Lloyds Tsb Mastercard Cca Received Cannot Read It Help Please

SHELBELLE
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5112 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks NP info much appreciated, I will try to now digest!

I'm just trying to think simply here though- in my case I had an ordinary credit card whereby the t and c's were printed on the back of the initial app form, on which a clause made it into an agreement once signed by the bank.

If kosher sounds really neat to me and don't know why all the banks didn't do it but in this case, are you saying I should have had separate and c's for another function of my card? [didn't have PPI or additional loan facilities or anything remember].

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Try this thread, http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/171037-multiple-agreements-falling-within.html it`s really interesting.

Everyone has their own thoughts about Section 18, but at the end of the day, Credit Cards ARE multiple agreements, and Solicitors can bull**** all they want, they can`t get away from the fact.

• Haha 1

If I have helped or made you laugh in any way in your hour of need, then please click my scales <<<<<<<<<< ;)

Try this thread, http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/171037-multiple-agreements-falling-within.html it`s really interesting.

Everyone has their own thoughts about Section 18, but at the end of the day, Credit Cards ARE multiple agreements, and Solicitors can bull**** all they want, they can`t get away from the fact.

Thanks again looks like I've got some serious reading to do!:)

Thanks again looks like I've got some serious reading to do!:)

No worries, we`re all here to help each other in our battle against the parrassites of the world.

Maybe you should start your own thread regarding your problem, if you haven`t already. Post a link to it here, so we can check it out.

Ciao for now!

N.P :D

If I have helped or made you laugh in any way in your hour of need, then please click my scales <<<<<<<<<< ;)

No worries, we`re all here to help each other in our battle against the parrassites of the world.

Maybe you should start your own thread regarding your problem, if you haven`t already. Post a link to it here, so we can check it out.

Ciao for now!

N.P :D

Link to my trials here!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/187852-skem-lloyds-tsb-sechari.html

Any comments most welcome peeps.:)

Hi guys

I have read all your comments with interest. So if and when I actually receive another "CCA" tehn I need to check that there are different T&C'S for each function of the account????

I have checked the so called CCA and it is dated Oct 2005. Still cannot tell if PPI included as totally illegible!!

I am looking forward to receiving all the account details and then I hope my battle will certainly begin;)

S.B.

Hi guys

I have read all your comments with interest. So if and when I actually receive another "CCA" tehn I need to check that there are different T&C'S for each function of the account????

I have checked the so called CCA and it is dated Oct 2005. Still cannot tell if PPI included as totally illegible!!

I am looking forward to receiving all the account details and then I hope my battle will certainly begin;)

S.B.

Good luck Shelbelle looks to me as if you're certainly batting with the odds on your side so far:)

[PS if you bottom out whether you had PPI or not looks like you should have a separate agreement for that too but I'm just finding out about that as well]

Skem

Thanks and you too!!!!

I do hope so, we will see what their next move is. To be honest I have a passionate hate for LTSB due to bad business relationship but that is another story!!!

Yes I now think that there is more than one angle that needs to be checked here.

NP has been very informative and has opened the flood gates!!!

Cheers

S.B.

Shelbelle,

Could you possiblly scan up your CCA?

Edit out any idenifying features first.

Hi NP

Yes give me a few minutes as I did have it on another thread. I will say though, I am sure you will not be able to read it as I cannot read the copy that has been sent.

Post back shortly.

Thanks

S.B.

NP

I will scan and upload tomorrow as my file is at work and I need the hard copy.

Would appreciate your further comments, make sure you have your magnifying glass to hand!!!! Still won't help you read it me thinks!!!

Cheers for now.

S.B.

Ok guys

Here is my "CCA".

The copy I have is as bad as this one.

Cheers

S.B.

You're right it's not very legible is it lol

From what I can decipher in the top left there is some mention of the customer's copy of t and c's being attached or some such. Have they supplied you with a copy of that?

From it's overall format it looks like there's an attempt to get all the prescribed terms there but it really is too blurred to tell for certain.

I got caught out by a clause in top left that said something like 'once signed by the bank and a card is issued this becomes an agreement' which I can't see on yours, but it isn't easy to tell!

I would at present question it on it's legibility, end of story. As it's clearly a microfiche copy, later down the line if you end up there, challenge then to confirm they have the original, and if they say they do [which has got to be highly unlikely] if you are in a litigation situation, use the appropriate CPR requests to get them to produce it.

Hi Skem

Yup pretty bad isn't it???:p

I will have another look at my copy tomorrow and see if I can determine what it says in the top left hand corner and will let you know.

No terms and conditions were attached as when I responded to them I stated thank you for your undated 1 page document!!!

I will see if mine has any reference to the signing making it an agreement, thats if I can read it!!!

I have already SAR and received a pathetic 1 page 7 transaction document so have told them it wont do and that if they do not have the documents that I have requested then confirm that and how and when they were destroyed.

Also received a further acknowledgement to say my complaint has been passed to LTSB "INSURANCE" as they invesigate the conncerns on behalf of LTSB???????????Don't quite understand that one I am afraid!!!

Quite uncanny but also received today was a letter instructing me to bring my account up to date by paying in the next 10 days otherwise I will get a default notice!!!

What are they playing at, apologies apologies that I am unhappy and then give us your money or else.

Deary me what next??

Yes will be prepared if and when it comes to litigation without a better or original CCA, thanks.

S.B.

I got caught out by a clause in top left that said something like 'once signed by the bank and a card is issued this becomes an agreement' which I can't see on yours, but it isn't easy to tell!

Putting a sentence like that on, doesn`t make it an agreement.

The Consumer Credit Act dictates what an agreement IS. If these clowns can`t draw up agreements based upon the legislation they are regulated by, then under the same Act they are unenforceable in Law.

It just means, once you sign a dodgy agreement it then becomes live, and so their problems begin.

N.P

Edited by N.P

Write and tell them that the copy they sent is illegible. If the terms of the agreement cannot be read, then it can make it unenforceable.

Consumer Credit (Cancellation Notices and Copies of Documents)

Regulations 1983 (SI 1983/1557)

2 Legibility of notices and copy documents and wording of prescribed Forms

(1) The lettering in every notice in a Form prescribed by these Regulations and in every copy of an executed agreement, security instrument or other document referred to in the Act and delivered or sent to a debtor, hirer or surety under any provision of the Act shall, apart from any signature, be easily legible and of a colour which is readily distinguishable from the .

N.P

Putting a sentence like that on, doesn`t make it an agreement.

The Consumer Credit Act dictates what an agreement IS. If these clowns can`t draw up agreements based upon the legislation they are regulated by, then under the same Act they are unenforceable in Law.

It just means, once you sign a dodgy agreement it then becomes live, and so their problems begin.

N.P

Hi NP thanks for this- I'm still trying to get to the bottom of this though. Although to my mind this clause is very clear particularly as all of the prescribed terms appear to be present and correct, so I'm a 'victim' of effective small print on the face of things, I still can't get rid of the niggling feeling that this is all a bit out of order- I mean isn't it effectively [my agreement, sorry for taking the thread off topic Shelbelle!] a pre-contractual document?

I'm trying to get to the bottom of this and have started a thread off in legal issues but don't seem to be getting anywhere. Some posters are saying 'the small print is there, you should have read it, and it's binding,' others are not so sure. I dunno :(

Here's a link, don't want to bog down Shelbelles thread:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/187905-when-does-application-form.html

Ok tried to have a read of the topleft hand corner and this is what I can just make out:~

These are the t & c's of an agreement between LTSB (THEIR ADDRESS) and you the principal cardholder.The full conditions are set out in the attached document headed LTSB credit card conditions "customer copy". In condition 19 we set out specific meanings we have given to some words of this agreement in the customer copy.

Now I would like to see the attached as it ahs never been sent!!

Any thoughts??

S.B.

Ok tried to have a read of the topleft hand corner and this is what I can just make out:~

These are the t & c's of an agreement between LTSB (THEIR ADDRESS) and you the principal cardholder.The full conditions are set out in the attached document headed LTSB credit card conditions "customer copy". In condition 19 we set out specific meanings we have given to some words of this agreement in the customer copy.

Now I would like to see the attached as it ahs never been sent!!

Any thoughts??

S.B.

That's no where near as neat as the one on mine; 'attached document' isn't as linked as saying 'overleaf' even, which is dodgy enough as it is, particularly if they haven't produced a copy of what was supposedly 'attached.'

Nope, they're at the back of the pack with this one IMHO. I would sit back and let them do the running and I reckon eventually they'll just run out of steam.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all

An update...

My Default Notice has now arrived albeit incorrect as they are in default of both my CCA and SAR requests.

They had until 18.03.09 to supply me with the correct documents and haven't bothered, so I don't think I will bother writing back to them either.

I really need to get my complaints sorted to FO, OFT, TS etc and have requested in my many other threads a little guidance or if there is a link to help with the wording on the complaint forms???

If anyone could give me a pointer I would really appreciate it.

Many thanks

S.B.

• 3 weeks later...

I have finally located the correct template letters on here today...thank you CAG!!

So Lloyds have had a non compliance letter to my SAR, and OFT and TS have had complaint letters sent to them today.

I feel very proud of myself today!!!

I will update as and when I hear anything.

S.B.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all

An update.

Further to my LBA to Lloyds regrding the incomplete SAR, I have received response from them stating that they have had the £10 fee but they now need my signaure to provide notes or documents realting to instances of manual intervention.

Now I know that they do not require this by law and they certainly won't be getting my signature, but I cannot find the letter teling them this.

Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

Also how do I commence an application to the County Court to enforce compliance?

Thanks

S.B.

Hi SHELBELLE,

Right, here`s one I used for a mate regarding Lloyds TSB in a similar situation with a SAR request.

Hope it helps.

Dear Fools

SORT CODE: xx-xx-xx

ACCOUNT NUMBER: xxxxxxxx

I am in receipt of your letter dated 31st March, informing me that you need identification and further information to continue with my request under the Data Protection Act 1998.

Please be aware that the questions raised in the form have been answered in the Subject Access Request letter that was posted Special Delivery on 20th March 2009, the very letter you replied to.

Everything I require is in that letter, and as such I’m afraid it is a total waste of my time to fill in a form which will simply serve to duplicate information you have already been given.

You also claim the required information will help you locate the files/information I require. I must say, it is not for me to help you locate your files. This silly request of yours can only be seen as a stalling tactic.

In addition to the above, I will however, confirm the personal information requested. My date of birth is xxxx xxxxxxx xxxx.

I trust this is enough for you to ascertain my identity. If it is not, I must point you towards this information for companies, found on the Information Commissioners Website, which states;

• 2. Do you have enough information to be sure of the requester’s identity?
    Often you will have no reason to doubt a person’s identity. For example, if a person with whom you have regular contact sends a letter from their known address it may be safe to assume that they are who they say they are.

As you have previously been happy to send my private financial information to the above address, for a number of years, it must be assumed that you are confident of my identity and will not need to delay any longer by requesting more proof. I must point out that by Law you are obliged to send the required information within 40 days, you have already had 30 days.

I look forward to hearing from you within the next 10 days.

Yours faithfully,

ME.

Have fun.

Regards

N.P