New Claim against Barclays

Phil.Prescott
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6490 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Welcome.

Before you start please have a thorough read of the FAQs (there's a Step by Step guide here too). You may want to print these out to refer to later

Then look at other threads in your bank's forum, so as you know what you can expect to happen

You need to spend 2 or 3 days gradually getting your head round everything.

There's a lot to take in, but it's time well spent and will ensure that you succeed in your claim without problems

This is a self-help forum and you must be prepared to put in time and effort. It is your claim, your money and you cannot expect others to do all the work for you.

When you feel confident that you understand the process and the various stages involved, post your progress and any questions here and you'll get plenty of help

Good luck

Michael, thanks for your reply. I have done as you suggested and am now comfortable with the process (I think) and today have sent off my initial letter (as suggested from this forum) and breakdown of charges I want reimbursed. So, watch this space........................................

Good luck and keep us all posted. Keep all the stages in this thread and if you need any help then ask questions here and we will do our best to help.

BEFORE starting your claim read through the FAQ's and if there's something you aren't sure of then ask.

If you win, donate to this site

Contents of my posts are purely my own personal opinions, some formed by personal experience and some from research. If in doubt seek qualified legal advice.

Well guys, I have received a reply from Barclays (Mike Brophy - Head of Customer Relations) - within a week of my letter, stating that he will deal with my claim thoroughly etc etc etc, and he will get back to me by 14th August blah blah blah...

When my original 2 week deadline is up, I guess I'll just carry on with the process as if I hadn't received a reply at all.......unless some-one can advise otherwise????

Cheers for now....

I assume it was like a standard complaints reply letter? Was there the leaflet in there about their complaints procedure? If so, then it seems to be Barclays set way of responding initially. Keep going with the schedule and if you do not have a satisfactory response within two weeks, send out your LBA letter.

Sounds like you have got your head round it all so far, so well done!!

Don't forget to contribute to the CAG. Without them we would probably still be drafting our prelim letters.

OH Cap One - £436/ So far received £40. MCOL submitted 17/7/06. Caved 4/8/06 for full amount!!!

OH Monument - £140, claim filed 8th May. Requested judgement by default, settled in full 4th July via out of court settlement (see thread). Total £192ish received.

Me Barclays - £630. Received letter 13th May offering £300 full and final (they can bog off). Claim filed 16th May. Acknowledgement of Service filed 22nd May to defend all of the claim. Allocation Questionnaire completed and Stay been ordered by Judge on 18/7/06!!!