• Tweets

• ACPOA PCN 190424.pdf   1 Date of the infringement 30/3/24   2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date] 19/4/24   [scan up BOTH SIDES as ONE PDF- follow the upload guide] please LEAVE IN LOCATION AND ALL DATES/TIMES/£'s   3 Date received 23/4/24   4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [Y/N?] No   5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? No   6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal] N   Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up Give answer here   7 Who is the parking company? APCOA   8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] Ludlow Tesco 2856   For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under. No  
    • So not entirely down to the ticket office, then. In fact you have been quite fortunate. The "Section 172" response provides the evidence the police need to prove that you were driving if they wish to prosecute you in court. In England and Wales there is a legal precedent which has determined that an unsigned s172 response does not meet the requirements of that part of the RTA. In effect, an unsigned response is equivalent to no response at all. (This precedent is not recognised in Scotland and there is a strategy to "go unsigned" to avoid conviction). When they receive an unsigned response the police are perfectly entitled to prosecute you for "Failing to provide drivers details" and they more often than not do. This offence carries six points, a hefty fine and insurance grief for up to five years. So you got lucky. The situation now is that the deadline for accepting a course is passed. Four months is the absolute maximum, with some forces cutting it back to as little as three months from the date of the offence. The police will not extend this because if you fail to complete the course before six months has elapsed, they can no longer prosecute you. They can only begin proceedings up to the corresponding date in June (i.e. if the offence was December 10th, they have until June 10th to begin proceedings). You will gain nothing by taking this to court. On the contrary you have a lot to lose. Courses are offered entirely at the discretion of the police, you have no right to one and the court has no powers to order one. Presumably you have been offered a fixed penalty of £100 and 3 points. If you are sentenced in court it will cost you at least three times that, possibly more (depending on your speed and your income). My advice: accept the fixed penalty and do it soon as there is a deadline for that as well and if you allow it to pass your matter will be taken to court anyway. Do not forget to submit your driving licence details as instructed when accepting the offer. If you fail to do so the police will have no time left to remind you (and they don't usually send reminders for this anyway) and, again, your case will end up in court.
    • put them all in one mass pdf please  read upload use the websites listed. dx
    • Hi all, I have an update: I have received the documents from the SAR, including photos. It appears that I was parked in a bay with a sign that requires a permit, however the pole that it is on does appear to be behind the barrier - see photo. Also, they documented that they DID NOT apply the PCN to my car because of safety concerns and I DID NOT receive the initial £60 PCN by post- see attached.CamScanner 05-10-2024 15.06.pdf appreciate nay feedback/ advice, current PCN fee stands at £100. CamScanner 05-10-2024 15.03.pdf CamScanner 05-10-2024 15.08.pdf CamScanner 05-10-2024 15.06.pdf
    • They said hi is this (name) I said no and they asked if he’s there tell him to contact us in regards to Sainsbury’s  I said ok bye
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Welcome Finance

Realist
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5222 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

the quoted apr at 30.27% is not equal 0.825% monthly, its more like 2.23% The figure of 0.825% is yearly 10.6%. Check what is being charged by looking at your statement and calculating what interest is actually being added, I'll bet its not 0.825% I think the figures quoted must be within 1%, someone will correct me if wrong on this point. Must be something im missing, its a large error. Moneysavingexpert has a nice calculator for this

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I would like to thank postggj for his help, well the lack of it to be honest which I really needed his help.

Anyway, I signed the agreement and sent it off and now I wait for my the outcome. Wished someone could of past comment on the agreement posted above but it never came.

Thanks all.

I think you know the answer to that last comment...

you have now signed a contract with NO IDEA of the T&Cs, and quite possibly is undated.

Despite the FOSs contention that this is a sensible thing to do, you obviously suspected otherwise, Yet you went ahead and did it.

There is PLENTY of information on here suggesting that this was a silly thing to do. So there is no point me making a fuss and telling you what you already know.

So what to do? Personally, I am of the opinion that, since this was arranged by post and with no face to face contact, distance selling regs apply. (Even discounting the fact that this is possibly dodgy in any case.)

In which case, if I were in a similar position, I would write to them, telling them that you are exercising your rights to a cooling off period and that you have changed your mind.

The reality of taking that action though, is that you may need to take things to the wire to get the PPI refunded.

I am in a similar position... refused to sign, and I am now questioning the whole agreement due to the mis-selling of PPI. Early days yet so I cannot say what the outcome will be. But I am quietly confident.

Sorry I didn't catch your thread earlier. :/

I signed because the original terms and conditions still apply and nothing has changed.

The contract I signed was a back dated contract which I signed and dated back to 2006 of which the contract term is already finished so welcome will of gained nothing by trying to get me locked into a new contract.

I have letters here explaining the process so they cannot back out and the signed contract is as far as Im concerned just for there records.

Regards

• 4 weeks later...

Called Welcome again today regarding my refund and Im told that they are looking at it today and it will be resolved by the end of the week.

The women on the phone said she is looking at 3 accounts and dont know why I had to sign 2 new agreements because the accounts have past their term plus one account has a final figure owing thats to high and wrong so whe's waiting for that to be sorted today.

So Im looking for a few grand out of them back but its a shame its at 8% and not contractual interest.

Regards

• 2 weeks later...

Received 3 cheques today for over £2600 from Welcome plus all acounts settled.

Not happy with the amounts paid out but at least they are out of my hair for good.

Regards

Edited by Realist

Update.

Welcome have now paid out and settled all accounts and they also stated that the two new agreements signed are no good. Why, because the HP and loan are in affect past the end date and a new agreement is not worth signing so the two I did sign are useless.

Welcome as stated above paid out £2600 ish but they cleared the main account of the arrears which in my mind was what was outstanding at the old rate not the revised figure.

What I mean is if I've been paying £326 a month for the last 36 months (missed about 5/6 payments) and the new contract without PPI says the figure should of been £244.00 i.e: £326 X 30 = £9780 but the new contract says it should of been £244 X 30 = £7320.

Im my mind i've over paid £2460 if Im right and thats just on one account?

So, I checked my credit file and Welcome cleared theold amounts outstanding from the loan and HP and not the revised figures.

So, if they just paid me back the PPI plus 8% what about the extra £82.00 a month I've been paying over the last 30 months?

I did call them and question the payout and they said they added up all payments made, taken that away from the revised agreement amount and any shortfall paid that out of the PPI.

Now before they did this I checked my credit file and if that was the case the amounts they cleared was higher than was stated on my credit file how?

Regards

• 1 month later...

My accounts with Welcome have all been settled before there downfall, lucky me but........

Looking at my credit file I see one account says settled but the other now says £2,195CR. Whats the CR is that credit and if so do they owe me another £2,195 or am I looking for a early christmas prezzy :) and why does this account not also say settled?

Regards

well thats it

that excess is the ppi

its just who do they pass it on to

it cant be welcome elite brokers can it

welcome say they dont exsist

its just in limbo for a while

i take it when they did the ppi refund, you got it in writing the account was closed as a full and final settlement

Yes I have letters in hand stating so but the local office did call me a few weeks ago asking why I have not paid that month.

When I told them its been settled they said ok they will contact their people and have so far not heared a thing.

The other account shows settled but this one says £2,195CR.

Just baffles me why they cannot just say settled and be done with it.

i would reccommend you getting a transaction list for both accounts. maybe they do owe you money or more likely they put all the rebate onto one account and left one still active not transferring the money over. this would be wrecking your credit rating as showing unpaid and they have just not transferred the money over.

Yes agreed but one account is showing as settled and the other is saying if Im right its £2,195CR which I think means in credit!

So instead of it showing £2,195 which is me owing them £2,195

It says £2,195CR (CR credit)

Am I right or wrong!!!

or ask for a full transaction list (statement) for both accounts as if one is in credit it would be obvious your owed money on the list. It will also show interest charged, all payments made and charges applied.