• Tweets

• its not a good thing or a bad thing its ongoing. mines gone the same route. these new notifications are equally meaningless.
    • Shein has been linked to unethical business practices, including forced labour allegations.View the full article
    • Hi I have to agree with @unclebulgaria67 post#3 For the funding side of moving to a new area and it being private supported accommodation I would also suggest speaking to private supported accommodation provider about funding but also contact the Local Council for that area and have a chat with them about funding because if you are in receipt of Housing Benefit certain Supported Accommodation that meets a certain criteria is treated as ‘exempt accommodation’ for Housing Benefit purposes but you need to confirm this with that relevant Council in your new area especially since it is Private Supported Accommodation as each Council can have slightly different rules on this. If you have a certain medical condition look up the charities and also have a wee chat with them as they may be able to point you to different Grants to assist with moving costs and your question about funding for private supported accommodation as well.
    • Hi Just to be clear a Notice to Quit is only the very start of the Housing Association going down the Eviction route there is a long process to go. Also to be clear if you leave at the Notice to Quit date only and go to the Council claiming you are Homeless they will more than likely class you as Intentionally Homeless therefore you have no right to be given temporary housing by the Council. The only way that works is when the Court has Granted a Possession Order then you can approach the Council as Homeless with the Court Order. As for the Housing Association issuing the Notice to Quit because there investigation has proved it's not your main residence but you have witness statement to prove otherwise. From now on with the Housing Association you need to keep a very good paper trail and ensure to get free proof of posting from the post office with anything you send to them. You now need to make a Formal Complaint to the Housing Association and please amend the following to suit your needs:   Dear Sir/Madam FORMAL COMPLAINT Reference: Notice to Quit Letter Dated XX/XX/2024, Hand Delivered on XX/XX/2024 I note in your letter that you stated that the Housing Association has carried out an investigation into myself and came to the conclusion that I am not using this property as my main residence and have evidence of this and have therefore issued a 'Notice to Quit' by XX/XX/2024. I find the above actions absolutely disgraceful action by the Housing Association. 1. Why have I never been informed nor asked about this matter by my Housing Officer. 2. Why have I never been given the opportunity to defend myself before the Housing Association out of the blue Hand Delivered a Notice to Quit Letter. 3. I have evidence and witnesses/statements that prove this is my Main Residence and more than willing provide this to both the Housing Association and the Court. I now require the following: 1. Copy of your Complaints Policy (not the leaflet) 2. Copy of your Customer Care Charter (not the leaflet) 3. Copies of your Investigation into this not being my main residence.    As well as the above you need to send the Housing Association urgently a Subject Access Request (SAR) requesting 'ALL DATA' that simple phrase covers whatever format they hold that in whether it be letters, email, recorded calls etc. The Housing Association then has 30 calendar days to respond but that time limit only starts once they acknowledge your SAR Request. If they fail to respond within that time limit its then off with a complaint to the Information Commissioners Office (ICO).     
    • Hi Sorry for the delay in getting back to you The email excuse and I do say excuse to add to your account and if court decide LL can't recoup costs will be removed is a joke. So I would Ask them: Ask them to provide you with the exact terms within your Tenancy Agreement that allows them to add these Court Fees to your Account before it has been decided in Court by a Judge. Until the above is answered you require these Court Fees to be removed from your Account (Note: I will all be down to your Tenancy Agreement so have a good look through it to see what if any fees they can add to your account in these circumstances)
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Credit Security Ltd

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5787 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have paid monthly to CSL against a Barclaycard debt for several years.

Approx £ 550 owing now.

I cca'd them - Barclaycard responded direct.

They sent a copy of the application form which is dated and contains my signature (theirs is missing).

This form has none of the prescribed terms and is partly ineligible.

Also a separate copy of conditions of use sent is not dated with no reference numbers therefore cannot be linked to the account.

I wrote back to CSL advising them the documents do not comply with my cca request and that they are in default etc (30 days also well passed).

CSl sent a letter stating I was avoiding payment and that I had admitted liability by previously paying against an agreed plan based on my income at the time.

They also said that if payments are not made they will refer back to their agents Barclaycard for court action.

They also sent back my letter (advising them of default) stating it was unsigned and asking me to sign and return.

I did not sign the letter but printed my name once under yours faithfuly.

Is this acceptable?

Can anyone advise what my next course of action should be.

thanks

stanfranks

Hi,

Do not sign anything and never talk to these people on the phone. The fact that you have paid money to them has nothing to do with anything and they know it...I personally wouldn't do anything now - They have an unenforceable agreement and they know it. This may not stop them taking you to court but if you choose to defend there is a very good chance you will win as they are likely to bottle it before it gets that far.

I would suggest that you scan the agreement and post it on here so that one of the experts on here can look over it for you and give you a little more advice.

Remember though - Do not sign anything and don't talk to them on the phone (or tell them you are recording the call if you get caught out).

Try to do everything in writing and keep all copies - Send everything recorded delivery.

Hope this is some help.

Cheers,

:)** Any opinion expressed by me is given with the best intentions - But I could be wrong so bear that in mind**:)

Missed Call Checker - http://whocallsme.com/Phone-Calls.aspx/077/m

They probably will send back to BC who will no doubt pass it on to another DCA (it's typical BC action) so you need to send firm letter along the lines of:

Dear Sirs,

Account no xxxxxxACCOUNT IN DISPUTE

Re: my request under s77/78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

I note that in response to my request made on XXX for a true copy of the original credit agreement for the above account under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (Sections 77-79) you have sent me a copy of an application for a credit card (your correspondence dated XXX) with a copy of your Terms & Conditions that has no definitive or tangible relation to the application. These documents most definitely do not comply with your obligations under The Consumer Credit Act Section 127 (SI 1983/1533 Prescribed Terms) i.e. this is not a signed executed credit agreement.

Under the terms of the above Act, a creditor has 12 working days to provide the requested documents. That deadline has now passed & I understand from your correspondence that you have no intention of supplying the requested documents. I therefore notify you that you have a further 30 days before this matter becomes a criminal offence.

As I am sure you are aware, where the creditor is unable to produce a properly executed agreement within the specified time period (or an agreement that does not contain all of the prescribed terms, and/or is not signed by the debtor), the debt is completely unenforceable.

Therefore this account remains in dispute.

I again draw your attention to the legal requirement that a creditor is not permitted to take any action against an account whilst it remains in dispute. The lack of a credit agreement is a very clear dispute and therefore the following applies:

• You must not demand any payment on this account, nor am I obliged to offer any payment to you.
  • You must not add any further interest or charges to this account.
  • You must not pass this account to any third party.
  • You must not register any information in respect of this account with any of the credit reference agencies.
  • You must not issue a default notice on this account

I hereby give you notice that if you proceed with any of the above actions, I will initiate legal action and file reports with the appropriate authorities, including, but not limited to, Trading Standards, Office of Fair Trading, Information Commissioners Office, Financial Ombudsman Service.

Furthermore please consider this letter a statutory notice under Section 10 of the Data Protection Act to cease processing any data in relation to this account with immediate effect. This means you must remove all information regarding this account from your own internal records and from my records with the credit reference agencies. Should you refuse to comply, you must within 21 days provide me with a detailed breakdown of your reasoning behind continuing to process my data. Should you fail to respond within 21 days, I will assume that you agree to remove all such data.

DO NOT sign any letters, docs. that you mail to them - use a dig. signature or print. Send everything Rec. Del.

If you read the Barclaycard forum you will see others in the same position as yourself. BC seem to take people to the court door & then drop it so be prepared....

If it is passed to another DCA just send them a copy of the above & point out that it should never have been referred to them as the account is in dispute due to BC not providing enforceable CCA.

Any knowledge I possess or advice I proffer is based solely on my experiences in the University of Life. Please make your own assessment of legality, risks & costs before taking any action.

Thanks for responses so far.

foolishgirl, I sent a letter similar to the one you advise.

That is the one they sent back saying no signature and could I sign and return.

My name was clearly printed at the bottom of the original.

Is this acceptable and should I return letter stating they have no valid reason to refuse.

I do not know if any charges have been applied to the account as it is quite old (over 10yrs).

I am not able to scan the application form sent at the moment but it is similar to others I have seen in the in the forum with no prescribed terms.

Ok, I will return my original letter (text similar to foolishgirl's post) to Credit Security Ltd by rec del.

Unsigned but still with my name printed at the bottom.

Just need to wait to see how they respond.

I will see if I can scan the application form they sent.

Letter sent rec del today.

I have included a cover note advising them they have no legal reason to refuse my request and to remind them they are in default.

I will see how they respond before considering a S.A.R.

Thanks for help so far.

Edited by stanfranks
sent twice

Letter sent rec del today - unsigned of course.

I have included a cover note advising them they have no legal reason to refuse my request and to remind them they are in default.

I will see how they respond before considering a S.A.R.

Thanks for help so far.

• 2 weeks later...

No response from CSL regarding dispute and cca default.

However I have had 3 phone calls from Robinson Way which I did not answer.

They have now sent a letter demanding payment, stating they are acting on behalf of their client Barclaycard.

The usual threats are there ie court action etc.

Will this letter be ok to send:

ACCOUNT IN DISPUTE

Account number: XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX

I am rather bemused as to why this account has been passed to yourselves, as it is in dispute with Credit Security Ltd and has been since DATE 2007.

I have not received any notice that the debt has been assigned to yourselves to prove you are legally entitled to collect.

This action is in breach of OFT collection guidelines, the Consumer Credit Act 1974 and Data Protection Act 1998.

Credit Securuty Ltd are in default of my Consumer Credit Act request, and OFT Collection Guidelines and I consider this account to be in SERIOUS DISPUTE.

As you are aware while my Consumer Credit Act request remains in default enforcement action is NOT permitted, under s127 this constitutes a complete defence at law.

Now I would respectfully suggest that this account is returned to Barclaycard for resolution of these defaults and breaches, as you cannot lawfully pursue any enforcement activities.

I note you have made a number of telephone calls to my private number which I find personally harassing.

Your actions are in violation of the Administration of Justice Act 1970 section 40 and the Personal Harassment Act 1997, as well as breaching several OFT Collection Guidelines.

If you choose to ignore my dispute and attempt enforcement, I will initiate legal action and file reports with the appropriate authorities, including, but not limited to, Trading Standards, Office of Fair Trading, Information Commissioners Office, Financial Ombudsman Service and possible court action.

I hope that this will not be necessary and an acceptable solution can be accomplished.

I would appreciate your due diligence in this matter.

I look forward to hearing from you in writing.

As CSL have clearly ignored my letters regarding their default, should I also write to Barclaycard (CSL may not have passed my letters on to them).

Can anybody help further.

Stanfranks

The original bemused letter has more punch, I ought to know I wrote it ;)

Edit as needed

ACCOUNT IN DISPUTE

Dear Sir or Madam,

Account number: XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX

I must admit that I am rather bemused as to why this account has been passed to yourselves, as it is in dispute with the **original creditor/DCA** and has been since DATE 2007.

Not only is this a breach of OFT collection guidelines, but also in breach of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 and Data Protection Act 1998

My last letter from **original creditor/DCA** was DATE and intimated that my complaint would be

resolved on **DATE**, this obviously hasn’t happened.

As **original creditor/DCA** are now in default of my Consumer Credit Act request, OFT Collection Guidelines, *Subject Access request and have also breached *s10 Data Protection Act request , I consider this account to be in SERIOUS DISPUTE.

As you are aware while my Consumer Credit Act request remains in default enforcement action is NOT permitted, under s127 this constitutes a complete defence at law.

Consequentially any legal action you pursue will be averred as both UNLAWFUL and VEXATIOUS.

Now I would respectfully suggest that this account is returned to the **original creditor/DCA** for resolution of these defaults and breaches, as **New DCA** cannot lawfully pursue any enforcement activities.

If **New DCA** chooses to ignore my dispute and attempt enforcement, I will initiate legal action and file reports with the appropriate authorities, including, but not limited to, Trading Standards, Office of Fair Trading, Information Commissioners Office, Financial Ombudsman Service and possible court action.

After taking advice, I am of the opinion that any continued pursuit is in violation of the Administration of Justice Act 1970 section 40 as well as breaching a number of the OFT Collection Guidelines

I hope that this will not be necessary and an acceptable solution can be accomplished.

I would appreciate your due diligence in this matter.

I look forward to hearing from you in writing.

Yours faithfully

*- Delete as needed

Enjoy

• Haha 1

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too

Thanks curlyben your original does have more punch.

I will amend my draft to suit.

My correspondence re: dispute and cca default has previously only been with CSL.

Is there any need at this stage to write direct to Barclaycard.

It look like both CSL and RW are acting as agents and not taken over the debt.

Thanks curlyben for your help.

I will send amended letter rec delivery tomorrow.

The cag forum provides good advice and worth the many searches to understand how to stand up to debt collectors.

So far this year:

Nat West court claim £ 5000+ no reponse to cpr - stayed

Intrum Justitia - admitted no cca - gone away

Barclaycard - ongoing with DCA's (this thread)

Next stage of debt being chased.

I sent curlybens letter to Robinson Way and they phoned 2/3 times for 2 days (did not take the calls).

A few days later I receive a letter from Meritforce acting on behalf of Lowel Portfolio - Barclaycard.

Never dealt with them before and the amount claimed is higher than the balance by CSL.

Is this the same debt passed on.

They also state a door collector will call.

So is my best option to send them a prove it letter and statement to revoke the licence to visit, or should I just ignore and see what happens next.

Are Meritforce phishing.

I have sent the revoke licence to visit letter.

However Robinson Way have replied to my letter (as per curlybens).

They are asking me to send details of the dispute.

Usual threat of action if I dont comply in 7 days

What do I do next.