HSBC suspended repossession order

rdm2006
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5591 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

:-o GOBSMACKED :eek:

I have received a letter from Shoosmiths today (dated 7th November) to say that they have sent the following letter to the Court Manager.

Arrangements have been made for payments to this mortgage account and at the moment our client does not want to ask for an Order for Possession of the property.

We would therefore be obliged if you would place this letter on the Court file so that it can be considered by the District Judge at the Hearing and ask on our behalf for the case to be generally with liberty to restore, if the claim is not restored by 7th November 2009 the claim be struck out.

We will not be sending an agent to the hearing to repeat this request. No disrespect is intended to the Court. We are endeavouring to minimise the amount of legal costs incurred in these proceedings.

We have written to Mr & Mrs RDM2006 today stating that we will be asking for the case to be adjourned generally, rather than an Order for Possession

Bearing in mind that: -

• We originally asked them to hold off until the ombudsman complaint regarding mis-sold critical illness cover was sorted and were refused point blank
  • We arranged repayment of the arrears and they insisted that this would only be accepted with a suspended repossession order to back it up.
  • The month before last we did not pay the whole amount as we needed to tax & insure our car and got a snotty letter advising us that they were now going for repossession again
  • Last month (due to the above snotty letter) we did not pay any of our mortgage (we thought sod it we might as well as they were going for it anyway)

What kind of tactic is this? Are they afraid that if we told the judge what they have been doing to us for the last 4 years he might just tell them to cough up some compensation and pay off the arrears and give them the remaining amount?

Any ideas/opinions?

Edit

Also does this mean that they no longer have to supply the info requested on the CPR?

Can I go to the hearing and ask the judge to force them to supply this info?

Can I add to the CPR (ask for more info)?

To me this is another case of abuse of the court system to scare us (well it didn't work the first time and it didn't work this time either)

Edited by rdm2006

I would be suspicious of their claim that they have written to the court. It might be a good idea to phone the court and see if they have received anything.

Is there a date stamp on the envelope the letter came in ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Good luck for tomorrow rdm, if you need any further help before tomorrow. It might be a good idea to pm either or both 42man and stephen, just put a link to your thread and ask them to pop in. :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

thank you both

anyone got any vallium? :eek:

For you or the other side ?:D Good luck

BCOBS

well it didnt take long, I was only in 10 mins

told the judge that we had had an on going battle with HSBC since they failed to pay us mortgage protection back in 2004 and that by doing this they had destroyed our credit file, how they failed to put our insurance right even after FOS complaint, how they had called us "habitual overspenders", that there was an ongoing complaint with FOS which (if ruled in our favour) would more than pay off any arrears etc etc.

Judge said that he could see that we had an ongoing struggle with them and that he would instruct them to give me all info i had asked for and allocate a longer time for the next hearing

Excellent news rdm. :D

BCOBS

received a letter from court today which says: -

On the XX XX XX Deputy District Judge XX at XXXXXXXX court

Upon HSBC Bank Plc not attending

and upon hearing Mr RDM2006 in person

and upon hearing Mrs RDM2006 in person

IT IS ORDERED THAT

1. The Claimant do reply to the Defendant's counterclaim and request for information by 4pm on 16th December 2008
  2. The possession hearing is adjourned to:-

XX January 2008 at XX:XX pm at XXXXXXXXXXXX COURT

I wonder what they will do now :rolleyes:

-

I wonder what they will do now :rolleyes:

With any luck they will jump in the hole they have dug and pull the soil in after them :rolleyes:

BCOBS