disaplinary hearing monday 2nd june at 10am

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5813 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's called the rehabilitation of Offenders Act.

A caution is not a criminal conviction; it need to be referred to in response to any future employment questions about prior convictions. Home Office advice here

Beware, any job that requires a CRB check is normally exempt the provisions of the ROHA and a caution will show up on a CRB disclosure - for ever.

Not completely accurate.

Depends on what caution was issued, what CRB check is applied for, the nature of the employment and whether the applicant is asked either 'Do you have a criminal record?' or 'Do you have criminal convictions?'

A caution can often be viewed as a conviction and/or record as it will appear in a standard and enhanced disclosure because the police database will show it and an applicant would need to declare it, even if spent.

A basic disclosure, for instance, is unlikely to reveal a caution as it is not a conviction and the applicant can honestly answer no to either a record or conviction.

Regards

Depends on what caution was issued, what CRB check is applied for, the nature of the employment and whether the applicant is asked either 'Do you have a criminal record?' or 'Do you have criminal convictions?'

There are only two types of caution, simple and conditional. Neither gives rise to a conviction; neither results in a criminal record; both will show on a CRB check. Look here if you don't believe me. Whichever of your two questions is asked, the correct answer from the OP is "No"

A caution can often be viewed as a conviction and/or record as it will appear in a standard and enhanced disclosure because the police database will show it and an applicant would need to declare it, even if spent.
How it is viewed is entirely irrelevant. What matters is the legal definition; as the Home Office site referenced above makes quite clear, a simple caution is not a criminal conviction. The only way that a caution may need to be revealed is if the application form questions specifically ask about cautions.

A basic disclosure, for instance, is unlikely to reveal a caution as it is not a conviction and the applicant can honestly answer no to either a record or conviction.

There is no such thing as a "basic" disclosure from the CRB; there is only standard and enhanced. Try reading here for the facts. Standard Disclosures show current and spent convictions, cautions, reprimands and warnings held on the Police National Computer. Enhanced Disclosures contain the same information as the Standard Disclosure but with the addition of any relevant and proportionate information held by the local police forces.

And I doubt whether an employer like Tesco would even bother with a CRB check for front line staff and even if they did it would unlikely be anything more than a basic check which is good for the OP.

:)

Tesco is the employer that has fired the OP. The question of whether Tesco does CRB checks is totally irrelevant to this thread.

Do try and keep up.

Tesco is the employer that has fired the OP. The question of whether Tesco does CRB checks is totally irrelevant to this thread.

Do try and keep up.

Hmmm, hijacking a thread to go on one of your bizarre tirades again?:rolleyes:

The OP has worked for Tesco and it would not be beyond logic, excepting you of course, that the OP may want a similar type job.

Most employers of this nature will not even need a CRB check and most employers should only apply for a basic check in any case, where a caution is highly unlikely to show.

That is relevant to the OP and it is good news for the OP.

If she was happy at Tesco doing her job then she may be happy at Sainsbury's doing the same.

We are helping the OP during this difficult time.

Use some common sense, please.:rolleyes:

There are only two types of caution, simple and conditional. Neither gives rise to a conviction; neither results in a criminal record; both will show on a CRB check. Look here if you don't believe me. Whichever of your two questions is asked, the correct answer from the OP is "No"

There is no such thing as a "basic" disclosure from the CRB; there is only standard and enhanced. Try reading here for the facts.

Oh dear, put your foot in it again.:confused:

Whoever said a basic disclosure can only be available from a CRB check anyway?:confused:

A Basic Disclosure is available to anybody and any company in the UK via

Disclosure Scotland and, indeed, this is what service is used by most employers in the UK.

Why would a business pay for a standard disclosure when all they want to know is if anybody has a conviction and can do so for about half the price with a basic one?:confused:

Please, the majority of your posts are completely misleading and serve no purpose whatsoever to anybody.

This we both know, frequently.:rolleyes:

hello friends one and all

so many diferent comments. i get one idea from someone and then i read other things and then im all confussed again.

ive been out today giving my cv's outso hopefully wont be long before i hear something.

just wish i cud win the lotto and never have to work again, but until then i will keep looking for work.

today i threw my uniform in the bin so tesco no more in my house.

hello friends one and all

so many diferent comments. i get one idea from someone and then i read other things and then im all confussed again.

ive been out today giving my cv's outso hopefully wont be long before i hear something.

just wish i cud win the lotto and never have to work again, but until then i will keep looking for work.

today i threw my uniform in the bin so tesco no more in my house.

Good for you.

You made a mistake, you're sorry for that and now you want to get on with your life.

You have no conviction and need not declare anything unless specifically asked on an application form. Just post back on here if this arises.

You need not nominate Tesco as a reference unless, again, you are specifically asked for it. As before, just post back again if unsure.

Tesco is the past and has been put to bed.

If you want the facts, rather than personal bias and misinformation, just pm the mods who have posted previously on this thread.

Good luck.

Hi ive spent some time reading your thread and understand how you must be feeling, i helped my mum through a similar situation not so long ago. I'm glad to read that you are out looking for work and not dwelling on things that have happened as my oh says leave it on the wave behind. If your looking for work within retail, from experience i can say very few actually check a persons reference its those people who dont have a job history and havent been at home with kids etc that they think twice about. As for a crb check again very few retail places will do one unless you work with children or vunerable adults etc. The main reason a retailer will do a crb is if they want you to hold a liscence but then you can refuse to have one (too much at stake if you do hold one but thats another story). I know another leading food retailer dont do them as many of my collegues, who have very scary pasts, would not have been given a job. Stay strong and look forward to a new challenge of a new job, you never know you may find something you like more and learn a great deal from it. Good luck. xx

Thanks Very Much Barney

I Hope Your Mum Came Through The Other End Ok.

Im Now Focused Into Looking For Work So Know Knows You Might Be Right That I Will Find Someone Much Better Than What I Was Doing.

Sometimes A Change Is Best As You Get Set In Your Ways.

So Thanks Again For Your Comments Xx