Help to find a decent loan, never had a problem before until late payment

thk
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5709 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I've just been turned down by a couple of the high street lenders after I had never been refused credit before. So I decided to check out my credit file, I have green account satisfactory comments going back years but now I have one late payment fee for a credit card, it was a genuine mistake which is now going to cost me dearly for the next 6 years.

I thought I had cleared the full balance in full the month before but there was £15 and a few pence left on the statement, I did not realise my mistake until I received a letter saying that I have failed to make the minimum payment of £5 and here is a £12 charge.

I paid the full balance which had now gone to £28 over the telephone immediately after reading the letter, thinking that would be it but now this late payment comment for failing to pay a Fiver minimum payment is going to cripple my chances of getting a normal rate loan for the next 6 years, right?

I've been passed onto freedom finance by a loan comnpany I applied to who telephoned me this morning, I gave them all my details but after checking out there website I see that its a secured loan which I do not want and at the bottom in their small prit there is a broker fee of £819 :eek:

On the amount of loan that I want £5k I would expect to pay only around what they are charging as a fee in interest only but I'm expecting them to come back to me to say I'll have to pay £7-8k+ back including fees and interest if my calculations are correct and there is no way I'm paying that!

What is my best option on who to apply for? Or is it going to be the most expensive £5 that I have forgotten ever and I am stuck with these rip off companies until my late payment on my credit file vanishes many years away?