Charge in retaliation HBOS now a cashcow

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5868 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

good old HBOS - I now use them to pay certain bills as they sneer at me and use their electronic notepad to say "you've reclaimed charges before".

Over the last twelve months I've incurred charges because the "system" has to be credited 24 hours before a DD is to be claimed. Apparantley it goes out at 3am on the day it's due I was told it's in my terms and conditions (, not during normal banking hours (9:00am - 5:00pm). I ensured that i electronically credited my account before 8am yesterday to meet a DD due out that day.The terms and conditions don't say pay in before three am!!! (in fact they don't say to meet a DD you have to credit the account 24 hours in advance).

It failed to go out (for £25), and the ***!$% charged me £35!

I telephoned them when I got home, checked my email for the letter and asked politely for a refund.

After 30 mins on the telephone and 10 of them whilst the operator checked the note pad, I was told quite categorically that because i had had refunds before, he could give me this one.

In the background laughing and jollity - another £35 to the staff party.

I told him in no uncertain terms, that he was being extremely prejudicial and that I was going to reclaim that, and the previous £120 worth of charges back. He said I couldn't because I'd taken the last lot as a goodwill gesture - What planet is he on!

I put the phone down, thinking maybe I'd talked to the cleaner maybe......

Halifax - paid out without getting to court - £250 WON - no intention of going, stated too costly!!

Halifax no 2 account - paid out without a fight - (by mistake, £1650 - should have been £1200 - had to pay some back)

Hi Stevesj,

Do you think that because you have claimed the charges off of them before, that they are intentionally making it more awkward do deal with them.

Started claim with Halifax on 30/04/08

Sent 1st letter for bank charges and interest

If this has been helpful then please give the Scales a click. Thanks

I can't prove it, but am sure that when they see my "history" they use it as a tool to be downright awkward.

i can see them be very petulent.:mad:

Halifax - paid out without getting to court - £250 WON - no intention of going, stated too costly!!

Halifax no 2 account - paid out without a fight - (by mistake, £1650 - should have been £1200 - had to pay some back)

• 2 weeks later...