Play Their Own Games With Them

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5696 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi ALL,

A few years ago I purchased a 0871 number (which diverts to my landline) which makes me pennies for receiving calls from the utility companies (All Adds Up)

Recently, I have fallen behind with a couple of payments with Thames Water. They in turn have used CWC, a Dept recovery Company who in turn have used Intrum (in)Justitia.

For the past couple of days, I have been getting call from Intrum (in)Justitia. Reading the posts from everyone on this site, they [intrum (in)Justitia] are as everyone is complaining.

Cut a long story short, I am happy to take their calls and keep them on the phone without confirming the security questions they ask me. Much to their fustration. They make money out of us for ringing them using 0871 numbers, so, I decided to fight back and have my own 0871 number.

If anyone rings me and I am asked to verify my home number, I always say to them " It's the same as on your file on me, check your records ", another thing I do is to pretend I am calling me and put the phone on the side and carry on with I am doing..... (NEVER give them your proper numbers.Tell family at home too). Hopefully you get the picture

I know this might not be the best way to go about doing this, but, it's one way to beat the system- trying to get something back.

[EDIT]

Thanks for reading my post

SuRfInGuS

Edited by Rooster-UK
Commercial link removed.

Regard's

SuRfInGuS

Hi 42man,

You DONT need a seperate line as you can divert the 0871 number to any landline number you want.

I have a seperate work line at home now. Before, It was diverted to my home line, I told wife and kids what to do and expect.

Cost is very cheap, just buying the number for around £10 plus V.A.T

Hope this helps.

SuRfInGuS

Edited by surfingus

Regard's

SuRfInGuS

I've done the same thing quite recently. The company I did this with don't charge you a fee like yours does. Instead they take a few tenths of a p out of each minute of the call charges. I haven't received a payment yet - the minimum they pay out is £10 and anything smaller gets carried forward. Either I haven't had any calls to that number or I haven't had enough calls.

I really do appreciate all those 'thank you' emails - I'm glad I've been able to help. Apologies if I haven't acknowledged all of them.

You can also ding my gong if you prefer. :)

Hi Having_A_Knightmare,

I will P.M you the company I use...

Its NOT expensive. £9.99 plus VAT and divert to any landline number of your choice. You get 1 free go to divert to your number. If you change the end number, you have to pay. Not sure what that charge is.

Regard's

SuRfInGuS

yes, i got one too, but as i'm on benefits i must declare anything over £15 a week i think, but if the debt collections keep phoning the way they do, i'll be able to come off benefits anyway...lol

Seriously though, i only got one phone line, and i know some collectors have my normal number...how do i tell them to use the 0871 number?

You start giving that number to all the utilities companies and banks etc, then, when you get into trouble, thats the only number they have for you. The other way is, if you know they have phoned you on your home number, tell them you are changing it to the 0871 one.

I have given out that number since day one.

You wont make millions, but it should start paying off eventually. If it dont, you know that when these ppl contact you, you know in your mind you are getting one over them. Like a feel good factor i suppose!!

Regard's

SuRfInGuS

it does feel good knowing they have to pay to talk to me for a change. Like you say, it wont make millions, i dont want it to, i want that number to try and prevent as much spam calls and stupid debt collection calls as possible.

The number is not for money making either, and it's not a job...i just want the DCA's to know, they might..just might be helping me to pay a few pence a week towards what they think i owe them.

As one collector accepted 8p a month, i can cover that cost just about..lol

Oh, and when you log into your account at UK2numbers...you don't see your amount you earned, you see the amount you earned from recomending thier service. You need to pay to get the reports from them i think.

I'm not too bothered about what they pay or dont, as long as i get a few pence at the end of the month, or so..i'll be happy.

The difference between UK2numbers and other ones that give you a FREE number..is the free numbers take a very tiny % of each call, as well as you making something. Also, the first 500 minutes of a FREE number are not earned as income, you wont get a penny on the first 500 minutes, unlike UK2numbers...you get money back from the first minute.

Very True!!

Another set of numbers is 090... these baby's would be £1 per min!

But, its a little harder to get these numbers, unlike the 0871 one's...

Where you the UK you from? P.M if you want.

Thanks,

Regard's

SuRfInGuS

i'm in Blackpool, there no suprise or hidden detials in wehre i live...lol

It's just that i thought a profile picture of a dustbin and where i am " in your gargen" sounds about right..lol

090 numbers are nor company specific, and mostly used for rip of things...like joke lines, however, there are some usefull things for them numbers.

You could in all theory, set up a recording, just for DCA's...and this recording could last anything up to..i don't know..10 minutes. Fob them off with a bit of twaddle, as we all can at times...then tell them to call your 0871 number for more details..lol

I'm not sure anyone but a company or someone employed could do this, becuase you have to agree to another part of the telecomunications act or something to prove your not just a rip off, but i guess it could be done.

An induvidual wont be able to do that, so a basic 0871 is good enough:)

I will do my homework into it again. try and see if I can get one. Will let you know too.

I live in East London.

Sighs, I need to hit the bed as i have an early start in the morning.

Nite Nite :cool:

Regard's

SuRfInGuS