H.O.L Test case appeal. Judgement Declared. ***See Announcements***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5048 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...
(bear in mind all of the T&Cs were changed in November 2007 making them more likely to be deemed enforcable).

Penalties aside, that historic/current T&C bumpf doesn't have anything to do with UTCCR does it? Apart from Barclay's new Personal Reserve bull, I hoped I could start issuing claims like confetti again? if need be.

I was at a pedestrian crossing today and bumped into two Natwest employees, so took the opportunity to point out today's events with a smug look on my boat race. They surprised me with one of their replies....' Fantastic, Halifax owe me big time!!' I then had to explain the situation to them (as I understand it) :rolleyes::D

I hope you're right about Barclays, althought even if it weren't what customer would want to stay trapped into that 'service'. And as someone else said, who would be brave enough to start charging mandatory fees to run a current account in this climate. I think of the ones that do, most have a free version?. Ahhh...free banking!!. ;)

Oh gawd, that woman. She managed to say nothing and stretch it out into a yawn fest. I was waiting for the presenter to shut her up but she owned him.

I wait for the day proffessionalism goes out of the window and someone screams the facts at the b***h, and watch/listen to the slimey shyte as she tries to dismiss the truth like only a politician can, in vain. :mad:

I'd also love to give her a slap.

Hi Guys,

Sorry to ask again but do we know yet if the Royal Bank of Scotland plc (NatWest owners) are appealing the judgment of Mr. Justice Andrew Smith in that the 2001 term could be penal? It's been a while since the judgement came through and it seems to have gone quiet on this.

TheyrCriminals

I have been hoping for an answer to this. They only had 28 days to appeal and since we've heard nothing, I reckon not. I've called, but the RCoJ do not answer the phone (Court of appeal directors office did and said 28 days for appeal, but didn't know if they had). Assuming I rang the correct court.

Since the limitation clock is ticking, do they really give a damn? Maybe the banks are still pinching themselves that they never got tanned on penalties! (How did they manage that again?) I'd hope Natwest customers could go back further than 6 years because of the deceit citing penalty.

Just a thought, but as the waiver works both ways, you could use this to your advantage and claim unfair financial hardship as a result of staying your case/claim and ask the Court to consider lifting it in your instance. As the Bank has failed to comply with the waiver, it surely can't seek to rely on it in Court should it go there and be highlighted?

Car, I haven't read all the posts, so maybe I'm missing something. I only got D's in my GCSE's lol so forgive me if I appear stupid but, just how is the waiver working both ways? Just based on hardship? (which the slimey banks do not really honour).I skim read these posts and waiver and both ways stuck out!

I have just been charged 70.00? charges all in one go my husband lost his job we are pennyless cant even afford to eat i just rang the halifx told them this and there not even bothered that cud of been a weeks shopping .how dare they still do this... if i have already claimed back charges in the past can you still do it or not? i really needed this money..i cant even afford to take them to court if it got that far? please advise

Follow Locutus' advice.

I'm afraid you won't get any sympathy from the faceless banks, they are pathetic. Even bankers don't buy into there advertisments. LOL, Natwest would appear to be a good instituion if we listened to the bowlarks.

Stick with us instead, because we have standards!

The £70 is theft, but it's complicated to explain! (And CAG may see to my choice of word, it matters not if it's correct!, as the law just bums at times!)

Correct.

They know as well as we do they are filthy swines, and it's unlawful.

Soon enough we'll be equal, then we can sit back and watch the x3 'goes around comes around' kick in!

Ahem, Saturday morning hangover, time to call Barclays and get an hour long insurance quote via saynoto0870. Think I'll pick the peanuts out of todays quote. :D Just a quick sponsored google link first....

This thread is quite long so can I add a couple of questions to the above one.

I got this email back from HoL yesterday which looks like the slime are going to be true to their word (I was still hopeful they wouldn't!)

Your e-mail has been forwarded to the Judicial Office.

Please be advised, this appeal has not yet formally been lodged at the House of Lords, although the parties have made enquiries on the House of Lords appeal procedures. I believe it is due to be lodged later this month.

Regards

Does anyone one know how long it would take to be considered, and how long before it is lobbed out?.

Or, if allowed, how long we might be looking at?.

And can they still go to Europe if it's accepted or not? I figure so on that one, they've long given up on having any shame.