Form N244 advice please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5755 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

In relation to a PCN where the first I knew of it was when a letter (claiming they had already written 3 times) from a bailiff company arrived claiming I owed them £450.00 I submitted an 'out of time' stat declaration and had my signature witnessed by the court office.

This application was refused by some bod in Northampton and they have now sent me a form N244 saying that I can appeal the matter in the local courts before a district judge.

1. What's the best way to fill in the form in terms of the supporting information section?
  2. Should the judge 'say no' will I be saddled with costs?
  3. Do the council attend or is it just me and the judge?

Many thanks

what council is this ?

(what are the chances that they have outsourced their entire appeals process to the bailiff company concerned ? - I would find out as a judge may find that 'pursuasive').

It's Manchester City Council.

The Bailff company is Marstons. How on earth they can claim that 'two previous letters' bring the bill (without a visit from them) comes to £450.00 is beyond me!

As far as I am aware the council did not oppose the out of time stat declaration. However, it does say on the attached paperwork that they don't have to give reasons for a refusal so it may have been opposed.

I am willing to pay the initial £30 but there's no way I am paying a bailiff company £450 - this makes my blood boil!!

Part of my defence is that out youngest child has Autistic Spectrum Disorder and part of his condition is that he hides stuff all over the house, this has, in the past, included mail unfortunately. So, I'll be submitting that he may have pinched the relevant post. I can provide doumentary evidence to support this.

This is what I intend to post on the form.

Cheers

Part of my defence is that out youngest child has Autistic Spectrum Disorder and part of his condition is that he hides stuff all over the house, this has, in the past, included mail unfortunately. So, I'll be submitting that he may have pinched the relevant post. I can provide doumentary evidence to support this.

Why submit as part of your defense that your child "may" of hidden the mail and therefore you "may" have received it? (but not read it).

Surely a better defense is simply to maintain you have received no previous notification and file the out of time dec, then start again with the original fine, which you say you are happy (relatively) to pay.