Natwest wont transfer Debit Orders

MissQtoe
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5742 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have found this site extremely helpful in the past and wondered if someone could advise me?

After long standing problems with Natwest I decided to move all accounts to another bank. This will be in 3 phases:

Phase 1: Move main account and all debit orders away from Natwest (now)

Phase 2: Move Natwest mortgage (Oct 2009)

Phase 3: Move Natwest Loan (2012)

The issue I have with Natwest stems from an internal association with my (now liquidated) ex husband. (We have been divorced for 4 years). My credit records are fantastic outside of Natwest and I can easily obtain credit with other lenders, however with the internal negative association, Natwest treats me like a pikey.:shock:

Anyway, new bank is in the process of transfering all my direct debits from Natwest, however Natwet refuses to transfer the direct debits set up for my Natwest mortgage and Natwest loan accounts to new bank. Natwest insists I have to keep my Natwest account open to service these transactions (this is an advantage premierre account costing me £ 12 per month). Natwest also indicated they are unwilling to transfer my mortgage at all due to wording on our divorce court order. Can I do anything?

(I am signed up with my mortgage until Oct 2009 with Natwest at favourable terms, plus my Natwest loan is also on favourable terms taken out before the credit crunch - so I am reluctant to transfer these accounts and incur penalites plus higher interest.)

Your thoughts will be greatly appreciated!

The Mozzie vs. Loans.co.uk / MBNA / Bank of America

in

Horsham County Court - Jan 2008

for:

Breach of Data Protection Act 1998 and Money Laundering Regulations 2003 - dont ask me I am still studying these up!

:D

Please PM any help, tipz or relevant case studies

Hi Chris,

Thank you for your reply. No, ex does not work for Natwest. He was a business client of theirs until he liquidated - he ended up owing Natwest around £250K, with CCJ's etc. The liquidation occurre post divorce. Effectively he is blacklisted within Natwest.

My divorce order is for the Natwest mortgage to remain in joint names but I am liable to pay the mortgage and the house was transferred into my sole name (i.e. I have a negative association within Natwest bank because I cant kick the ex off our mortgage). This negative association had been removed by Equifax et al from my credit files so my credit scoring is very good with other lenders.

in

for:

Breach of Data Protection Act 1998 and Money Laundering Regulations 2003 - dont ask me I am still studying these up!

I think you have an advantage gold account cos the private account would be more per month.

Not sure what more I can advise.....for now.

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

I think we have to be very careful we don't throw the baby out with the bath water by moving everything to another provider which may in the long run be more costly.

When you say they treat you like a pikey is that merely your conception or can you give any details of incidents you can refer to support your allegations. If so you might be able to establish grounds for a compliant to the regulator

Chris,

I have £ 200K equity in house, and earn £ 60K p.a. I recently requested an overdraft from Natwest (£ 500 for just 15 days) for laser eye surgery during my holidays. I made it clear to Natwest that I expect a £ 6K bonus by end July, so the amount is well covered. It would just have been convenient to have the surgery done during my holiday, which was last 2 weeks in July, rather than during work time. Natwest refused. I negotiated with my Natwest personal banker, and he referred to HO. HO refused citing negative association.

I immediately walked accross to a random high street bank (now the 'new bank') and they arranged a new account with an £1K overdraft within 48 hours. I asked myself this: If I was mugged in Soweto and rung Natwest for an emergency advance to get me back home, what could I expect from them?

(and also, I bought a new BMW 6 months ago through BMW Finance, after Natwest refused to finance a vehicle. No problems with BMW Finance, my finance was approved within seconds.)

I have been with Natwest for 8 years, and I could remain there for the rest of my life but I dont see any reason why I should be held responsible for the wrongdoing of one of their other cleints.

in

for:

is there any accounts linked to your ex other half? Were there prior to him being made bankrupt? Were you ever connected to the company of ex OH?

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

The only account linked to the ex is our joint Natwest mortgage account which has been in place for 8 years. We divorced 4 years ago, he bankrupted 3 years ago, and I have never been connected to any of his businesses or other accounts.

in

for:

Ok, I have been wrestling with what little conscience I have got left when on bank charges forums for the last couple of days and I think it is time to suggest something on the loan and mortgage issue BUT it is HIGHLY EXPERIMENTAL AND UNTESTED.

Set up a Standing order with Account number and sort code of the loan. In the Narrative put in "PR" that stands for "Part Repayment".

THIS IS AN UNTESTED METHOD so try a tester of say £1 for example.

The mortgage is slightly different. There is an account number and sort code used for mortgages ie lump sum reductions. Set up a Standing order with the mortgage account as the Reference.

BOTH METHODS ARE TOTALLY UNTESTED but may sort out the problem.

I have put the above in bold because I don't know if it will work but I suspect the first one with regards to the loan will work and the second one MAY work.

Please be aware that this is experimental and I would not suggest cancelling anything until you are certain it works.