• Tweets

• Met are out of order in this new version of their PCN. They show your car arriving and leaving via the ANPR cameras. They then go on to describe this as the parking period knowing full well that since your car still has to drive to a parking space and later drive from the parking space to the exit. How this can be described as a parking period with so much driving involved is beyond me.    
    • I have a similar issue, I was caught shoplifting in M&S last fortnight (which I'm ashamed of) and I received a letter from DWF with the £125 fine and the price of the goods. I've paid the money. The police were not called, but a police letter was sent to a presumed suspect. Will this letter affect the options I choose when applying for a visa (I checked many posts and found no one who has received a similar letter). Is it all over after paying the money? I'm so anxious about it all!
    • I used to go to the Sainsbury's in the Cromwell Road London and my wife used to get PCNs there. I just spoke to a manage onsite and they were good enough to get them cancelled. If you take in the PCN , they photograph it and that is the end of it. Which is what should happen with major companies when their customers are ripped off by the rogues. Are you listening Mcdonalds and Starbucks?
    • I was caught shoplifting in M&S last fortnight (something I'm ashamed of) and I received a letter from DWF containing a fine of £125 and the price of the goods. I've paid the money. The police were not called, but a new police letter was received with a presumed suspect. Will this letter affect the options I choose when applying for a visa? Is it all over after paying the money? I'm so anxious about it all!
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Credit Solutions Ltd

cashins
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4720 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Some of my long term, (Mickey Mouse Agreement), cases seem to be gravitating to the above.

For one of them, this is the fourth DCA, another the third. Is this a trend or is it just me?

David

These gutter scrapers are known to buy unenforceable and statute barred debts for pennies and try to get some unsuspecting person to pay them, I know where I would like to send a muck spreader.

dpick

These gutter scrapers are known to buy unenforceable and statute barred debts for pennies and try to get some unsuspecting person to pay them, I know where I would like to send a muck spreader.

Still saying our client, but that don't mean a thing.

Either way, looks like these 'no chance' accounts are getting down to the bottom feeders.

David

PS Told a DCA clown a while back that they were just 'bottom feeders'...... and he didn't understand the reference! Just said "bottom feeders?" in a puzzled tone.

I know where I would like to send a muck spreader.

dpick

And I know what I'd like to put in a muck spreader.

Regards.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

• 1 month later...

What plonkers they are.

Had a call from a machine of theirs today which said: "This is a call from CSL. If you are **** ******* please press 1, if you are not please press 2."

About the dumbest call I've ever had.

Then opened the mail and suprise, they are offering me a 50% discount on an Amex balance. This is a couple of weeks after the 'boil your head in oil letter'. As the CCA is garbage, I'll pass.

Credibility doesn't come to mind.

David

I had 1st hand experience of this lot earlier this year.

They are truely uselss in every sense of the word :rolleyes:

I'll second that. I bloody hate them. Still, I saw them off on 1 Egg debt (the big one) and I'm paying them very small amounts on the other one which is only for a few hundred quid. I reckon it's about 8-1 to me.

Regards.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone had their automated phone call.

" This is Credit Solutions Ltd - if you are (name), please press 1, if you are not, please press 2"

I cannot imagine anyone, anywhere, under any circumstances, starting to press buttons on their phone, because a recorded message tells them to!!

I can only think CSL must have a contract that pays out on the volume of calls made. Otherwise you have to think, what's the point?

David

Have found this through doing a search. I've just had this today also on my answering machine! They didn't say their name though, just my name then 'if this is you press 1, if this is not you press 2'.

I wonder what debt they're chasing now....

Credit Solutions are ar*eholes. Anything that winds them up gets my vote. The people that work for them are a bunch of spineless t*ssers in my opinion and I wouldn't p on them if they were on fire.

Fred

Got one of those calls exactly the same from ge capital last night,

the payment was only 2 days late, they dont mess about do they,

never missed a payment in 5 years, and 2 days late and they are on my back,

ive added their number to my bt choose to refuse now

Edited by mak71

Got one of those calls exactly the same from ge capital last night,

the payment was only 2 days late, they dont mess about do they,

never missed a payment in 5 years, and 2 days late and they are on my back,

ive added their number to my bt shoose to refuse now

Apex Credit Management System is pure class. They try to do it, but all you get is "This is a message for Fred Bassett ....." That's it. It doesn't say who it is, what the message is, who to ring (if that's what the message is) or what number to ring (if that's what the message is).

Credit Solutions are pathetic though. I deliberately underpaid them for a few months running and heard nothing. On another account with them, they couldn't cope so they had it taken away from them so it could be passed on to one of the big boys.

Fred

• 8 months later...

After having seen NCO (RMA), off a year ago, they have now popped up again as the above.

Will drop them an official complaint, along with a copy of their letter returning the file to AMEX.

David

• 1 year later...

yep use the advanced search

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hello David,

I've had a few letters from them, they claim to be acting for Westcot (how low can you go!) who in turn are acting on behalf of Barclaycard. Why Westcot would sub it out to these idiots is beyond me. There letters are full of statements such as "we demand you pay/contact us immediately etc" otherwise.... usual threats!

My response - I set up an email account CSLIDIOTS@#####.co.uk and sent them a one liner telling them to get lost. I also added the following; "take note of my email address, it accurately reflects my opinion of your company" Nothing from them for about 6 weeks, cslcretins@ is still available if you require it!

I realise this type of response is probably not encouraged on CAG, just my particular way of dealing with threats.

I communicate regularly with CSL - they're numpties. They insist on churning out computer-generated letters without actually reading your responses - all second class mail - so don't waste a first class stamp on them.

Just keep a paper-trail and give them as little information as little. Remember, credit/consumer debt is NOT a priority debt. Tell them what you can reasonably afford and sustain, don't allow them to bully you.

Good luck!

Impecunious! :wink:

CSL are my most hated DCA to date.

I agree wholeheartedly with the "don't waste a stamp" view. They are really not worth it. I emailed them to tell them I was dealing with the original creditor (which is true, I've been paying an amount I can afford for the past year and a half) and I wasn't going to enter into any dialogue with them.

A good tip if you communicate via email is to sign up for whoreadme.com or similar (search for email notification services). On the only occasion where I spoke to them (a momentarly lapse of concentration) I told them I had sent them an email saying not to phone and I was dealing with Barclaycard.

She insisted they didn't receive it..."Oh yes you did" I replied, not only did you receive it but it was opened on three seperate occasions from two different computers and read for a total of 17 minutes!

"Oh" she said...and hung up. :lol:

Hopefully the above link is ok to post, it's a useful service (one of may similar) and I have no affliation with them at all.

Thanks for the replies.

I rather thought their letter 'acting for Westcot' rather gave the game away regarding their position in the scheme of things, you have confirmed it.

david

Yes, I too received my first letter from this bunch yesterday. They are superbly optimistic; they have given me 7 days to pay an alleged account which has been outstanding, with no payment or written acknowledgement on my part, for at least nine and a half years :) Ho Ho!

I love the use of ALL CAPS, the illegible signature with no human name, the confusion over the exact name of the department which sent the letter, and the fact they have somehow managed to get the words "Old Court House" into their address. Scary (not)!