• Tweets

• It is an interesting Final Notice. Firstly because there is usually a reminder Notice before the final Notice. Secondly because it contains some of the wording that should be in the original PCN [aka Notice to keeper]. It could be that the necessary wording in the NTK is missing so they put it in the Reminder Notice to cover their error. If they have it hasn't worked. But the only wat we will know if you post up the back page of the Notice to keeper along with the other details asked for on Post 8 .  If they have got it wrong it means that they are unable to transfer the liability to pay the PCN from the driver to the keeper . I take it that you are the keeper and not the hirer? And do you know how long you are supposed to stay in that car park? In the past I have found Sainsbury's pretty good at cancelling PCNs for their customers. Take both PCNs in to the store and point out if you are a regular customer and that the driver spent a lot of money in their store and see if they could please do something with the ticket for you. if the manager can't help, then come back and we will give you their Head office and write to them. It is the easiest and quickest way to get the ticket cancelled. No point in appealing since that would mean they lose the chance to make any money out of you which is their whole reason for running the car park. If you cannot get Sainsbury to cancel then we rely on ECP getting things wrong so that you don't have to pay  on a technicality or technicalities. For example if the PCN does not comply with the Act and the keeper is not then liable it makes it difficult for ECP to win should it go to court as so many people are legally able to drive your car and Courts do not accept that the driver and the keeper are the same person. Which is why we do need to see the questionnaire filled in and the rest of the NTK. Also it would be helpful to get photos of the signs in the car park. Ones that can be read by us, and the sign at the entrance as well as the inside ones especially those that are worded differently. Poor signage is another defence that works well and you will  need a good defence should they decide to go to Court.
    • Thanks for answer ref address/bank. Thought it wise to double-check.   When I reply to them as per post #5, what should my reason for dispute be?   " dispute this debt because..recommended reason as advised from your thread and add the debt purchaser has yet to provide any or all of the required documentation."
    • Alternative is to access the video yourself, upload to YouTube or similar and link back here.  Video will be accessible once you input your details into Wandsworth website: https://parking.wandsworth.gov.uk/pcn  
    • Yeah only £10 so may as well just get it done. When it comes to liaising with the police and bargaining before it hopefully goes to court. How does that happen? Via email? Phone call etc
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Can I SAR Southern Water?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5674 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Had a property which was sold in 2006. We had been paying water rates, usually between £150 - 200. After the building was sold, we wrote to Southern Water and asked for a final bill. They eventually sent one for £872.53! We wrote to them asking if this was correct and they said they would check. We gave them the new address to send all correspondance to.

We had heard nothing from them since. Until today that is. A letter from Advantis Credit (have had dealings with this shower in the past - lurvely people!) saying pay or go to court. Incidentally this letter went to our accountants.

So, question is can I SAR Southern Water? I guess I would be looking for meter readings / estimated figures to try and figure out a pattern for the usage.

Thanx

hi kjd

i will save from typing the S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) letter

https://www.southernwater.co.uk/DomesticCustomers/yourAccount/requestCopyBill.asp

go to the link and enter the address you want the bills to be sent for, the address the bills need to go to and the period the bills need to cover.

in 7 to 10 working days you will recieve thecopy bills with the reading on them.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I had already sent my SAR off to S Water. Got a reply back today, with my £10 payment, saying that as the account name was a Ltd company (actually sh not have been but never got round to chaning it) SARs do not apply.

So, BigPete, if I use the link you kindly gave above, do you think they would send me copies of all the bills ever produced for the address, those issued under our name? We owned the property for approx 10 years.

Or does the Ltd bit mean that I can just write and request all our details? I just want them to give me proof of this last bill. I initially emailled them asking them to check if they had got the figures right. Their reply was just 'yes - now pay up'!

Have sent request via link above. However as this is for domestic customers have also sent by the following, which is for business customers:

https://www.southernwater.co.uk/BusinessCustomers/aboutYourBill/requestCopyBill.asp

(Just in case anyone else needs to do the same).

• 2 weeks later...

Update...

received a letter today referring to my request for copy bills (on 25th Sept). "Has there been a change of occupier"? Duh!

so sending letter back explaining full history of property and the fact that we sold it in April 2006. Plus, that they had sent us a final bill which is the one we are querying.

{Sighs}

• 3 weeks later...

Another letter today (bearing in mind I requested copy invoices a month ago) saying just that, account was closed in July 2006. The bill of £872.53 refers to period June - July 2006 - six weeks - and that it for 2702 cubic metres of water consumed during that period!!

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that a bit excessive?! I haven't had a real look on the net yet, but on one stats page it quoted about 50 or so cu mtrs per person per year. Methinks there's been an error.

So, yet again, recorded delivery letter asking for copies of all invoices to be sent asap. Also to call off Advantis Credit as the account is in dispute. Tenancious little beggars!

• 4 weeks later...

Update & result!!

Finally got it in writing from SW today that they confirm we are NOT liable for the bill, as we had sold the building 3 days prior to the date. I had to send several more letters together with proof from the Land Registry site that we had sold the property on 2nd June, with the bill starting from 5th June.

Thank you to all for your advice - and my advice to anyone with a similar problem...

Everything by Recorded Delivery (the CAG mantra!!), and don't take their bog-standard letters at face value. Keep plugging away and eventually you'll get there!

PS Never did get those copy invoices tho...