bev V b/card

bev1956
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6515 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I have just sent off a claim to First Direct for £3500.I am now thinking about taking on the credit card companies.

I am just a bit concerned they could turn a bit nasty and close my account and ask me to pay my outstanding balance.Has anyone had any experience of this

June 26th 2006 Data Protection Act letter sent to FD

June 29th 2006 reply from FD.Statements are on there way.Returned chq

July 7th 2006 requested refund of £3500 from FD

I am considering trying to reclaim my late payment charges from barclaycard.Can they turn nasty and threaten to close the account and then expect you to clear the outstanding balance

Get other crads lined up (with 0% balance transfer options) and move the money. Not all will 'get nasty' (Capital One just paid out to me and haven't asked me to settle my outstanding balance), but it's always best to be prepared.

Abbey - 547.00 settled in full.

Second claim: £204 WON.

Barclaycard - 142.88 incl interest due WON BY DEFAULT as they didn't even bother entering a defence. Barclaycard paid up £184.88.

MBNA - Concluded £634.31

Capital One Concluded £148

Kinda disappointed I've no more banks to go after now...

Bev, I wouldnt worry about it too much. They could well withdraw credit facilities from your account , but almost certainly would not make an immeditae demand for repayment of the balance. Ive never heard of a c/card company dong this. It would not be in their best interests basically as they want to people to keep balances on their account so they can charge interest, if you paid it all off immediately they will make less in the long run. The card companies are interested in maximising their profits, not being spiteful (though the two sometimes overlap!). That said, if you are really concerned by it, give me it backs suggestion of getting another card ready to transfer the balance just in case is the way to go.

Hi

I have started the ball rolling by sending a letter to barclaycard requesting my last 6 years statements.

I will keep updated with the progress

July 11th 2006 data protection letter sent fo MBNA

July 11th 2006 data protection letter sent to Barclaycard

July 12th 2006 reply from FD saying they disagree with my claim

July21st 2006 LBA sent to Mr Kernigan

Aug3rd 2006 Money claim filed

Well I have received my copy statements but only 2 years worth.Apparently b/card can't give me the other 4years worth as they are on microfiche and if I still really wanted them I would have to pay £3 per statement.

It amazes me how some banks can just provide the info you require and others are just difficult.-and they cashed my cheque.

Has anyone got any ideas how I persue this further.Do I just estimate the figure for 6 years.My 2 years latepayment charges amount to £200 so on that basis can I put in a claim for £600.

Look forward to your feedback

Yes, thats what B/Card do as a stalling tactic. Your options are either to estimate as you suggest and let them disprove it, pay for the statements and then reclaim the costs, or file for DPA non compliance. Take a look round the other threads its a very common problem...

I have decided to order the statements from b/card and pay the £3 per statement .I will then add it to my claim.

I thought that if I estimated the amount it would tale longer to get b/card to refund the charges.