Buchanon Clark & Wells ( its all take take take )

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5756 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Dear all,

Hope that somebody can help me, i have cruised through many sections listed but have not quite found what i'm looking for.Mind you in reading some of the other posts i thank my lucky stars i have not been over familiar with the knuckle dragging team at BCW. I do however still find myself fairly frustrated in my dealings with them.

It all started with innocently enough with cat and mouse demands for my ancient and very small student loan. Eventually i remembered that i needed to pay it and somehow received a letter confirming this from BCW. 'It's a fair cop' rather than 'you'll never take me alive'.

I promptly paid about £250 and was told that was it goodbye and thank you. I thought this was a little light but they know best so requested a receipt ( which never arrived ). One year later an additional demand came through for almost £1,500, i paid this by cheque and BCW promptly lost this and continued to threaten me despite being issued copy cheques. I have heard no more about this but despite twice requesting a receipt there is of course no 2 way traffic as i suspect our slate is now clean.

My question is how do i make them confirm this, they ignore my letters and have never provided me with any confirmation of any kind other than the usual dull array of threats and 'we'll send the boys round to browbeat you on your doorstep' type slights. If anyone can assist me i would be most grateful as i'm running out of ideas and want this folks to at least live up in some small way to their part of the bargain, i'm wondering how to rate BCW people skills and overall customer service but i suspect that they won't be winning any awards in either catagory in the near future.:)

Check your credit record first. If there's nothing in about it, keep monitoring every 6-12 months. That's my humble opinion.

If there is something in it, then come back here and I'm sure somebody will help.

Don't waste money on the advanced services offered by Equifax, Experian & Callcredit. Order your statutory report at £2 from each company.

Equifax & Callcredit require a copy of your passport or drivers licence and a copy of one document proving your address.

Experian require a copy of your passport or drivers licence and an original document proving your address.

The forms are available from their websites;

Equifax: https://www.econsumer.equifax.co.uk/consumer/uk/uib/images/EFX_UK/en_GB/your%20equifax%20credit%20file%2012-07.pdf

Experian: http://experian.metafaq.com/resources/experian/Downloads/standardAppFormJuly06

Callcredit: http://www.callcredit.co.uk/download/creditfileapp.pdf

I recommend using all 3. The £2 cheques need to be in your name or postal orders, 3rd party cheques are not accepted by them. Preferably don't give them your e-mail address as you will have no end of junk from them and they may only communicate with you by e-mail afterwards. - From experience.

Good luck!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:!: All the information I impart is my advice based on my experience. It does not constitute professional advice. If in doubt, always consult with a professional. :!:

:-) If you feel my post has been helpful, please click my scales. :-)

Hello and Welcome, cashgazumper.

I'll move this thread to the appropriate Forum ;)

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert