• Tweets

• it a voluntary arrangement, you cant simply stop paying and IGNORE everyone. block and bounce all their email addresses. do not reply! there nothing really legal they can do at all. sorry but you've been had blind from day one. its a real shame you didnt come here when the debts started going legal, you wouldn't have CCJ's at all as i bet all your debts are Credit cards loans etc - all simple consumer credit. and i bet you've not had any bailiffs but powerless DCA claiming to be a bailiff (as they do!) . a bailiff is sent by a court not a DCA. incidentally, even if they were court sent bailiffs,  there not right of forced entry on CCJ debts anyway.... see if you meet the DRO criteria if not just ignore them and stop paying. you can deal with your creditors directly with help from us not thru a IVA.
    • No need to post photos and no need to add names of people you have had dealings with. Just provide a short summary of what problem you are facing and a chronological list of what has happened until now. 
    • If that is the first final notice you have received you can probably expect two or thee more to follow. This to test your resolve. They are hoping that these frightening 😃 letters will scare you into paying. After the third or fourth final demand they then have to decide  whether to actually proceed with a court claim or forget about you for a while. You were not the driver, their PCN is non compliant .No biggy.Slam dunk win for you.
    • This journo thinks Trump wants a Mafia state. I wonder if his supporters really want him to be immune if he orders a political assassination? The surest sign yet that Donald Trump wants to run the US like the mafia INEWS.CO.UK The Trumps want to make sure nothing like the rule of law stops them  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Jinxa v RBoS

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6359 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I've been reading through the web and the FAQ and feel I've got a fairly good grip on what I need to do but have 1 question which I can't seem to find the answer to

As RBoS is a Scottish Bank can I issue a small claim through the English system or do I have to issue it in Scotland which has a very different system and low levels?

Looking at other threads it would seem so but can anyone give me a definative answer

Thanks

Jinxa

Jinxa,

2 questions:

1. Where do you live?

2. Which Branch is your account lodged?

I ask this because if the answer to either of those is in England then begin your action with your Branch and then continue with MCOL in England if you get that far!

Good Luck:grin:

• Confused 1

Big Col:p

RBS LBA 20/06/06. WON - 21/10/06

MBNA(1)-Start-20/06/06, Claim-£250, 15/8 - Winner!!

MBNA Virgin(2)-Start-20/06/06, Claim £100, 15/8 - Winner!!

BoS MCard Data Protection Act Sent 20/06/06 - WON 16/10/06

Green On!

If the post/advice helps, pse click on the scales!! :cool:

The other thing to remember is that if you live close to your Branch you can hand deliver the letters (until you get escalated to Head Office - just about the LBA time) but make sure you get a receipt. They WILL abuse all of your timescales and ask for extra time, but they are just flannelling and actually costing themselves extra money; for most of us, the amount we are claiming would clear our overdrafts or bring us back into some semblnce of financial order and therefore not get charged any more anyway!! Ooooh it makes I seeth. Especially when you consider how much it must cost the Bank to employ Cobbetts in Manchester to print off the standard letters that everyone seems to get before they roll over anyway!! Doh, how stupid can they really be???:p [Rant over!!]

The other thing to do is get the Branch's fax number and an email address if you can. The majority of other addresses and personalities are on the forum too!

Bon Chance!:lol:

Big Col:p

RBS LBA 20/06/06. WON - 21/10/06

MBNA(1)-Start-20/06/06, Claim-£250, 15/8 - Winner!!

MBNA Virgin(2)-Start-20/06/06, Claim £100, 15/8 - Winner!!

BoS MCard Data Protection Act Sent 20/06/06 - WON 16/10/06

Green On!

If the post/advice helps, pse click on the scales!! :cool:

Well, they've got the letter and interestingly enough I got a letter from them today entitled 'PAid Referral Charge' with a note of their charges and it was dated the same day they would have got my letter

Is this significant - not sure but we'll see or if anyone can comment it would be welcome

Thanks

• 1 month later...

We'll they made it - got 2 massive enevelopes of statements back bang on the day the reminder popped up in my Calander to hit them with a default, so I've just spend the afternoon going through the statements and they owe me a wopping 4K in charges.

The stupid thing is if they'd not hit me with these, whilst I would have gone overdrawn I wouldn't be in half the mess I got into

My August bank statement is due in a couple of days so I'll wait for that and then hit them with the next letter

Keep the posts up, reading through them helps me a heck of a lot

Once I've got the RBS out of the way, then I'll start on the rest of the bunch

Cheers

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

I worked out that they owed me just over £4K.

Wrote to them and got aletter back bang on the deadline say cahrges fair, resaonable and offering me £575 as a good will gesture but got to sign my life away to get it. No chance!!,

OK off to check the library and see what's next

Ok,

One thing I can't work out from the FAQs is what do i do about ongoing charges.

My claim is up to the end of August but they've hit me with charges again in Septemeber - now what - do I add this to the August claim or laeve it as a seaparate matter and hit them again for a second time around if that all amkes sense

Advice greatfully received

Thanks

Ok,

I've been through the templates and am sending them a hybred letter part the rejection of offer template but modified with a bit from the orignal letter giving them 14 days to reply so not a notice before action.

How long do I keep this up - I mean if they esend me a new offer every two weeks (say increasing it by £200 a time) how long can they keep this going and when is it resaonable for me to say enough and hit them with the letter before action?

I do appareciate the feedback and advice

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Folks

Just to bring you up to date - I had a letter dated 12th October upping tyheir offer to £2500 (big improvement on £575) but far short of the £4K I reckon they owe me - the letter alos said our charges are fair and will apply in full in the future

I've only just replied as I wanted to bring the charges up to date (they now stand at £4264.13)

I think a Notice bfore action is the next one - but all advice welcomed

To be honest, I think you are wasting time. If you had sent an LBA at the start of October, I think you may have been settled by now. If I were you, I would just hit them with it (the LBA, that is) and stress that you have made every reasonable effort to settle without litigation. Set them a deadline of (at most) a week and even phone them the morning before you file. I think this would probably be your best course of action, but at the end of the day, it's your call.

j

• Confused 1

1/9/06 RBS claim #1

8/11/06 - claim settled

17/11 claim #2 started - incl creditcard

30/11 - CC statements received

31/11 - Prelims issued - RBS paying up, only M/C to go)

If any of my advice/ info has been helpful, please click the scales:D

Please also remember that any advice is given from my own experience and in good faith as a lay person. If in doubt, please contact a qualified professional:)

I'm inclined to agree, RBS do seem to be unwilling to go to court and don't seem keen on getting involved in a slugging match. I was offered full settlement after I sent off my LBA. No more toying with them, send them the LBA!!!!

I'm not sure I've got this correct or not, but it seems like you are giving them 14 days to respond after each rejection letter? The 14 days should be from your first letter and any rejection letter you send should have a deadline of however many days are left of that deadline not another 14 (hope that made sense) otherwise you will be hanging round forever and Christmas is only round the corner lol.

• Confused 1

If my post has been useful, tip my scales and let me know

Always start with the User guide!

Stuck with RBS charges? Click here!!

RBS CA1 £2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 £503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC £498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard £705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!

Ah, my mistake I thought you had to allow 14 days every time.

I've sent the letter now special delivery to my branch giving them 14 days again (must stop doing that, so when they come back I'll go straight to an LBA which I've not done yet.

Just to be clear should I give them another 14 days with the LBA or stick to the 14 days for the letter I've just sent.

Redaing the other threads I see that Tommy McLean in Customer relations at RBS in Edinburgh seems to write a few of these letters. General question plaese - I live in England and my branch is in England. If I write direct to him in Edinburgh does this then switch jusrestriction to them - at the moment I'm writing via my branch in Maidstone

Thanks for the advice it's much welcome

Just to be clear should I give them another 14 days with the LBA or stick to the 14 days for the letter I've just sent.

Now you've given the 14 days notice, you will have to stick to it. If by the end of those 14 days you have not had a satisfactory offer, send an LBA with a further 14 days notice rejecting any partial offers along the way. Once those 28 days are up, if you haven't had a satisfactory offer, issue court proceedings.

Redaing the other threads I see that Tommy McLean in Customer relations at RBS in Edinburgh seems to write a few of these letters. General question plaese - I live in England and my branch is in England. If I write direct to him in Edinburgh does this then switch jusrestriction to them - at the moment I'm writing via my branch in Maidstone

Tommy also dealt with mine - write to whoever sends you the letter. If you mean which court deals with it (is that what you mean?), it's where you live not who deals with it....

If my post has been useful, tip my scales and let me know

Always start with the User guide!

Stuck with RBS charges? Click here!!

RBS CA1 £2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 £503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC £498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard £705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!

• 4 weeks later...

CHRISTMAS HAS COME EARLY

All the charges have been refunded in full - about 4.2K - good old Tommy McLean - in full and final settlement of my claim!!

But, as this only ran until 22nd Septe and they've hit me with more charges in October - I'm going after those next so watch this space.

The one thing I simply don't understand is the logic of hitting me with a £38 charge to bounce a £14 direct debit.

I know I should have the money to cover these DDs first but I'm out of work at the moment so am struggling to pay even the most basic bills at the moment hey ho

Thanks for all teh help guys and gals