style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5723 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all. New to the forum :D

Before I ask my question, just a little info about me. I was, at one point, £20k in debt, but due to the great people at the CCCS, 4 years later, its down to just over £4k. Before I joined the CCCS I was at my wits end, the phone never stopped and the letters were pouring in. I cant thank the CCCS enough and for all of you, there is light at the end of tunnel.

Anyway, to my question. I have noticed people mentioning CCA's but the only info I can find, is to do with them being a request for a signed credit agreement or something? I take it, if the creditor cant find a signed agreement, you are not liable for the debt. Is this correct?

• 2 weeks later...

If a creditor cannot provide you with the original credit agreement within a specified time frame 12 working days i beleive, then the debt is unenforceable. I believe the 30 day section was lifted in March (this is the part that states the company is committing a criminal offence).??

I am currently CCA'ing some of my creditors. One catalogue company Great Universal has completly changed their tone with me as they have admitted they do not have an original agreement for my account, i owe them over £800 and i am about to write the letter which states as they have failed to do their statutory duty in providing me with the relevant documentation, i will not be making any further payments while this debt is in dispute blah blah blah. So we'll see.

Keep at it!