warning halifax credit card customers!!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6523 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i have just spoken to halifax credit card section asking for a copy of my statements over the last 6 years and she told me that from next month they will be charging £5 for ever single stament requested (each month) i dont know if that is what they are planning or if she even knew what she was talking about but for anyone whos thinking about asking for their statments i would say do it now:o

As far as I'm aware, and i'm sure someone will correct me if im wrong, but under the dpa the maximum they can charge is £10.

This is probably another one of their tactics to stop people claiming their charges back.

Good Luck with your claim and keep us all posted.

yeah your proberly right they will try anything to put us all off but thats not going to happen, the women that i just spoke to told me that there is no charge at the moment for credit card statements but i think this may also be a lie! i took her name and i will give it a week and if nothing arrives i will phone back speak to a manager and give the name of the woman who gave false information!:evil:

As far as I'm aware, and i'm sure someone will correct me if im wrong, but under the Data Protection Act the maximum they can charge is £10.

This is probably another one of their tactics to stop people claiming their charges back.

Good Luck with your claim and keep us all posted.

Correct under the Data Protection Act the maximum they can charge is 10 pounds ....they do not however have to supply copy statements they can instead send you a computer print out of charges

:) Go on ... you know you want to click me :)

:lol:don't be like the banks - give a little back :lol:

:D There was a time before CAG but now CAG is here we are the empowered! :D

In progress:

Mechs and Mother (deceased) V Halifax - N1 form filed at Court 9 Aug 06

Advice & opinions of mechs, The Consumer Action Group and The Bank Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

They did the same with me. I asked for 6 yrs but got 4. When I complained and asked for other 2 yrs they said they were sending them but I received the same 4 yrs worth. Am still waiting for the other 2 yrs.

Useless they are!!!!!!!!!!

yep they are useless. when i first asked them for my statments they said there was no charge when i never received them i phoned them and i was told that there was a charge they just dont have a clue!!!