• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Moorcroft Harrassment. help !! - egg CC

mjr001
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5738 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i got into financial difficulties in 2001 and after intervention by the C.A.B

they offered £20 per month to cover my Egg credit card debt.

this was passed to Moorcroft Debt collection agency of which i have been paying ever since (never missed or late with payment),

i have increased the payment voluntarily myself to £40 per month to try to reduce the debt.

i usually pay on the 1st of every month,

then on the 2nd of the month i receive a letter from Moorcroft saying they are increasing it to £45 per month(this letter was dated the 28th of the previous month,

i telephoned them a week or so later to say i could not afford the extra payment of which they have asked for to which they replied that i am already £5 in arrears and unless i pay they will hand over to there solicitors.

where do i stand, i was made redundant and am recieving £5k less than my previous job, i simply cannot afford to pay any more

pleas help Mark

Hmm Are you in £5 arrears?? They cant increase without your say so! I would say am paying £40 as agreed, full stop! Ask where the £5 arrears are from!

No court would look at the case as you have been paying! So if they continue say you are going to your solictors! Ask if they are recording calls, they should say YES.

Years ago I had a debt I was paying via a debt agency. I was paying a reasonable amt each month and every 6 months they asked for increase.

The final time they called me they told me that if I didnt then they would start to add interest.

I then re read my letters from them which stated that unless I defaulted on payments then interest would be stopped.

As soon as I called them with this info they didnt ask me for an increase!

My point being they are using unfair and hard sell tactics which are untrue. What would they say to the court - They have been paying for X amt of time, on time and have increased but we are greedy and want more!!! Nah I dont think so!

At the time I called CAB office and they said they are allowed to ask for increase as the amt I was paying was less then the loan amt however they should not add interest -

On that they did say they could take me to court but as I was already paying everything I could pay the court was very unlikely to make me pay what couldnt!

So with that in mind just say nope £40 it is and you will review if circumstances change! If they phone for increase again say circumstances havent changed apart from cost of living going up!

Then don't pay them any more. Now that they are being awkward seems a good time to request a copy of your credit agreement. If they cannot produce one after 12 days, then the account goes into dispute and you don't have to pay them at all until such times as they do produce one.

Creditors and DCAs - Letter Templates & Budget Planner

Scroll down to letter "N". Send the £1 by postal order and don't sign the letter - Print your signature. Send by recorded delivery so you have proof of posting.

Golden Rule - NEVER speak to a debt collection agency on the phone. They will only bully you. Insist that everything is in writing.

They did the same thing to my mate, so I wrote them a letter quoting the OFT guideline they were breaking and they soon ran off with their tail between their legs :lol:But Pinky has the best idea here. CCA them!

THE PRETENDER AGENDA - August 30,2008 - 2ND ROW!!! WOO-HOO!! :-)

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR A FAB NITE LEE! xx

Sunderland 011008 - THE BEST BIRTHDAY PRESSIE EVER! 'Aww, it's your birthday! Happy birthday darlin!'

02 Apr 2008, 23:55

OfficialLeeRyan wrote:

i like that!! its simple and good and gets the fans involved aswell x x x

MY SUCCESSES -

1st Credit (Lloyds TSB) admitted no CCA, reply from OFT 130608, reply from FOS 040608, adjudication stage rejected but still no contact....

My mate (Littlewoods/Moorcroft)

300608 -Long running battle,threatening court, CCA letter NO 2 and harrassment letter sent - passed back to Littlewoods early July.

070808 - Passed to Debt Managers, Acct in dispute/BOG OFF letter sent 080808...

140808 - Letter from Debt Managers passing debt back to Littlewoods - RESULT! :D

as in one of my previous posts (3 days ago) moorcroft have increased my payments from £40 to £45 per month even though i have told them i cannot afford it ( they gave some BS about not replying as soon as i recieved there letter was an admission that i could afford to pay), i actually replied to them 3 weeks after i recieved it but before the next payment was due.

i have been paying these idiots for 4 years for an existing egg card bill without ever being late on a payment or missing a payment.

the question is could i ask them for a CCA or does that only apply if i had paid nothing to date, or any idea how to get these morons off my back

Mark

so i will ask for a CCA, but do i continue to pay the £40 per month, or increase it to £45(against my better judgement) or stop paying altogether.

any help grateful

Mark

Write and tell them that due to recent increases in fuel etc etc you will have to reduce you payment by £10 for the foreseeable, send em the CCA rquest as well

Please note i have no legal training any advice i give comes from my own experience and from what i have learned on this site

Write and tell them that due to recent increases in fuel etc etc you will have to reduce you payment by £10 for the foreseeable, send em the CCA rquest as well

Excellent Idea, In fact, with the rise in price of Gas and Electric, and the increase in food, you can now only afford £10 a month.

I assure you, they will shout and bark, but they will do NOTHING about it :D

Jogs

Excellent Idea, In fact, with the rise in price of Gas and Electric, and the increase in food, you can now only afford £10 a month.

I assure you, they will shout and bark, but they will do NOTHING about it :D

Jogs

Agreed

Please note i have no legal training any advice i give comes from my own experience and from what i have learned on this site

thanks everyone, all help grateful. but could they add charges though for not paying their ficticious £45 agreement.

i will continue to pay £40.

when i ask for the CCA, if they cannot produce one what should i do then ?

stop payments or continue at £40 per month

regards Mark

Guest daewoo21

I would stop paying imediately until the agreement is produced.

Put the debt in dispute and ignor their threats.

By the way they are complete idiots, i have just had a letter asking me to write stating what my complaint is, they have lost my previous correspondence!

What the hell are Moorcroft playing at & who do they think they are to dictate how much someone should pay? :mad:

You are entitled to pay nothing at all to them as they have no power to get money off you whatsoever - only a county court does!

If that were me, i would stop payments altogether & tell them to take me to court - unless they did, there wouldnt be a darn thing they could do about it :mad:

this happened to me with robbinscum way, I once made the mistake of calling them after they put up my payments without informing me first, one of their simian mouthbreathers did his absolute best to get me to agree to the rise but I just kept repeating the phrase "You cannot increase the payment without discussing it with me" - no matter how frustrated I got I just kept saying it over and over, eventually he hung up on me :lol:

Made my usual payment that month, received a letter telling me account was in arrears cos I hadn't paid the amount they'd raised it to, rang it back and demanded a transcript for the previous call, also told the simian that I had recorded the call and would be happy to provide a transcript for them for an administration fee of £49quid. Day after received a letter saying that payments had been reduced (back to what I was paying anyway) and the account would be reviewed blah blah blah.

Then I decided it was my turn. I CCA'd them and they've come up with a single sheet bad photocopy of a credit card application, 24 days after the 12 was up. I've complained about them to the OFT under CPUT. Let's see if that makes them squirm a bit

Moral? stick up for yourself and stand up to them, give them a taste of their own medicine and they will back down

Edited by spaspeckerthedull
typo

I have to concur Mark.

Send the CCA request ASAP, but continue to make the £40 payment until the request goes into default and then stop paying until they produce a valid agreement.

Don't give them a reason to take the upper hand.

Charges and/or interest can only be applied after Default if the original agreement allows for it.

Furthermore, if Moorcroft take more than you have agreed by DD then you have the absolute right to demand a refund from your bank/bs under the DD Guarantee Scheme.

they gave some BS about not replying as soon as i received there letter was an admission that I could afford to pay

Where do they pull this cr*p from??! Even sadder, people take it as red and just pay! :shock:

Best wishes, Dave.

Edited by diskmandave

many thanks all, just paid them there next £40, see what they do now, proberly another crappy letter and more phonecalls

mark

This is how you deal with morons on the 'phone.....

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/71386-diskmandave-robinson-way-co-43.html#post1650279

:D

many thanks all, just paid them there next £40, see what they do now, proberly another crappy letter and more phonecalls

mark

They are proberbly loving you :rolleyes:

Just stop paying - simple as, they are powerless over you & can only go to a county court at the very max.

Until such time as they do - go spend your £40's on some shopping :)