not really be entitled to claim the £12 late charges.

just a bit confused here, have read hundreds of posts(feels like that anyway) and im sure i understand just my head seems to be swimming with it all. a nudge in the right direction please.

thank you.

Hi Brindles,

You can reclaim the whole amount of every penalty charge they made to the a/c. :)

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

thank you for the reply and i have filled out the spreadsheet. i was feeling nervious about this but the one you recommended is fantastic working it all out for you.

I have noticed after entering todays date to finish the spread sheet it automaticaly added on the interest from yesterday. I am amased.

Is this the best savings account in the world or does my claim date start from the last charge on my account. in other words can i wait another month and claim more? I dont want to do this as i wish to send my claim as soon as, just i wonder.

soon as i print of the spreadsheet and let you have some fiqures. err um whats the polite donation amount.lol,

thank you slick.

Hi Brindles,

It would be wise to process the claim as soon as you can. For reasons explained earlier, it will be months before this is settled, so you will get interest up to when settlement is agreed.

You've not responded to Steven's comments about understanding the arguments relating to restitution. It's important that you do, and that you're aware of the opposition which BC will put in your way.

The site's policy is a suggested 5% donation of what you've been helped to reclaim, once you've been successful. If, in the meantime, you want to donate, that is your prerogative. :)

hi steven,

yes i read the tutorial yesterday. under the heading

estimating interest charged and where it says credit cards there is a link to a spreadsheet(not advanced).

I have simply entered the charge,the charge amount and date. the spreadsheet did the rest. All this must be ok.

I used 23.9% as i believed i should use the most up to date fiqure and this is what is on my statement.

So should i just adjust the apr. any idea to what please.

or am i totaly going down the wrong road.

help please, thanks.

hi steven,

yes i read the tutorial yesterday. under the heading

estimating interest charged and where it says credit cards there is a link to a spreadsheet(not advanced).

I have simply entered the charge,the charge amount and date. the spreadsheet did the rest. All this must be ok.

I used 23.9% as i believed i should use the most up to date fiqure and this is what is on my statement.

So should i just adjust the apr. any idea to what please.

or am i totaly going down the wrong road.

help please, thanks.

I realise that the bit about estimating interest on credit card charges is not very good. The best (ie most accurate) way is to do it as I describe for current accounts. Just putting the charges in the simple spreadsheet with the normal APR over-estiimates (possibly grossly) the interest payed because it doesn't take account of any payments you made. Of course, if you didn't make any payments after charges had been added or if you always had a balance greater than the total charges or nearly so, then it is probably not such an over-estimate.

Sorry to gate crash-

Something of interest to ex-Morgan Stanley credit card customers-

I CCA'd Barclaycard with regard to a MS credit card a/c- all they came up with was an old copy of *Barclaycard* T&Cs.

*ie: Not a copy of my MS application form or T&Cs.*

Just a thought- draw you own conclusions. ;-)

I use this to work out contractual compound interest. Its very good.

Compound interest calculator

hi steve

hi noomill060

ok seems as though im almost there.

steve, my account has a 2600 limit and i seem to always have a ballance around 1800.

as im not to use the apr rate on my statemet then im lost. i have looked at barclaycard web site and there is a range of interest rates for different cards.

Hi noomill,

I have thought about sending a ....C.C.A request but at the moment this is my only credit lifeline. I do suspect that they may not have one though.

I want them to pay me, not credit it to my account. will this happen?

thank you both for your help.

I am thinking that my card is with barclays, and before that my card was morgan stanley, although goldfish had some interest in the middle i have never had a goldfish card.

So i was suprised that the S.A.R i sent to barclays, came a reply from goldfish.

So i am dealing with goldfish it seems.

while goldfish had control of my account i was still always using my morgan stanley card and always received morgan stanley statements and not once did my account number change.

Since barclays took over i have received a barclay card replacing the morgan stanley card, new card number, new account number, barclaycard statements and had to renew my direct debit.

sureley this has nothing to do with goldfish as i had to sign up for a new account with barclays.

given the above would i have a argument for them to pay me direct.

also please dont forget about my apr and how do i know what is the correct % to apply.

thanks again.

hi noomill,

I sent S.A.R to barclays on the 15/10/08 at there northampton address.

got a reply dated 29/10/08 from goldfish in glasgow. saying they have my S.A.R.

7/11/08 came my statements, from goldfish and again glasgow with 3 statements missing.

i have sent L.B.A to goldfish at glasgow on 14/11/08

hope this clears that up.

I am at the stage of entering my details(except the 3 missing) on to a spread sheet.

This is where i need advice.

i have looked and i have read but the comments made in this post have confused me as to

what spreadsheet?

what interest rate i should enter for a claim to a credit card company for unlawfull charges.

Im not being lazy, as i am confused.

please can someone make this a bit clearer for me.

thank you very much.

Hi Brindles,

I left this to others, who are better with this topic than me, to answer but no comments yet. So I'll stick my oar in................

If you use the blueyonder spready form 13 posts back, Steven said it looks OK but you need to understand the arguments relating to restitution.

If you want to claim back the intrest they applied to your a/c, use the Credit Card, Advanced option here - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/182-6-interest-calculation-spreadsheets.html This takes a/c of the pay'ts which you made to the a/c to reduce the balance each month.

Or you could use Noomill's calc'r to calc'te the int't on each charge. It works on a one-off basis so you'd need to do all the calc'ns and enter them on a schedule to form your SOC.

noomill

I'm not sure you are right - I would name both - "Barclays Banl plc and Goldfish Bank Ltd"

Goldfish is a separate company (Co number 6125763) although owned by Barclays

I think this needs to be sorted out as we have seen cases lsot because the claimant wrote the wrong company name on the calim form (eg GE Money instead of GE Mortgages, or something along those lines - can't remeber). THe fact that one company owns another is irrelevant

hi steve 4064

i now feel how you guys must feel as i now have 3 of you to answer.

first thank you all very much.

for my sake lets just slow this down a second and let me run through the questions you have raised in the order they are going to be a problem to me.

Am i claiming against the right company?

I have made no claim. but i have sent a sar to barclays,northampton and the reply came from goldfish,glasgow-6yrs statements, but for 3 missing.

the reply was from steven porter, goldfish, glasgow.

Should i now write to goldfish saying thank you for the information but i sent you no such request and write to barclay card reminding them they have not replied to my s.a.r..

I have never paid a penalty charge barclays. only morgan stanley/goldfish.

hi slick 132,

you have advised in a simular post to claim contractual interest from the outset and provided a link to a spreadsheet.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclaycard/138906-mackerel-barclaycard.html

Why does this thread/advice not apply to me. I have read the tutorial several times now and although not totally clear i am sure i do not wish to claim for restitution and i think i just wish to appy contractual interest wich i think is the one on my statement.

If it is not this interest amount, where do i find contractual interest amount.

Hi noomill060,

I had a morgan stanley card and received morgan stanley statements throughout.

The only thing from goldfish was a letter saying they are now the owners. i have nevewr had a credit card with goldfish logo.

It was only when barclays sent me one of there cards with new account number that i noticed any change.

may i ask,

you say the interesr on your statement is the interest you have entered.

what have you entered it into?

what is the interest called that is on your statement?

I entered my statement interest 23.90% into the simple spreadsheet http://www.shweb.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/interestcalcs.xls.

This is when i was told i had better check what im doing and the word restitution started to appear in this post.

you seem to have just done what i am about to start. what am i doing wrong for all this fuss to start.

is it normal to claim interest on the charges applied.

basicly noomill except for witch company i should claim against why can i not just follow your thread and mackrels thread to bring my thread to the same level.

1) Morgan Stanley Dean Witter (big American investment bank) started a credit card business in the UK in 1999 in their own name.

2) MSDW sold this credit card business to Goldfish 2007. Goldfish were allowed to keep the MS branding on the cards and statements but MS no longer involved.

3) Goldfish credit card business (inc MS) sold to Barclays in April 2008. Deal finalised 23 September 2008 and all MS cards became non functional after this date. As you know these were replaced by a new priduct invented especially by Barclaycard,

Because MS cards always had a cashback facility ( 1% of your spendings was returned to you) and normal Barclaycards dont, the card that Barclaycard replaced MS cards with, is a "Barclaycard Cashback"

Who do we claim against?

Put it this way- just out of devilment, curiosity and in the spirit of adventure, in September I sent Barclaycard a s.78 CCA request for a copy of the agreement, using my nice shiney new Barclaycard Cashback account number.

This week I recieved a copy of Barclaycard's terms. All I know is that yhey are pre-2001-as they make no mention of overlimit/late penalty charges.

I repeat- I made a statutory request for a true copy of the original executed credit agreement for the Morgan Stanley Dean Witter card that I applied for back in 1999.

In response, I got a copy of BARCLAYCARD'S terms, possibly from 1999, this was sent from Northampton, apparently. (not enforceable as supplying terns in response to a CCA request is a breach of the Act, quite apart from the fact fact that I applied for a MSDW card in 1999, not a Barclaycard!!)

I sent the request to Barclay's Bank PLC, Legal and Compliance department at the posh headquarters in Canary Wharf.

They knew my current credit limit and account balance.

This leads me to believe that if I wish to sue someone over this account, that someone is Barclay's Bank PLC.

Edited by noomill060