On benefits, so where do I stand?

SUMMERSMILE
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5792 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone, I have been impressed by your dedication and information you have provided for us all. So, can anyone tell me....I have made my claim only a few months ago, and I guess I received a standard response from HSBC stating the position of the test case etc etc. I responded with a letter outlining the fact that during the time they have taken charges from my account I was actually in receipt of income support and using the social security administration act reference have asked for my case to be dealt with now as I have been informed that they must deal with this now and not put it on hold?? I closed my account with them a few years ago as they were taking some weeks ALL my benefit in charges leaving me nothing to so much as feed my children on. Does anyone know a little more info for me to use???? xxx

Hiya SUMMERSMILE and welcome to the HSBC forum :).

The original wording of the FSA waiver allowed for cases of hardship to carry on to a conclusion however for one reason or another cases of hardship have been stayed in court alongside everyone else.

There have been some successes with complaints to the ombudsman during the period of the FSA waiver by people with genuine hardship so I would recommend that route.

pete

Under the waiver the banks have to be sympathetic towards customers who feel they are in financial difficulty, if you notify the bank you are in financial difficulty then they should send you an Income and Expenditure form which you fill in and send back, only with this information can they decide if you are in financial difficulty. To add to that if you have informed the bank of this and they havent responded within 8 weeks or have said no without looking at the facts (I&E form) then contact the FOS who will deal with them for you.

Hi ss , I think pete and big mac meant for you to lodge your complaint with the Financial Ombudsman (FOS) , not FSA.......

here's a link which should help you get started.......

our complaints procedure and how to complain

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D