style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5803 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone:)

I had a visit from a Rossedales bailiff just over a month ago regarding council tax debt of just over £1000.

He pulled into my drive and I went out and spoke to him.

To cut a long story short, he issued me with a Walking order on my car.

I discussed with him about my finances (I am currently on Maternity allowance) and he assured me they would be sympathetic and allow me to pay 'whatever I could afford'

So I wrote to them including a means test form offering to pay £20 pm as this is the most I can afford.

They wrote back saying that I have to pay £40 pw.

I phoned them and had a discussion about my circumstances...explaining our situation (Mat/Allow and WFTC is my only income at the moment..my husband looks after the children we have a 14yr old Autistic child, a 10yr old and a 6 month old baby...I am self employed and only started my business a month before I found out I was pregnant...they said that because we don't claim any benefits other than Housing/council tax, we HAVE to pay £160pm, or £40pw end of discussion.

My question is, is there any way I can get them to accept a lower payment?

or can I get the council to accept the debt back?

I was paying the council off nicely until last year one of them told me to stop my standing order as the debt was clear...I took their word but it obviously wasn't as it was covering a couple of debts...I had been paying every week without fail for 6 years!!!...instead of letting me know, they passed the debt to rossendales....

Is the vehicle subject to any finance, or required for your work ?

I Wish you everything you wish yourself.

NatWest Claimed £1,639. Accepted £1,344.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Barclays 1 Claimed £1,260. Won by default. Paid in full

Barclays 2 Claimed £2,378. Won by default. Paid in full

Birmingham Midshires. Claimed £2,122. Accepted £2,075.

OK.

You need to go in person to the council and ask them to take the debt back on the strength of your payment history, and your childs needs.

Also, send this letter ASAP to Rossendales.

If they return, they will try and intimidate you, so you need to be strong.

Refuse point blank to have anything to do with them. Do not let them in your house, and do not sign anything EVER.

Vehicles and Assets Required for Your Business

NOTE: This letter can be adapted to suit your own circumstances and could be used to advise the company, in advance, that a motor vehicle is necessary both for your use personally, and is required for your business/employment. If you are self employed, it would be advisable to provide proof of self employment by enclosing maybe a business card or letter of confirmation from an accountant. This letter could also be adapted to refer to other assets necessary for your use personally in your employment/business or vocation.

To: The Bailiff Company

Date:

Dear Sirs,

Re: Account reference.

I refer to your letter/visit dated
(enter date)
informing me that your company have been instructed by
(enter local authority)
to enforce a warrant/liability order etc against me, in respect of
(a parking charge notice/council tax etc).

In your letter you state that you will be visiting/returning to my home to
(seize/auction etc my goods.)
unless full payment of
(enter amount)
is made by return.

I am aware that statutory regulations provide that certain items are exempt from seizure, and that these include:

"Such tools, books, vehicles and other items of equipment as are necessary for use personally in employment, business or vocation”.

Could you please note that I am employed as
(see note)
and that my vehicle is for my own use personally in my employment/business. As evidence of this, I am providing photocopies of
(enter details).

I can confirm that I am willing to pay this liability at a rate of
(enter amount).

For the reason stated above, if your company attempts to seize the above vehicle and/or charge me additional fees to do so, I will consider making an official complaint about your bailiff’s conduct to both the County Court and the Local Authority.

Could you please confirm safe receipt of this letter.

(ensure that you keep a copy)

Yours Faithfully.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

It wont be easy, and you have to be tough, but remember there are laws to protect us from these scumbags, its just that they dont think they have to abide by them.

Good Luck.

• Haha 1

Well I went to the council first thing this morning, and within 10 mins they had got hold of Rossendales and told them that the offer of £20 pm was acceptable:D

Result....thank you Tony;)

And don't forget, you only have to pay what is written on the magistrates liability order. Not a penny more. You can leave Rossendales high and dry on this one. Their fees will not be included on the liability order, so they are legally unenforceable.

Once the amount on the liability order is discharged that is the end of the matter.

Great result.

Please get it all in writing from the council.

Im so pleased for you.

Another bailiff bites the dust.

Well done TEAM.