I just need a hug!!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5658 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

She's in the best place. The medical staff will take good care of her.

Now do as you're told. Have yourself a nightcap and get some sleep.

If you don't, you'll be like a bit of limp rag in the morning and no use to anybody.

No arguments Dr. Rooster has spoken!;)

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey RV - I know it's difficult, but there are various different forms of strokes. My OH had a stroke at 38 but it turned out to be Bell's Palsy and he recovered within 4 weeks :)

Still going to give you the "hug" thing though ;)

Thank you Dr Rooster

I've had the night cap (but only a small one just in case I have to drive)

BO - we discussed Bells but it wouldn't normally cause total collapse (I'm a retired paramedic)

I'm going to bed.

Thank you all for your support

Life really is sh** isn't it

Hey Mate,

You look after you, the little one will need you in morning. You good lady is in the best place, your turn will come when she's back home. Do what thegood Doctor says and get some rest, I am sure that things will improve overnight.

Thinking of you, take care.

Lex

Please help us to help you. Download the CAG tool bar for free

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

Please don't rush, take time to read these:-

&

This is always worth referring to

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Hope the scan went well RP and that the prognosis is good.

It brings back the time when I came home from school to find my mum had had a stroke when my dad said he was leaving. She was 31.

But she made a full recovery.

These things are put here to test us.

We can only get stronger.

Hm, when i had my DVT and PE I found that having people who had gone through the same thing as me helped to reduce the fright that it is very natural to feel. I know all these clotting diseases are very scary, and it is very natural to feel emotiona - scared, angry, whateverl.

The truth is very many people recover from strokes to live productive, happy lives afterwards, and the effectiveness of the treatments they have now compared to five or ten years ago are fantastic. Meeting, and speeking to people who have recovered from strokes can help... especially as they know what you are going through in a way that I don't necessarily . so I would suggest having a look at Stroke Survivors Forum . Just remember, many of these people might be in an even worse way than your wife, it is hard to know how bad it is until you have had a proper diagnosis and prognosis, although in the mean time it is very scary.

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.

Well there's good news and there's bad news.

They put off doing the scan because something else happened overnight and it now looks like she may have had an MI (heart attack) so we're waiting for more test results.

She's a bit better in herself but she sure as hell isn't well.

All I've got to do now is convince the mother in law that she doesn't need to come and stay just yet;)

Thanks everyone for being so supportive. I hope I never have to do the same for you.

Sorry, RP -hadn't realised you'd posted just before me - it sounds like a bit of a roller-coaster at the moment - but your sense of humour is still in there.... I laughed at the Mother-in -law bit.......:-)

Hope the news is better later today, mate - thinking of you -

Edited by johnnymitch
more info from RP

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D

revolting peasant, let your mother in law come and help you out. It will let her feel useful, and give you the opportunity to help your wife out. That's an order:)

Well, heart attacks I know about... she is definatly in the best place, i take it they have already knocked her blood pressure right down, and given her low molecular weight heparin or aspirin? Have you asked if she is suitable for Thrombolytic therapy?

Edited by tomterm8

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

revolting peasant, let your mother in law come and help you out. It will let her feel useful, and give you the opportunity to help your wife out. That's an order:)

Well, heart attacks I know about... she is definatly in the best place, i take it they have already knocked her blood pressure right down, and given her low molecular weight heparin or aspirin? Have you asked if she is suitable for Thrombolytic therapy?

This is the strange thing. Her BP is already quite low, about 110/80 and there is no postural defecit. It's too late now for any sort of thrombolysis as to be really effective Streptokinase needs to be administered IV within about 30 minutes of the event and given that we original thought it was a CVA it's contra-indicated anyway as it will just exacerbate the bleed.

As for the mother in law - she's on the M4 as we speak!

Hi RP.

As TT8 said, she is definitely in the best place.

Regarding the heart attack, been there, got the teeshirt, decided that I didn't like it so I came back. That was six years ago and I'm still going strong.

You are really going to have to go overboard with the TLC, because a heart attack is a real frightener to go through because you just don't know what is going to happen to you. She will need lots of reassurance.

She may get snappy or moody but remember it's not you she will be popping at, it will be herself and the fates in general.

It will be a testing time for you both, but I'm sure that you will find the strength to cope with her recovery.

Regards, Rooster.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

You will soon see her in a new light. Let her be involved.... she will be your new best friend.

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

This is the strange thing. Her BP is already quite low, about 110/80 and there is no postural defecit.

i think it's more common than you might think for people with heart attacks to have normal blood pressure. I know when I had my PE's my blood pressure was nearly the same as your wife (even though i was the size of a small whale :) ) . while the medics may disagree, I think there are many different risk factors for heart attacks, and you don't always know what causes it.

If she is a thrombophiliac, say with antiphopholid syndrome or similar, she would probably not have high blood pressure anyway.

Anyway, if she is in hospital and on anticoagulants, her prognosis is improving with every hour. I admit, most of the heart attack patients I met in hospital started off looking dreadful, and a week latter were sneaking off down the cafe to pick up a bag of crisps and a cup of coffee.

That's great.

Hm, well, don't know much about that, but I'm told most cases have a complete recovery.

I've got to go now, but we're all thinking of you :)

Good luck, it sounds like they are still investigating options so i wouldn't take any diagnosis as gospel yet.

Go get a real hug from the wife RP, and give her our best. ;)

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Bloods have come back normal so we're now going down the route of viral meningitis.
Been there, done that, over 20 yrs ago, and all I can say is that I went from ICU danger list to well enough, kick her out in a matter of days! Wouldn't wish the lumbar puncture on anyone though. :mad:

Either way:

36.gif

It certainly puts some petty stuff elsewhere in perspective.

:-(

Oh God bless the NHS!

We still don't have any sort of diagnosis because when she was moved from one ward to another somebody marked the wife as having been discharged. For this reason, she hasn't been seen by a Doctor all day.

What annoys me more is nobody thought this was strange.

As for the mother in law - I thought she was here to help me so why am I cooking her dinner?:)

That's really disgraceful, RP. Cookin food for the mother in law, eh? Hope it's just chicken and chips :)