Jump to content

foreveraloe

Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Content Count

    137
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

1 Neutral

About foreveraloe

  • Rank
    Basic Account Holder
  1. Thanks for all your advice. Well, I did ask the Council to confirm in writing that we had come to an agreed payment plan and they had taken the account back from the Bailiff - however this appears not to be the case! All they did was get the Bailiff to agree lower payments! I received a letter from the Council saying the Bailiff would write outlining the agreement and that I should pay the Bailiff! Not what I thought had been agreed on the telephone! I then received a letter from the Bailif outlining what I had agreed with the Council, also saying that if the arrangement was not kept
  2. ploddertom - in response to your post - I worte the letter to the Council as well as the Bailiff. I knew they would refuse the offer of payment, but I felt that after doing much research, it was better to do that and try and prevent them from taking my car! Doing nothing was not an option because of the Notice of Seizure. With regard to the charges, I have already asked them for the breakdown and their response was as outlined in my post above - they say the charges are correct. I'm trying to establish whether they are correct or not as all fees were charged on the same day, they made
  3. Further to my post above, I have an update on the situation and would appreciate advice on what I should do now. Following my conversation on Friday morning with someone from the recovery section, when I was threatened with being sent to prison, I fired off an email to my local MP, outlining my disgust at the attitude of the Council and the actions of the Bailiff. Friday afternoon I received a phone call from someone else in the recovery section of the Council who said that following my earlier conversation they were prepared to accept monthly payments of £89, to which I agreed -
  4. This is completely unbelievable! I really need some help here. Balance is £426. Obviously, fees have obviously been added on to that, but that is not my major concern at the moment. No response from the Bailiff or the Council so I called the Council. They claimed that they were only just actioning my letter dated the 22, despite it being sent by email and recorded delivery. They claimed they could not call back the account from the Bailiff, despite my arguing that they could. They to contact the Bailiff - I said I would not speak to them on the phone, I had made contact in w
  5. tomtubby - no my car is not on finance, its a v reg megane, worth in the region of £700 on a good day!!! My argument with the council for sending the account to the Bailiff was that I was unemployed and therefore in a vulnerable category at the time, so surely it should not have been sent to them in the first place!!! Well, again they wouldn't budge on that one!
  6. Thank you all for your responses. Tingy - well, I think someone has defo made a cock-up here. On looking at the Notice of Seizure again, it states the CT owing is £608. Well that cannot be correct, because at the end of last year it was £446.63!. I only started my job last December so when I contacted the Council I offered to pay them £20pm. They weren't very happy about this and in fact never responded to the follow up letter I sent. So as from January I've been paying off £20pm. This should have brought the balance down to £386.63 (once this month's payment is paid). I wasn't abl
  7. Yesterday I had a Notice of Seizure put through my door by B&S. On the attached Inventory were the details of my car! This is a long saga which basically resulted in me paying the council direct and ignoring the Bailiff (as lots of advice on here said people can do that). However, they called twice yesterday (I was ill in bed) once at 13.50 "Notification of Visit" and then again at 16.40 "Notice of Seizure". They have added fees of: Attendance levy - £42.50 Levy fee - £39.00 Redemption of Goods Fee (Head H) - £24.50 The o/s CT is £532.63 with the above fees. Now
  8. I have already done all that. They claim that T&C's is a "reconstituted agreement" that was signed at the time. It's not because the t&C's come from 2005!. It's already going to trial. They have just carreid on regardless despite my telling them all along they didn't have the required documents. The decision to pay is not mine to make.
  9. No it wasn't agreed during the negotiations. They landed that one after negotiations had taken place saying it needed to be signed in order for the hearing to be vacated. In fact, they put a time limit on when it should be returned until I told them it would not be possible to do it. Anyone with any further guidance on this would be really appreciated.
  10. Does anyone have any advice on the above post??
  11. After much deliberation, it was decided that this case should be attempted settlement. Negotiations took place and now the claimant wants the following consent order signed. I have been advised that I should post it here so more knowledgeable peeps could advise on whether this is standard practice in such cases or otherwise. This is the consent order: The claimant and the defendant (“the parties”) having agreed to settle the dispute and have agreed the terms set out in the schedule. It is ordered that; all further proceedings n this claim are stayed except fo
  12. Thanks for showing me how to do that!!! I wasn't going to post about my case here - I was just responding to a particular post that had been made that seemed very similar to mine and what had happened. Thanks anyway
×
×
  • Create New...