Journey to debt freedom

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5837 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, who did you send the CCA request to and what sort of account is it e.g. credit card, loan, overdraft, hp? Is the account now with a Debt Collection Agency?

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

The CCA's i have requested are for both card and loans. The accounts are currently on arrangement i.e. nil interest except for Mint who is with Triton DCA. I have had no luck with the Co-op card or loan as they have sent me both! (typical they are the most pedantic asking for proof of every debt and refusing to zero the interest- but that is another story). However Mint, MBNA, Capital One and Barclaycard loan have not responded to my CCA requests sent 1st May.

At the moment you just wait. After the 12 working days are up the account is unenforceable until a valid copy of the agreement is produced so you can currently withhold payments if you wish. The Co-op agreements you may wish to scan and post, after removing any personal information, as they may not contain all the precribed terms that an agreement requires.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Guest forgottenone

Capone? Same here. They are the worst of the bunch so far I've found. Seem to live in a far away land, where UK laws of the land don't apply to them. Seemingly. Or, more bluntly, reliance upon you not to know your rights so try it on. No wonder people are made ill by DCA's, creditors when they are in debt.