Charged £44 to borrow £50 over 2 weeks

stan250
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5688 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I needed some cash, got a letter from Barclays telling me about how they had given me some sort of overdraft facility. Never needed one before and never asked for one. Anway I took out £50 which came out of this 'overdraft' thing.

A couple of weeks later I checked my account online to see that they had added two charges of £22 each. I rang and was met with such unbelievable arrogant rudeness you wouldnt believe.

The first one said that the charges were in the letter. When I told her I had obviously missed that bit of the letter otherwise I would not be ringing her to ask what they were all about. She replied "we send out letters and expect people to read them". The third person I spoke to spoke a lot of gibberish at me and when I asked to explain what she meant as I genuinely didnt understand what she was saying she replied "I am speaking plain English". By this point I was apopleptic with rage.

The fourth person I spoke to was one in a million (at Barclays anyway) and went out of his way to sort it out. He got the charges refunded, got his supervisor to listen to the previous calls for rudeness and added a proper overdraft onto my account.

I was a happy Woolwich customer and NEVER EVER wanted to become a Barclays customer- I knew what they were like. Life was lovely with the Woolwich- really nice people down in the Clacton call centre who were there 24 hours (unlike Barclays).

£44 to borrow £50 over a 2 week period is THEFT in anyones language, and if this were a back street loan shark the trading standards people would lock them up- Barclays do what they like with rudeness and arrogance and its time people stood up to them.

Hi Stan and welcome to CAG.

Glad to hear you eventually got this resolved.

There's been a lot said recently about Barclays new charging regime and I suspect we'll hear even more about it in the future.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

• 4 weeks later...