Link Financial have done a mass mailing of Default Notices re: assigned accounts.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4227 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks angry_cat - I'll wait for Link's reply first and if the amount is not the correct one (or if they don't reply) I will send S.A.R. to all of them. You're right, that's probably the only way to find out what the heck went on with this account.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks angry_cat - I'll wait for Link's reply first and if the amount is not the correct one (or if they don't reply) I will send S.A.R. to all of them. You're right, that's probably the only way to find out what the heck went on with this account.

You have a Right; to 'KNOW'...!

I would be querying as to why there were 2 debt collectors chasing the alleged, unsubstantianted debt, at the same time;

this goes against the OFT guidelines.

Furthermore, until Link provide you will a full statement of account, they have not complied with your CCA Request.

As stated prior, mark all future letters; ACCOUNT IN DISPUTE.

Link Financial should not pursue you until all the information that you have requested has been supplied and that includes all information requested within your S.A.R's - (Subject Access Request)'s.

You may well find yourself in the situation whereby Link et al, fail to supply said information, if that occurs then you must file a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.

AC

p.s. still no response from the OFT?

Edited by angry cat
error

Hi AC, I am expecting to hear something on Monday from TS. They say their legal team are looking into certain aspects and they will be in a position to discuss the outcome then. I was supposed to hear by end of last week, but they didn't contact me, so I have chased them up and will expect a response tomorrow. I did point out that they must be aware now that many other complaints have been made about Link via Lambeth, and she said she would discuss everything once the legal team come back to them. If they do update me tomorrow, I will let you know the outcome. Regards, Magda

AC, thanks for your reply and advice. I will keep you posted with what happens... should be interesting to see if they'll come up with something!

In any case, even if it happens to be the case that they have indeed taken into account my payments to Wescot, I will still complain about all of them (MBNA, LINK & WESCOT), as this was such a fiasco! I've got the original letter from MBNA saying that Wescot is handling my account, and Wescot's letter saying 1.5 years later, "sorry we can't find you on our computers"! I will not let them off the hook without some fuss. Also, I have to check that the CA they've provided is valid (checking other posts about that at the moment: they're quoting only the APR and not the monthly interest figure of the loan... maybe that's an issue, or maybe not....)

I complained to Caerphilly TS many months ago now, and this is the reply (final decision) that I have received - I really can't believe it (although I shouldn't really be surprised should I?)

Quote:

"My understanding is that your complaint against the above company relates to 2 issues –

a) Harassment

b) Delays in provision of information relating to your agreements

I comment as follows:

a) Any offence that may have been committed in relation to harassment would have been at the place it occurred. In this instance your home. Consequently your local Trading Standards Service is the appropriate avenue for dealing with this complaint. (My local TS couldn't be bothered to look into this - each time I rang they just moaned about how busy they are, whch is why I switched to Caerphilly)

b) Delayed Provision

At the time of your request remedies and actions for failure to comply with a request for information properly made under S.77 – 79 of the Consumer Credit Act were both civil and criminal.

In considering what is the appropriate action, if any, to take in relation to the alleged criminal breach we have taken into account national and local guidelines on

· Dealing with traders who span LA boundaries

· Factors to be taken into account when considering enforcement actions.

After giving the matter careful consideration we have concluded that it is not appropriate for this authority to take direct enforcement action in relation to your complaint due to a number of factors which include:

- Subsequent provision of the documents (yes, nine months later, after TS intervention)

- The decision and policy making base of the company is not in our area

- The criminal offences no longer exist; the Act having been amended on the introduction of the Consumer Protection Regulations this year.

Consequently we will be taking no further action in respect of your complaint.

Typical isn't it? it makes you absolutely furious, but there you go, Link are off Scott free again, I wouldn't hold your breath anyone where Lambeth is concerned (caerphilly has been chatting to them, I know) as I think the result will be pretty much the same. Magda

DISGRACEFUL!!!

same old nonsense from TS.

Under the new CPUTR's they have a duty to act.

Furthermore, perhaps they should read the advice given by LACORS.

MAGDA, go back and COMPLAIN to your local TS;

Your MP and

MEP.

Also check out the 2006 amendments, which are retrospective.

Not Good Enough Lambeth and Caerphilly TS!

Why Are Lambeth & Caerphilly Trading Standards, Hiding in the Long Grass?

These two local gov. bodies are playing with the electorate/Council Tax Payers.

SHAME ON YOU LAMBETH & CAERPHILLY; COUNCIL; TRADING STANDARDS:(

An utter disgrace...

AC

DISGRACEFUL!!!

same old nonsense from TS.

Under the new CPUTR's they have a duty to act.

Furthermore, perhaps they should read the advice given by LACORS.

MAGDA, go back and COMPLAIN to your local TS;

Your MP and

MEP.

Also check out the 2006 amendments, which are retrospective.

Not Good Enough Lambeth and Caerphilly TS!

Why Are Lambeth & Caerphilly Trading Standards, Hiding in the Long Grass?

These two local gov. bodies are playing with the electorate/Council Tax Payers.

SHAME ON YOU LAMBETH & CAERPHILLY; COUNCIL; TRADING STANDARDS:(

An utter disgrace...

AC

I know, I sent an email back to the person concerned and asked if they had a conflict of interests, as Link are a local company employing large numbers of people. Without Link, I'm sure there would be significant job losses, so I don't think they will do anything, in case they rock the boat. The thing is, they have obviously had a lot of complaints on this occasion and still they won't do anything. I actually mentioned on the phone the other day when talking to TS that I know complaints had been made to lambeth and she refused to discuss it. Seems very underhanded somehow. No wonder these companies laugh when TS is mentioned, I'm not surprised. regards, magda

They have probably all been invited to Link's Christmas bash!!!!

Of course, they wouldn't be biased!!!!!

Sounds to me a complaint should be made to the Minster who is supposed to be responsible for Trading Standards.

and also lodge a complaint with Consumer Direct!! - they will soon get tired of taking all the complaints and may force them to take action!

Happy Christmas to Link!

ive read the first 8 pages of this thread so i aplogise if im repeating something someone has said or asked before. .. i had a car loan with GE money who gave it to link financial about feb time this year.

do they have thr ight to collect a debt that you signed with someone other company? they are very ignorant .. i made 2 payments to GE before they passed it over, one for £600 and one for £150. im not sure about the later one but link blatantly have said the £600 hasnt been received by them however GE told me it had been received in feb of this year.i only have about £300 left on this debt now and have asked if they have recieved both payments and what my balance is but havent had any reply??

additions direct-no CCA

marshall ward-no CCA

next-CCA turns up after they have committed offence,(30 days) S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) time!

monument -CCA not signed reported to TS for harrassment 1st letter sent TS are useless

associates visa-no CCA

think there might be a pattern here!?:lol:

GE Money- won

barclaycard-- N1 put into court

capital one - won

NatWest- won

never lose sight of your goal!

ive read the first 8 pages of this thread so i aplogise if im repeating something someone has said or asked before. .. i had a car loan with GE money who gave it to link financial about feb time this year.

do they have thr ight to collect a debt that you signed with someone other company? they are very ignorant .. i made 2 payments to GE before they passed it over, one for £600 and one for £150. im not sure about the later one but link blatantly have said the £600 hasnt been received by them however GE told me it had been received in feb of this year.i only have about £300 left on this debt now and have asked if they have recieved both payments and what my balance is but havent had any reply??

Has GE Money or Link sent a Notice of Assignment to you, and have you so far made any repayments directly to Link? If the answer is no to these questions, then the following may apply:

"The Assignee must find the Debtor and tell them of the Assignment or risk the Debtor discharging the Debt by paying the Assignor."

If you haven't been informed officially of the assigment, pay direct to GE Money.

Link are extremely unhelpful, we have all found that to be the case. If you have any dealings with them, do so in writing as it is pointless talking to them on the phone, it won't get you anywhere.

In addition, as your loan was for car finance, was it secured on the car as for HP? If that is the case then as long as you have paid more than one third or more of the debt the creditor cannot repossess the car without a court order, which you may already know.

Link only have the right to collect if the debt has been correctly assigned and you have been informed in writing of this.

Magda

I was just reading the following on the Link website:

"Most people find being in debt stressful. Link Financial is not only aware of this, but also understands that our customers' circumstances when they applied for the credit may have been different from when the account fell into arrears. Yes, they are so understanding, aren't they?

To help alleviate the stress (any stress we have is caused directly by Link) of dealing with creditors, Link Financial aims quickly to set up a payment plan that is affordable to the customer and then to suspend all interest and other charges on the account. By talking to Link Financial, the customer is guided through the process of setting up a payment plan, which may include a calculation of payments to other creditors. Once a customer has come to an agreement with their creditors, the creditors are likely only then to contact them when the account needs to be reviewed, which may be every 6 to 12 months, depending on circumstances. In this way, customers find themselves able to get on with other things in their life, rather than constantly dealing with telephone calls and letters demanding money.

What a load of rubbish this really is. As for suspending all interest and charges, they have taken me to court for four accounts this year and the interest and charges are abundant. Doesn't that rather contradict what they say here?

Magda

Thanks for the "link" ;) to the thread about LINK calling up neighbourghs!! (and the link within that link). Very nasty of them.

They do that on a regular basis. They've done it to us twice already. Magda

Well, the fact that they faxed my father at his office for one of my accounts is similar to that, so I suppose they've done it to me once as well. These sort of dirty tactics they use are illegal and make me :mad:

I know, but try getting anyone to do something about it - they just don't want to know.

I know, but try getting anyone to do something about it - they just don't want to know.

MAGDA, TS and the OFT must be made to listen!

Link Financial are breaching the new CPUTR's which are UK Law.

In many cases Link and MBNA are in cahoots; co creditors;

LINK/MBNA's bad practice is unacceptable...

MBNA selling accounts that are in serious dispute, then claiming Tax Relief.

Totally ignoring the protestations of the customer, this is not acceptable behaviour.

Mandelson warns credit card firms - Yahoo! News UK

AC

Hi all

Well I have at last a response from OFT and not from the CE who i addressed the letter to. Seems to be a fairly standard letter firstly directing be to the Consumer Credit Register. In the letter it states Link's licence is current but on the site it states it finished in May?????

Then they ask me to send any further information (i already complained to them ages ago and so they have stuff) which may be of use. Then the usual stuff that they won't disclose any possible action against Link and so on.

Does it fill me with optimism......surprisingly NO! Nonetheless they can have copies of everything (again)....

Also Link wrote to me recently about a complaint i raised (strange that i didn't complain but they took my comments as complaint) and hey surprise surprise they found after rigorous investigation they weren't at fault. Oh and the signature on the letter is from the same person who sent the one i challenged (obviously a very independent investigation there then!)

Tierisch

Guest Menucha
MAGDA, TS and the OFT must be made to listen!

Link Financial are breaching the new CPUTR's which are UK Law.

In many cases Link and MBNA are in cahoots; co creditors;

LINK/MBNA's bad practice is unacceptable...

MBNA selling accounts that are in serious dispute, then claiming Tax Relief.

Totally ignoring the protestations of the customer, this is not acceptable behaviour.

Mandelson warns credit card firms - Yahoo! News UK

AC

Maybe Peter Mandelson should be inundated with complaints against the DCAs.

Hi all

Well I have at last a response from OFT and not from the CE who i addressed the letter to. Seems to be a fairly standard letter firstly directing be to the Consumer Credit Register. In the letter it states Link's licence is current but on the site it states it finished in May?????

Then they ask me to send any further information (i already complained to them ages ago and so they have stuff) which may be of use. Then the usual stuff that they won't disclose any possible action against Link and so on.

Does it fill me with optimism......surprisingly NO! Nonetheless they can have copies of everything (again)....

Also Link wrote to me recently about a complaint i raised (strange that i didn't complain but they took my comments as complaint) and hey surprise surprise they found after rigorous investigation they weren't at fault. Oh and the signature on the letter is from the same person who sent the one i challenged (obviously a very independent investigation there then!)

Tierisch

I emailed my letter of complaint to John Fingleton, here is the response:

Dear AC

Consumer Credit Act 1974 (the Act)

Complaint Against: Link Financial Limited

Licence No: 446835

Thank you for your email received on 30 October 2008. I apologise for the delayed response.

The Consumer Credit Register (‘CCR’) provides details of applications for holders of consumer credit licences, both current and past. It also contains details of any OFT decisions to refuse an application or revoke a consumer credit licence as well as information relating to any appeal against this decision. Due to legal constraints, the OFT is unable to disclose any further information relating to licence applications above and beyond that which is available on the CCR. The register can be accessed from the OFT web-site at:-

Public Register

The CCR entry for Link Financial Limited (licence number 0446835) shows its licence status to be ‘current’ – which is correct.

In considering the fitness of any business to hold a consumer credit licence we can take account of any relevant matters. If you have any information which you believe may be relevant to Link’s fitness to hold a consumer credit licence, we would be grateful if you could forward full details (including copies of any relevant letters or documents) to us for our consideration. Please do not send any original documents as we will not be able to return these to you.

If we were to consider it appropriate to ask Link to respond to any information you provide, we would need to disclose your identity along with details of the information provided. We would therefore be grateful if you could sign the enclosed consent form and return it in the freepost envelope provided. Due to the aforementioned legal constraints on disclosure, we cannot disclose details about- or updates regarding- any action that may be taken as a consequence of any information you provide - should it be considered appropriate to pursue any such action.

Yours sincerely

Olushola Egbowon

Enquiries and Reporting Centre

Office of Fair Trading."

Err, the CCA Public Register states; current but;

expired in May 2008!?

AC