Excessive Balliff Charge For A Fine I Paid!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5763 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, I'm new to this forum and would like some guidance and help.

In Feb 2007 I receieved a parking fine in London. About 1 month later, received a letter "Notice to Owner" from the council which I stupidly ignored. In July had letter from Newlyn Balliffs requesting payment which had doubled to £250 which I paid end of August. A Few months later i received a letter form Newlyn requesting payment which I presumed I had already paid. So contacted them by phone and the guy confirmed to me, yes it was paid. Yesterday afternoon 9 months later and no contact since, they ring a leave a answerphone message stateing they will call and remove goods the following day unless I paid them £650!! Outrageous!

The £250 was paid direct to the council concerned and have bank statment to prove. If I had incurred further charges around the date of requested payment from Newlyn, surely they should inform you.

Any advice or help would be appreciated.

Many thanks.

Hello, I'm new to this forum and would like some guidance and help.

In Feb 2007 I receieved a parking fine in London. About 1 month later, received a letter "Notice to Owner" from the council which I stupidly ignored. In July had letter from Newlyn Balliffs requesting payment which had doubled to £250 which I paid end of August. A Few months later i received a letter form Newlyn requesting payment which I presumed I had already paid. So contacted them by phone and the guy confirmed to me, yes it was paid. Yesterday afternoon 9 months later and no contact since, they ring a leave a answerphone message stateing they will call and remove goods the following day unless I paid them £650!! Outrageous!

The £250 was paid direct to the council concerned and have bank statment to prove. If I had incurred further charges around the date of requested payment from Newlyn, surely they should inform you.

Any advice or help would be appreciated.

Many thanks.

I think this needs to be moved to the bailff section where you can get some sound advice mate.