Jump to content


Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

2 Neutral

About essjaydee

  • Rank
    Basic Account Holder

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. my Mother was able to speak to someone in their bereavement department - as you mentioned above BankFodder - and they have now resolved the issue and were extremely apologetic about everything that occurred. We're still convinced that my Father's account shouldn't have been billed after the month he passed (my Mother had a list of companies that she had contacted with Vodafone ticked, whilst she can't 100% remember the conversation with them, she is almost certain she had cancelled the phone account), but even if it had been charged correctly, Vodafone told her that aft
  2. As far as I know, Vodafone were informed - my mother took care of cancelling all bills, accounts, direct debits etc that were in my father's name or were no longer needed. As I mentioned, we did check back on his bank statements, and the phone bill was paid right up until the month that he passed, so I can't see where this debt has come from. Also, the amount they are chasing for does not match his monthly bill (nor any multiples of it), so it really makes no sense. My mother is the Executor - she has been given a number to contact within Vodafone, so hopefu
  3. Hi, just wanted some advice on this situation... My father passed away earlier this year and after several months of nothing, my mother has suddenly been contacted by Ardent Credit Services on behalf of Vodafone, who are claiming that my father owed ~£40, even though (as far as we can see on his bank statements), he always paid his bill via monthly direct debit. They are starting to harass my mother - so far in the space of a few days, she has had 3 emails, 2 phone calls and a letter. What should we do? Thanks in advance for any help you can give.
  4. Thanks for that wonderful insight, but unfortunately, due to many circumstances that you have no idea of, it isn't as simple as just going and finding another job - hence me starting to work remotely with this employer some time ago. Thanks for your input though.
  5. One other questions relating to this: If they refuse to make me redundant and instead continue to leave me with extremely low hours, to try and force me to quit, is there anything I can do? Can I argue that they have made my position redundant with the lack of clients/work, and therefore it is their duty to give me redundancy? Thanks.
  6. Yes, I did think that may be the case - i.e. after working a certain way for an extended period, that in itself becomes the agreement. Thanks for your reply. I shall speak to them and see if we can work something out either for more work, or perhaps redundancy, if they are not going to try and win new clients. Thanks again!
  7. Hi everyone, Hopefully I can get some advice on what is a slightly unusual work situation. A few years ago - firstly for medical reasons, and then due to relocating to another country - my UK (England) employer allowed me to work remotely full time. Previous to this, I was hired with an annual salary to work 37.5 hours per week in their office, which I had done for several years. One of the conditions that my employer specified upon switching to remote working, was that I had to now submit a timesheet and would only be paid for the actual hours worked, which I agreed t
  8. This topic was closed on 10 March 2019. If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there. If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened. - Consumer Action Group
  9. Hi everyone, Thanks in advance for any help or advice you can give. My parents (both OAPs) have just received a PCN out of the blue for supposedly taking an illegal right turn on a town centre road. There are actually zero right turns on the street in question, so the only thing that could have happened (although they cannot remember it) is that they made a u-turn using a supermarket loading bay situated on the right of the road. There is a photograph enclosed that only shows the car driving down the street, (it could be on any street, in any town, judging by the photo!), so nat
  10. Hi guys, I spoke to a friend who has some legal knowledge and they advised that in this situation I have two options: 1) I can work something out with my employer - e.g. average my daily hours worked and ask to be paid in that amount for the public holidays. 2) Due to the fact that my current agreement is verbal, I could enforce being paid in full for the public holidays, but this may cause issue in the longer term. Does this seem accurate?! Thanks!
  11. OK, will pass that on - 7 days was last Weds though, so that is already well over the time What should be the next steps - assuming they still get no response? Thank you!
  12. OK, update time... Parents sent the letter off and have seen that the company received / signed for it. It has been over 7 days now and they've had no response... Is it time to start legal proceedings? Thanks!
  13. Hi guys - just a quick question... I am currently on a form of sick pay, that was agreed (verbally - nothing in writing) with my company a couple of months ago - backed by notes from my GP. Basically, I have agreed to work from home and am being paid for the hours I work, rather than my normal salary. My question is whether I am entitled to receive full pay (as in my salary) for bank holidays - my employer has already withheld payment for the bank holidays last month. Thanks in advance!
  14. Ps - date of first incident was late 2012, next was mid 2013, third, just a couple of weeks ago. Also, not sure what happened to the formatting / font - has all gone a bit haywire since copying and pasting from Word!
  • Create New...