Newbie help please

papadak
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5867 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

DONT PANIC! In November 2006 almost all the banks changed their Terms and Conditions. Why do you think that was? Of course the latest terms and conditions will stand up to the test of penalties, that was why they were amended (otherwise why did they bother changing them? The next stage of the "Test Case" will be more telling when the Judge delivers his findings on the Historic T&Cs. Also if they are not a charge for a service and they are not a penalty for breach of contract they must be Liquidated Damages which can not exceed the actual cost or remuneration involved with dealing with such. The answer to all of this if the OFT have the balls to demand it is that all banks disclose exactly how much it costs them to administer these so called "default charges" we can then make an informed decision as to whether or not we are going to bank with them based on transparency of pricing. IT IS THAT SIMPLE.

interesting ... thanks for your reply! ... Do you have experience of reclaiming Biz charges. I do not but will be sending my claim into Barclays business shortly. I have over 5k's worth of penalty fees to claim back from my biz acct. Just wondered if i'd missed the boat in terms of timing and then I read the link over the weekend. Also if there a special kind of template to send in for biz accounts?:idea: