Computor wizards I need more help again

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5736 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have spent most of the day trying to get my printer to work with wirless :mad:

have an EpsonNet

tried to install on Vista get stuck with Set IP address the subnet mask :eek:

Where di I find that

Will it work with my sky wirless

Help:eek: Please:-D

Click on Start/Run and type cmd and press , the DOS Window would come up. Type ipconfig/all and you Local IP would appear on the screen, in the line IP Address and also your subnet

honey x

Hi Bona, sorry for butting in on your thread but I thought maybe the answer to my problem might be useful to you too.

I have a laptop running vista basic and a desktop with XP home. On the laptop I have managed to get Windows Media Player to access the music that I have on the desktop. However I can't get it to work the other way round. Also, on the desktop I have an icon for the laptop but when I click on it I'm told that access is denied and the server can not be found. Obviously I'm missing something but can't figure out what it mght be.

One other thing, when doing the 'share my media' thing on the laptop the desktop showed up as an unknown device. When doing the same thing on the desktop, the laptop is correctly labelled so that has me even more cnfused (easily done:grin:)

Thanks in advance for ending weeks of head scratching.

HALIFAX: 13/01/07 Sent S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) letter (marked as rec'd 16/01)

Paid in full in March 07

Bona, I got an Epson DX9400f with EpsonNet wireless box. Here's how I set it up.

I plugged the USB into the printer and the EpsonNet box.

Then I plugged the network cable from my internet router to the EpsonNet box.

After that I plugged the power cables in to the printer and the EpsonNet box and turned them on.

Next I installed the printer and scanner driver from the CD supplied.

Finally I installed the EpsonNet driver from the CD supplied.

It works great, my partners laptop can print and scan wirelessly, my PC can do the same, even though it's wired.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

couldnt cope today will have another go tomorrow evening when I get in

have trouble with my Vostra laptop battery is not charging oh Joy will have to use the inspiation with vista oh bxxxer

I give up. I used the wireless setup wizard on my desktop and save the information to my flash drive. I then plugged the drive into the laptop and selected yes to add it to the network "you have successfully added this computer to the network". I then plugged the drive back into the destop and clicked finish "you have successfully added the following to the network". Both computers are listed.

When I click on the icon for the laptop I still get the message that it is not accessabile. I know it is possible to link the two OS's, but not for me!!.

AAAARRRGGHHH.

Bona I hope you had more luck than me.

HALIFAX: 13/01/07 Sent S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) letter (marked as rec'd 16/01)

Paid in full in March 07