Help!!! Advice On Vt Help!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5807 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

Urgent advice needed!!!

My sister in law purchased a car on HP in May 2006 with my brother as gauarantor. The stearing pump failed on the vehicle about 12 months ago and the car has just been sat on the drive as they could not afford the replacement parts or the labour. She continued her monthly payments as per the agreement. She has now paid over half of the amount owed but is in arrears of two months on her payments.

She is now looking to voluntarily terminate (VT) the agreement under the "halves and thirds" clause.

I have three questions if anyone can help!!!!

1. Does the car have to be in sound mechanical state to VT the agreement? i.e. does she need to have pump fixed.

2. (a) Does it have to have a valid MOT to VT?

(b) If its VT without the above what would be the penalty if any?

3. If she VT's will it have a detremental affect on my brothers credit file as he is the gauarantor on the agreement?

Unfortunately she can not find the CCA as the finance company are complete cowboys. I think she has been charged well over the odds for the finance.

Any help will be greatly received. I thank you in anticipation.

regards,

Smithy.

:confused::confused:

Oh dear, I dont know anything about this. I am sure there must be someone with this knowledge around though.

From what you say, I guess the company wouldnt provide her with a copy of the agreement if she were to ask for it ?. Perhaps a call to Trading Standards for some advice ! It might be important to have the document to see what the terms and conditions are.

Would there have been any guarantee on this steering pump thing? Sorry, not much help am I :(

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

1. Does the car have to be in sound mechanical state to VT the agreement? i.e. does she need to have pump fixed.

The statutory wording says that you will not have to pay anymore providing you have taken 'reasonable' care of the goods. In the case of cars this is generally accepted to mean that the car is in fully working condition, cosmetically sound taking into account its age and mileage and in possession of a current MOT.

See answer above.

The company may still accept the return of the car but may require further monies to make good the lack of an MOT. It would certainly be worth having at least a pre-MOT inspection done if nothing else.

3. If she VT's will it have a detremental affect on my brothers credit file as he is the gauarantor on the agreement?

No.

Unfortunately she can not find the CCA as the finance company are complete cowboys. I think she has been charged well over the odds for the finance.

The finance company, whoever they are, have a duty to provide a copy of the agreement. Write in and ask for it enclosing the statuory fee of £1.

When you have received a copy please post back details of the terms of the agreement. The impression of being charged over the odds is often in the eye of the beholder and may well be average for the type of finance provided.

That sounds like a good plan smithy. :D

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi All,

Urgent advice needed!!!

My sister in law purchased a car on HP in May 2006 with my brother as gauarantor. The stearing pump failed on the vehicle about 12 months ago and the car has just been sat on the drive as they could not afford the replacement parts or the labour. She continued her monthly payments as per the agreement. She has now paid over half of the amount owed but is in arrears of two months on her payments.

She is now looking to voluntarily terminate (VT) the agreement under the "halves and thirds" clause.

Your sister in law wont be able to VT the agreement because she is in arrears. The account will need to be brought up to date.

Yes, the car has to be in a sound mechanical state and the vehicle has to be in reasonable condition for its age. This generaly means that it need to have no damage, have a valid MOT and have a full service history.

This of course depends on how old the car is.

The car you are describing above will be classed as a non runner.. Sat for 12 months, no MOT no Tax.

Yes. Some will accept 3 months, some will only take 12 months.

You will have to accept the liability for the work needed to get the car into the condition above.

No, it will show as settled with the words VOLUNTARY TERMINATION on it.

Personally unless the car is less than 3 or 4 years old i doubt very much if they will agree to it in the condition you explained above.

maybe not what you wanted to hear, but answers your questions. :-|

• Haha 1

Any and all comments made are my sole opinion. these do not in any way reflect the opinions of any other company ether associated with myself or others. :)