• Tweets

• It's a GR Yaris - Finance is with Alphera, who are part of BMW I believe. I'm sure the unit is very expensive to repair, I have even told them I would be happy with a refurbished/reconditioned unit, in trying to be reasonable as well.
    • Without seeing this envelope, document and sticker it is impossible to advise properly. However, just going on what you have told us, there are two ways you can deal with this: !. The easy way. This has the lowest risk but the guarantee of a penalty for speeding.  You can respond to the SJPN by pleading “Not Guilty” to both charges. In the “Reasons for pleading Not Guilty” box you can explain that you responded to the request for driver’s details but it was recently returned to you, seemingly not actioned. However, you are willing to plead guilty to the speeding charge providing, and only providing, the “Fail to Provide Driver's Details" (FtP) charge is dropped. You could also ask the court to consider sentencing you at the fixed penalty level (£100 and 3 points) as this prosecution seems to be the result of an administrative problem outside your control. 2. The not so easy way with higher risk. This could see you convicted of the FtP charge but has the possibility that you escape with no penalty whatsoever. You can do the same – plead not guilty to both charges. If you go down this route the speeding charge cannot succeed as they have no evidence you were driving. This comes from your response to the request for driver’s details which the police say they have not got. You can mention in the “Reasons” box that you returned the request for driver’s details as required. You will then face a trial for the FtP charge and you can produced your response together with the envelope and sticker showing it had been returned to you. The risk with this is that if your defence fails you will be fined a week and a half’s net income, pay a “Victim Surcharge” of 40% of the fine, pay prosecution costs of around £650 and have six points together with an endorsement code (MS90) which will see your insurance premiums rocket.
    • Probably very expensive to replace what car and model who is your finance with ?   Andy
    • Topic moved to Financial legal Issues forum in view of the claim form. Topic title updated Please continue to post here, Andy   .
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

How to file in court for removal of default

dbairduk
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5727 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

Natwest have offerd to refund me for more than my defualt, but still refuse to remove the default.

Does anyone have a link to a guide to filing with moneyclaim and removing a default?

All the other guides seem to miss the default part out....

Regards

D

Think that each default removal will be different, so there are no set instructions up.

Would recommend having a read of car2403 threads as they can point you in the right direction of what to do:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/search.php?searchid=1510157

Advice offered by ENRON is without prejudice and is for your judgement as to whether to take it. You should seek the assistance or hire of a solicitor or other paid professional if in doubt.

Should i serve an s.10 for the default? Or just go staright to court?

I am on holiday for 10 days from friday so would like to get the ball rolling.

the has an s.10 worked for many on here?

I think an s.10 is part of it, however in your case the s.10 would only legally justify the further process of data on yourself and the account - which wouldn't have any impact on the pre-existing default.

You'll have to outline a Particulars Of Claim to remove the default, however its removal would be justifiable under the Data Protection Act 1998 if there was any incorrect information recorded as part of the balance - ie. if it included any penalty charges etc that the bank were unwilling to substantiate.

As to the specifics of how to do it I would defer to someone more knowledgable as I havent got there yet. Maybe contact rory32 or car2403 who can point you in the right direction.

Advice offered by ENRON is without prejudice and is for your judgement as to whether to take it. You should seek the assistance or hire of a solicitor or other paid professional if in doubt.

1. The Claimant has an account XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX("the Account") with the Defendant which was opened on 12/10/2001.

2. During the period in which the Account has been operating the Defendant debited numerous charges to the Account in respect of purported breaches of contract on the part of the Claimant and also charged interest on the charges once applied. The Claimant understands that the Defendant contends that the charges were debited in accordance with the terms of the contract between itself and the Claimant.

3. A list of the charges applied is attached to these particulars of claim.

4. The Claimant contends that:

a) The charges debited to the Account are punitive in nature; are not a genuine pre-estimate of cost incurred by the Defendant; exceed any alleged actual loss to the Defendant in respect of any breaches of contract on the part of the Claimant; and are not intended to represent or related to any alleged actual loss, but instead unduly enrich the Defendant which exercises the contractual term in respect of such charges with a view to profit.

b) The contractual provision that permits the Defendant to levy such charges is unenforceable by virtue of the Unfair Contract Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations (1999), the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977 and the common law.

5. Additionally, the Defendant has entered a default notice against the Claimant’s credit reference files. The Claimant contends that:

a) The defendant, as a data controller, is processing inaccurate data and the claimant requests the court makes an order for rectification under s.14 of the Data Protection Act 1998. The defendant has disclosed the claimant's personal data to third parties through their data processors of Equifax, Experian ...etc. The processing of data includes disclosing, disseminating and otherwise making available under s.1 of the Data Protection Act. The claimant's obtained from Experian, Equifax etc states that a default marker was placed by the defendant showing that the amount outstanding was £497. Experian, Equifax etc are processing this data on behalf of the defendant by disclosing the data to third parties.

The claimant submits that this data is incorrect as owing to unlawful charges, the amount outstanding was £3 without interest being added. A default marker is placed on a credit record where it can be established that the debtor was in serious breach of the credit agreement so that it is shown that the relationship of the creditor and debtor has broken down. This is generally where arrears are accrued and the debtor has failed to meet demands for payment. The breach to which the default refers occurred substantially in respect of unlawful charges levied by the Defendant or was the result of impecuniosities caused directly by the taking by the Defendant of penalty charges which were applied unlawfully to the account. The claimant submits that the application of unlawful charges and interest relating to such charges, to the account amounted to £656. The defendant contends at the time of the default the claimant was in arrears of £24. It is thus submitted that the default marker is an inaccurate reflection of the relationship between the creditor and debtor and does not represent a serious breach of the contract. The Defendant has thus disclosed this inaccurate information , contrary to Schedule 1, Part 1, Principle 4 of the Data Protection Act 1998.

Furthermore this default was incorrectly registered as the Defendant failed to comply with the procedures for registration set out in sections 87, 88 and 89 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. This therefore denied the claimant the opportunity to remedy any alleged breach of contract. The continued processing of the claimant's data is therefore in breach of Principle 1 of Schedule 1 of the Data protection Act which requires that data shall be processed fairly and lawfully. It is submitted that the defendant's failure to comply with its statutory obligations, affording protection to consumers, demonstrates that the processing of the claimant's data is both unfair and unlawful. It should also be noted in this respect that the defendant failed to respond to a statutory request under s.78 Consumer Credit Act within the statutory time frame and has thus committed a criminal offence.

6. Accordingly the Claimant claims:

a) the return of the amounts debited in respect of charges in the sum of £494 and interest charged thereon of £162.96;

b) Court costs;

c) Interest pursuant to section 69 County Courts Act as set out on the attached list of charges or at such rate and for such periods as the court deems just.

d) An order under s.14 to rectify incorrect data

e) An order to prevent the Defendant from processing the Claimant’s data under Sections 10 and

I got this from another thread and tried to updated it and remove any parts not relevant to my case.

Does this look ok for a POC?

Looks good, though I would state s.14 Data Protection Act 1998 on 6 (d).

Thanks enron, I have another question regarding interest, I have only used the simple spreadhseet to calculate the 8%, is that the interest i should be claiming for in 6 a, or is it the interest in 6 c?

Would take the interest amount and reference out of 6(a), and put those details into 6© - as its at the courts descretion to award it to you if they find in your favour.

Let me know how you get on.

Gonna be doing something similar myself, though will be bundling in requesting judgement on an unenforceable agreement.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Cobbetts have just filed their defence :mad:

1 The dfence is filed and served without prejudice to the Defendant's case that the Particulars of Claim do not dislose reasonable grounds for bringing a claim against the defendant to recover the bank charges(and interest theron) reffered to in the Particulars of claim or any other sum(s). In the event that the claim is not properly particularised then the Defendant will apply to strike out the claim and/or for summary judgment in respect of the same.

2) The Claimant's claim relates to a credit card account number XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX

3) In the Particulars the claimant states "the Defandant debited numerous charges to the [Claimant's] Account"

4) No admissions are made as to what charges have been debited to the Claimant's bank account.

5) it is averred that the Defendant refunded the sums of £xxx and £xxx.xx on 15 April 2008 and 12 May 2008 which were refunded as a gesture of goodwill to the Claimant in respect of alleged unenforcable charges pleaded within the Claimants Claim. It is denied that the refund of such charges is an admittance on the part of the Defendant that that the alleged charges are unenforcable.

[/QUOTE]

I will try and type the rest up regarding the default later.

Any thoughts on this? or is this standard procedure from cobbetts?

ok I have got my Allocation questionnaire from the court today, and looked up on how to fill it in.

I just want to clarify some points before sending the order for directions

will these only have to be provided if judgement is passed?

Copies of any statement or other document relied upon as showing that each and every charge has been made

I dont have any statements as i was just given a small sheet with the charges on them?

• 1 month later...

ok well cobettes have submitted their AQ, but before this offered to settle again, I responded by saying only if the default was removed.

Cobettes replied saying they could not by law. I am going to hold out until the last min i think

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Just subbing to your thread and wishing you luck:grin: and good wishes.

They will hopefully realise how serious you are, when you send the cheque in for the hearing:D

They will be hoping that you get cold feet and pull out. Legal proceedings really do become like a game of chess. The continuance of the proceeding by you paying for the hearing is a bit like check mate:grin:

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW