County Court Claim- Bryan Carter

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5768 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

Received a county court claim from Bryan Carter on behalf of Phoenix recoveries on Wens.

Today I received a letter from Bryan Carter the will start claim procedures within 48 hours, 2 days after the court claim!

I'm sending a CPR request today to Bryan Carter, Special delivery to the the address on the claim form.

My only question do I need to contact the court, and what do I tell them?

you need to acknowledge receipt of the claim within 14 days, then you have a further 14 days to submit your defence.....

Has he put a partial claim in or for just his fees ???

Can you scan / photo the claim and post it on here (minus the personal details).....

Use Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket

Oh dear Carters Strike again,

The Donkey still hasn't learnt to stop splitting the cause of action , this initself makes the claim unlawful and contrary to the County Courts Act 1984

in the words of Homer Simpson "Dooooh"

Not to worry this clown is beatable and we will show you how to deal with him

Oh dear Carters Strike again,

The Donkey still hasn't learnt to stop splitting the cause of action , this initself makes the claim unlawful and contrary to the County Courts Act 1984

in the words of Homer Simpson "Dooooh"

Not to worry this clown is beatable and we will show you how to deal with him

And a breach of process under henderson v henderson.

It is acceptable for the N1 to be "signed" in this manner.

I can be signed by the solicitors practice name alone, doesn't have to be a real person, although in this case Mr C is indeed real. A real what I couldn't say.

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too

nice a letter AFTER action:D

erm they are supposed to send you a letter BEFORE action, nice try though

maybe they would like me to come and tell them how the civil procedure rules preaction protocols work and the procedures which they must follow etc

this is gonna be easy ,very easy;)

Hold off the acknowledgement for now, after all you have 14 days.

I suppose we should send him a CPR18 letter for good form, and sign it Your Ever Loving CAG Friends ;)

To be honest I don't even know what this debt is for, I have never had anything mail order since before 2000.

I've been at this address for 2 years and this is the 1st contact.

Another point when I apply for credit I use my full name, and the letters I've been sent just have my 1st and last name :S

quite frankly, this company are that inept that you could file a defence based upon the honestly held belief that "a week next tuesday the little green men from Mars are going to invade the earth" and i can say with some degree of certainty that Carters would discontinue

i dont think you will have any real preparing to do as its game over before he starts

acknowledge service stating an intention to defend all the claim is what i would do but as ben says, send them a part 18 request first;)

Oh yeah we mustn't forget filing reports with LCS: Legal Complaints Service home and Solicitors Regulation Authority - Protecting consumers of legal services as this is a clear abuse of process.

The more reports we file the more chance we have of finally stopping this sharp practice.

Hi, i wouldn't lose sleep over this, this "firm of solicitors" are notorious on here, i'm glad pt is helping you, everyone here wants to see carters get what they deserve

Please note i have no legal training any advice i give comes from my own experience and from what i have learned on this site

• 2 weeks later...
Hello

Still no reply to my letter sent over 7 days ago now.

What do I do now?

Looks like you need to get the acknowledgment sent off advising that will be defending the case in full (as pt2537 states above). In fact I would do that pronto as the 14 day deadline is rapidly approaching.

If you do it on the MCOL website remember to print off the form and post it in. I presume what you do on the website is supposed to actually be a way of submitting the form but it doesn't work - when I did it the first I heard some weeks later was a notice of judgment for the claimant by default. When I rang the court they said I could apply to have it set aside on payment of a fee but denied any responsibility at all for submissions on their website. Their lack of interest was matched only by their ignorance.

I really do appreciate all those 'thank you' emails - I'm glad I've been able to help. Apologies if I haven't acknowledged all of them.

You can also ding my gong if you prefer. :)

Good luck with this Prat ,jaybee.They've sent me a nasty letter claiming I owe Orange £76 which has now risen to £250 from November 2001.I have done a letter from a template off here that states the six year rule.So we'll see.

Depends how big it is,theres a limit to how big a file you can send, mine was 12 pages and would have had to go by post

Please note i have no legal training any advice i give comes from my own experience and from what i have learned on this site