mc kenzie hall just rang

mo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5643 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just thought I'd update this thread now I've spoken to NDL

Firstly I've not paid a penny towards this debt since it had a CCJ imposed on it. I tried to pay the SLC and repeatadly asked them for girobank style paying in slips that I could use to pay over the counter at a bank/post office(I didnt have a bank account at the time). They must have sent me over 20 letters with forms for direct debit / standing orders but not once did I recieve any girobank forms.

My student loan is one of the 'old' style ones i.e its pre 1998 so the rules are different. The NDL advised me to only communicate with MH in writing and if they do write to me (they have only rung thus far) to hit them with the statute barred letter. The CCJ is over 6 years old and it would need the SLC to go back to court to re-inforce it, which they probably won't do as thats why MH now have the debt. The SLC would also face questions from the judge as to why they haven't made sufficient progress in collecting payment, so theres a good chance it would go in my favour.

Just to add I haven't moved house during the 6 year period of the CCJ so the SLC knew exactly where I was and could of dragged me back before the courts at any time or executed bailiff warrants.

So its just a waiting game now to see if I get the infamous MH postcard to which I'll fire off the statute barred letter back at them Then it'll be up to MH wether they refer it back to the SLC to take further action.

Thanks to everyone who posted advice to this and sorry if I hijacked the thread I'll update if this develops ;-)

Here's the statute barred letter for MH:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html

You need letter M, amend to suit, do not sign, print your name, send recorded and keep a copy with your postal receipt.

Thanks very much babybear....almost looking forward to the old MH postcard now :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

quick update,first someone seems to have hi jacked my thread,i got a reply from m h.regarding my cca yesterday,it was included in there reply and it seems ok,i requested it on 16th july and got it yesterday,so there gonna start ringing again what shall i do?

just had very nsy womaon on phone om m h,asked if i had got cca papers she had sent,i have,she wanted me to py her in full,told her i can only pay in intalement he sys i cant nd they want all the money,i told he i havent got it,so she said have i tried to aise the money by borrowing it,i told her the cab sid not to borrow to pay off a debt,she says there only an advice place and they dont know,so now im shaking she upset me so much really nasty,what am i to do if they wont take instalements?help please

just had very nsy womaon on phone om m h,asked if i had got cca papers she had sent,i have,she wanted me to py her in full,told her i can only pay in intalement he sys i cant nd they want all the money,i told he i havent got it,so she said have i tried to aise the money by borrowing it,i told her the cab sid not to borrow to pay off a debt,she says there only an advice place and they dont know,so now im shaking she upset me so much really nasty,what am i to do if they wont take instalements?help please

Try to calm down firstly.

MH operate out of the sewer of debt collecting, they are powerless to obtain any money off you & will say whatever to scare you into paying.

Ill tell you what to do if they wont take instalments - tell em to **** off

They will soon go away after being told that a few times :rolleyes:

her last nasty comments were that she was going to send collctor round,dont know how she thinks thats gonna help

Im still waiting for MH to turn up at my home from last year - you've more chance of Lord Lucan turning up than this lot :rolleyes:

• 3 months later...

Please help us to help you. Download the CAG tool bar for free

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

Please don't rush, take time to read these:-

&

This is always worth referring to

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.