WESCOT using ANOTHER agency?????????

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5743 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hiya everyone, as requested i spoke to wescot and told them i could only pay £10 and if they wanted more they wud have take me to court and i would not deal with them over the phone etc.

NOW i recieved a letter from CREDIT SECURITY LTD (the old court house, high st, whitchurch, bucks 0845 122 2985) debt enforcement office saying that They have been instructed by their client WESCOT CREDIT SERVICES LTD - BARCLAYS BANKPLC???? to recover my debt. Ok who are they collecting for, wescot or barclays?

They wrote word to word bold to bold.

Dear miss XXX

We have been instructedby our client to recover the above overdue debt.

we DEMAND that the sum stated be sent direct to this office IMMEDIATELY using the payment slip below (over £20,000 coz of added interest).

You failure to comply could result in a DEBT COLLECTOR calling upon you for payment or a county court judgement being registered against you.

What should i do? ignore?

Notice "could result in" - they are just trying to put pressure on. What a ridiculous letter asking for £20,000 in one payment! Have you checked there is a valid credit agreement for this account? In the meantime, I would tell this shower that you have received no Notice of Assignment from anyone informing you that any account in your name has been passed to them for collection and until you have proof that they have the legal right to collect any payment from you no payment will be made. In other words, bog off!

I know that address- aren't they Call Serve as well?

Is that the left side of the office, or the right?

Send them the "I do not acknowledge this debt and prove you have the paper work" letter.

Don't worry Cheesecake3, other people are dealing with this shower. I sent the other side of the office a CCA request recently.

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Thames Credit -statute barred sent 13/11/08

BCW- prove debt letter- 14/08/08

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Littlewoods- no CCA letter 03/09/08- Lowells now

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Capital One/Debitas- now with Lowells

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Hiya everyone, as requested i spoke to wescot and told them i could only pay £10 and if they wanted more they wud have take me to court and i would not deal with them over the phone etc.

NOW i recieved a letter from CREDIT SECURITY LTD (the old court house, high st, whitchurch, bucks 0845 122 2985) debt enforcement office saying that They have been instructed by their client WESCOT CREDIT SERVICES LTD - BARCLAYS BANKPLC???? to recover my debt. Ok who are they collecting for, wescot or barclays?

They wrote word to word bold to bold.

Dear miss XXX

We have been instructedby our client to recover the above overdue debt.

we DEMAND that the sum stated be sent direct to this office IMMEDIATELY using the payment slip below (over £20,000 coz of added interest).

You failure to comply could result in a DEBT COLLECTOR calling upon you for payment or a county court judgement being registered against you.

What should i do? ignore?

You should reduce your £10 per month down to £1 per month just to teach the ungrateful b******s a lesson in learning to accept what they are offered :mad:

Or better still...just pay nothing at all as no debt collector will call & no court action will happen :rolleyes:

Guest forgottenone
as requested i spoke to wescot and told them i could only pay £10 and if they wanted more they wud have take me to court and i would not deal with them over the phone etc.

I presume you meant 'letter' not 'spoke' as in phone? It's always prudent, eg for your own protection to not make agreements over the phone with them, and it saves you the cost of the costly phone calls which, when in debt, you don't need ... there is no record of anything, except in writing which can be audited back to you and them. And it's next to impossible proving a phone conversation ... they will conveniently 'lose' anything if challenged for example. If you didn't and I misinterpreted where you said 'spoke' then ignore. :D