Mackenzie Hall -Alledged Caboy Financial

myusername
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5685 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Here are your other threads....

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/150832-unknown-account-thames-credit.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/150829-marks-spencer-store-card.html

As it is Mckenzie Hall...any chance the debt may be stat barred ?....have you sent a CCA ? Do you know what the debt is for ?....

If you're not sure send them this by recorded delivery...and don't hand sign it...

Dear Sir/Madam

You have contacted me/us regarding the account with the above reference number, which you claim is owed by myself/ourselves.

I/we would point out that I/we have no knowledge of any such debt being owed to (insert company name).

I am/we are familiar with the Office of Fair Trading Debt Collection Guidance which states that it unfair to send demands for payment to an individual when it is uncertain that they are the debtor in question.

I/we would also point out that the OFT say under the Guidance that it is unfair to pursue third parties for payment when they are not liable. In not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt you are using deceptive/and or unfair methods.

Furthermore ignoring and/or disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment amounts to physical/psychological harassment.

I/we would ask that no further contact be made concerning the above account unless you can provide evidence as to my/our liability for the debt in question.

I/we await your written confirmation that this matter is now closed. Otherwise I will have no option but to make a complaint to the trading standards department and consider informing the OFT of your actions.

I/we look forward to your reply.

Yours faithfully

Unless they have stipulated to who this "debt" is due you can safely ignore this.

I laughed out loud at the line "our client will not hesitate to take further action" Their client, whoever they are, will not so much hesitate as run away from this before they even consider taking the appropriate further action - that much is clear because they have passed on the account to MHall who are bottom feeders of the worst kind.

The fact they are now chasing you for this suggests there is no documentation to support the claim, has unfair charges oozing out of it and is probably statute barred.

Your choice is to either ignore the letter, and the further threatograms which will follow - once only discount, more action may be taken, another discount offer, a standing order mandate, a red letter asking you to call them to arrange delivery of a mystery package etc - or challenge them to put up or shut up.

Like the artwork!

PS It was only after posting I realised its Cabot who are their clients. Further action? Hahaha!

Edited by NailPost
misread title!

• 4 weeks later...

You need to edit your first post - the reference number is still showing in the "text us" bit

When you've had all the help you need, make sure you stick around to help others too!

Just think, if everyone left the site after they'd got their help, there might not be anyone left the next time YOU come back needing more assistance!!!!!!!

Told you there would be a reduced settlement offer. And they are still claiming their clients will not hesitate to take further action.

I take it you ignored the first letter. You could do the same with this too. But if you do respond send them a CCA request, ask them for the name and address of their "client", throw in a line asking their opinion of the remark about being "unaware of a legitimate reason for non-payment" stating the complete lack of any paperwork is a complete defence in law to their stupid demands. Also insist they send details of their complaints procedure with their next "offer"