• Tweets

• wont go near it with a barge pole as its ex gov't debt.  
    • Thanks, I've had my fill of this lot. What makes me so mad is that I had to take out student loan to get any DHSS help. And then when I tried to help myself and family they presented obstacles. Might be worth passing story to RIP off Britain?
    • there is NO exposure if you simple remove your name address/ref numbers etc from docs, over 10'000 pdf uploads are here. which then harvests IP addresses off of the people that then do so..which is why we do not allow hosting sites. read our rules and upload carefully thats exactly why we say capture as JPG, redact, then convert/merge to one mass PDF. then online sites to achieve that we list do not leave watermarks.  every once in a while we have a user like you that thinks they know better...we've been doing it since 2006 with not one security issue. thank you.
    • was at the time you ticked it  but now they've still not complied . if you read up, here , you'll see thats what everyone does,  
    • no they never allow the age related get out, erudio are masters at faking supposed 'arrears' fees which were levied before said date and thus null its write off. 1000's of threads here on them!! scammers untied that lot. i can almost guarantee they'll state it's not SB'd too re above, but just ignore them once sent. dx    
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Kensington want to evict us again !!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3389 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Right I have decided to take the money KMc have offered as I am surprised I got offered that much. Like Isaid earlier there is no way I can put a price on all that I had felt at the time and still do actually feel so because of that it will always be hard to accept anything they offer. I also have decided not to persue the court. At the end of the day the Bailiff did not knock on the door and life is full of ifs,buts and maybes. Kensington have not seen the last of me as the FOS are dealing with a complaint about them for me as well and it does have the potential to be quite big.

I need now to carry on dealing with my other creditors as each timeI try kensington take me away from it. I now need to try a bit of roll reversal and take some of the other creditors to court. As this is all new to me(its usually me being taken to court)it is going to take a some concentration.

I woud like again to thank all of you for all that you have done and I hope people will learn from my experiences. I know that i will be certainly putting my experiences to good use and hopefully now be able to offer some sort of guidance and support to others

Good luck and thankyou.

olives xxxx

olives xx

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some times you just have to cut your losses and follow other avenues I now how you feel about persueing Kensington its a pittance but will you ever get any more when you write and accept you could ask for £250

You want it in a cheque hun, it's for personal compensation for distress.

Go get the other creditors - and good luck.

You know we're all behind you.

Kind Regards

Ell-enn

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

This response is in accordance with our Customer Complaints Procedure. If you are disapointed with our decision and you wish to discuss our reponse in more detail, please do not hesitate to contact me. We welcome the oppourtunity to review the matter further before you consider referring your concerns to the Financial Ombudsman Service."

think id be hitting them a little harder too ;)

best of luck olives xxx

honey x

i know this is cheeky but

to clear all debt u owe them, as in the mortaga and the arrears. :D

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

IMHO it is only reasonable as they have put unacceptable amounts of stress and hassel on to your family since all this started and then the reposetion order for u actually paying them is stupid.

Maybe it could bee a good starting figure and then they could come to a reasonable offer from there.

My other idea is clearing the mortgage, arrears then compo on top and the compo on top being sommetin like 10k

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Yes you are correct again GM. KMC have been causing my family grief now for 2 years. It is there fault that we are in arrears because they told us we didint have PPI on a secured loan we also have with them when we in fact did have it. We found this out 18 months too late and guess what they did not want to know.

This is why i was so very surprised that they offered money. Thinking about it though. I complained to the Skipton office which is just the little people.

This complaint went to head Office cheif exec so maybe they do not know about my other complaint. So I could say something along the lines of

" I am not wiling to accept this offer as I feel that i have been let down by KMC on too many occasions now. I feel if it had not been for KMC mis advising me in the first place when I needed them the most then I would not be in this position. "

Its a start. Like I said before I am pants at letters

xx

I wouldn't put any figure in at the moment,inform them of the grief etc this has caused.Lay it on thick. Also hint of bad publicity never goes a miss.Give them an idea of what you are looking for, not figures ie sizeable amount of compensation against your arrears.

Send to head office.

Olive

Unfortunatley the courts dont award very much for distress they have offered £200 I would ask them for £1000, they will come back with £300 you go to £800 and see what happens thats what we have done in the past

Hi there, just a suggestion for your letter:

Your Reference: XXXXX

Dear Sirs,

Thank you for your letter of XXdateXX in response to my complaint of XXdateXXX.

While we appreciate your prompt response and offer of compensation, we do feel you have perhaps underestimated the distress the incident in question caused our family. To be told that you have less than an hour to move out of your home when you have the welfare of two medically dependant children to consider can, I'm sure, only be imagined by yourselves.

Following the event Mrs Olive was so distressed that for some days after could not sleep and had to consult the family doctor who was horrified to hear of the situation. The children also suffered as a result of the anxiety and stress experienced by Mrs Olive at the time of the telephone call. This has left them unsettled, requiring considerable emotional support and further exacerbating their medical conditions.

The stress caused to Mr Olive, who has only this year recovered from (illness - state what it was), and who had to leave his job and make a 2 hour journey home, not knowing whether he had a home to come back to, was indescribable.

We note your request that you be given the oppportunity to review the matter further before we consider referral to the Financial Ombudsman Service and therefore we trust you will now be able to review your offer to reflect more accurately the level of distress our family endured. Having taken advice we believe the sum of £2,000 would be more appropriate.

I look forward to hearing from you,

Yours sincerely,

XXXX

Howzat?

Ellx

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Great letter Ellen.

Not for a minute to dilute or trivialise the actual effects of what happened on all of The Olives but perhaps you should emphasise the actual effects of the sudden unexpected stress on ALL the members of your family including your children (if I remember correctly they were present at the time you took the call?). It is not an exageration to suggest that in vunerable people that level of shock and sudden onset stress can have devistating effect (even fatal in people with underlying conditions). Also the long term effects can be very serious and some form of post traumatic stress is enevitable in situations like these (nightmares, sudden recall of the events, feelings of anxiety and insecurity, worrying that is going to happen again etc etc) all of which can last a very long time and require counselling etc.

I really think they should be left under any illusion the devestating effect this has had (and is having) on your family. I can only go by what I think it would have felt like and the word unimmaginable springs to mind.

This was TOTALLY avoidable and the responsibility is theirs and theirs alone. Make them pay.

Good Luck/!:)

Hi Olive family Hope ur well i have been reading this post like it was an episode of a soap!

I hope you get it sorted and your complaint is settled and the arrears a clear im praying for guys that you will be successful keep smiling :)

ok maybe i was a bit high for how much they should give u in compo but i think it was a good starting figure.

u could always come down to the arrears plus a bit more