Nuthatch v Cabot/Goldfish Bank

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5671 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

It is important in this situation to consider the overall bigger picture, and work out what your objectives are.

CCCS is like a rough tool. When you are starting out trying to handle your debt problems, they can be very useful. However, it is more than likely that at some point the tool will become inappropriate for the job, and you will need to discard it and select a sharper one in order to get where you want to go.

This doesn't have to happen immediately, or even quickly, so it is something you can prepare for and be ready for when the time is right.

Everything really depends on your overall situation. You have sent off the CCAs to Crapbot and RW and they have come back with nothing. Only you know how many other alleged creditors are on the CCCS plan, and how they need to be dealt with.

The best advice is to find out as soon as possible what any of them hold in the way of agreements. In the case of overdrafts, how much of the balance is made up of unlawful charges. Then you can decide the best time to come out of CCCS and go it alone. There is no desperate hurry.

Crapbot are just totally incoherent and insane. Nothing they put in their templated letters seems to relate to events in the real world. It doesn't matter. As soon as you are out of the CCCS plan, you can just send them an Account In Dispute letter and leave it at that. Keep hold of everything they send you, though, as it may come in useful later.

Don't feel that you have to come out of the CCCS plan until you have to, but read the posts of some of the other CAG members who have already taken that step. I've yet to read of one who regretted it.

SH

Thanks SH.

When I read replies on here, it does put things in perspective. It's just my personal problems that are getting in the way at the moment.

I have read and subscribed to so many threads my email box is full!

I did do a self administered DMP myself many years ago following my divorce so I know it can be done.

All my other debts (5) bar one are credit cards which are with the original lenders. There is one loan with EGG.

I think I will CCA the rest of my creditors tomorrow. Can't do any harm and I bought the postal orders ages ago when I was feeling brave.

If I get CCAs back, all well and good, but at least I will know where I stand I suppose. It's the not knowing that is the worst.

If all the creditors keep adding charges, it would be impossible to ever pay off the debts we have. It's a licence to print money for them.

I just hope CAG continues to be here to offer support.

Thanks SH.

When I read replies on here, it does put things in perspective. It's just my personal problems that are getting in the way at the moment.

I have read and subscribed to so many threads my email box is full!

I did do a self administered DMP myself many years ago following my divorce so I know it can be done.

All my other debts (5) bar one are credit cards which are with the original lenders. There is one loan with EGG.

I think I will CCA the rest of my creditors tomorrow. Can't do any harm and I bought the postal orders ages ago when I was feeling brave.

If I get CCAs back, all well and good, but at least I will know where I stand I suppose. It's the not knowing that is the worst.

If all the creditors keep adding charges, it would be impossible to ever pay off the debts we have. It's a licence to print money for them.

I just hope CAG continues to be here to offer support.

Hi nuthatch,

I was in a similar situation to yours, possibly worse. I made the decision to pull out of my CCCS at the end of last year. I had been getting constant aggravation from Halifax, yet I knew the 'agreement' they had sent me was a big pile of poo. I had CCAd all of my creditors and the bulk of my debt was completely unenforceable, so I pulled out of the DMP. Since then, I am paying 4 creditors, but I'm still paying them the same amount I was a year ago and none of them have given me any hassle.

I'm not saying that the same thing will happen to you, but it is very definitely worth sending off the CCA requests because you never know what might turn up.

Regards.

Fred

• Haha 1

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

I spoke to the CCCS yesterday and my counsellor was very sympathetic but again confirmed that CCCS have no power to stop creditors adding charges. I said that it was a licence to print money as my repayments were never going to cover what Cabot are adding even though the account is now in dispute and they shouldn't do it.

So, having spent a sleepless night worrying about what to do, I have re-read all the advice I have received on CAG recently and made a decision.

I am sending CCAs to my other creditors over the course of the next couple of days.

By the middle of December I will know who is not going to play ball and who has a CCA (enforceable or not)

Then...thank you Scabhunter... in the New Year, I will review the situation and decide when I will start administering my own DMP and leave CCCS.

As I told the counsellor. I may as well be bankrupt (which I can't be in Scotland but I could move over the border a few miles away ;))

I am too old to take on a mortgage now. I never want or need credit as I live totally within my budget. So I could start again but I will try and fight the b******* first and go down fighting.

It is so sad that all this happened because of short time working, eventual redundancy, loss of a business, ill health and then the sudden tragic death of my husband in June. Not to mention a major house fire, a flood resulting in loss of income from house rental,2 car crashes, 3 operations, my Mother's dementia....in 3 yrs it's a lot to cope with.

All the little problems our caring financial institutions keep reminding us they want to help us cope with when we have debt problems :rolleyes:

Pardon me while I open a bottle of home made wine.

Good for you nuthatch - we're with you all the way and you deserve all the support and good luck that you can get.

I made a spreadsheet a while back to help with budgetting and creditor payments and you can find it here: humyo.com - IEStatement.xls

If you want to know how it works, read this: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/157162-income-expenditure-budgetting-spreadsheet.html#post1677915

I hope it helps you. If you need any advice or help on that sort of thing, just shout.

Good luck.

Regards.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.