H.O.L Test case appeal. Judgement Declared. ***See Announcements***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5046 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest vortex

Star scream, RBS do not have liquidity problems at all and they are hardly likely to after making 10 billion pounds last year.

oh great stuff hope we win, just been reading your download on interest.very good,but i need letter for managed loan which i have add all interest up now need letter to send to hsbc if any body could help please.

The rights issue is being seen as a necessary measure to provide a capital cushion for the amount of risk on its balance sheet

I see, they are OK for now, but there is a risk that they could be in trouble, so they need this as a cushion.

My money would be out in a flash.

Odio los bancos con una venganza

Hi all, please do not all jump on me if I have missed something but could this be the reason why the Government is giving the Banks money for so called helping out the Morgage crisis????....SELV...

Hi all, please do not all jump on me if I have missed something but could this be the reason why the Government is giving the Banks money for so called helping out the Morgage crisis????....SELV...

I'm afraid not no, they need that so that they can all apparently starting trusting each other enough to lend amongst themselves again

True,

its a start though, eh?

Lets hope justice prevails here

omnia praesumuntur legitime facta donec probetur in contrarium

Please note: I am not a member of the legal profession, all advice given is purely my opinion, if in doubt consult a professional

Given that I incurred a charge last month, and the bank hasn't even bothered to add it to my statement, I am hopeful that they have lost, and lost badly.

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.

If thats the case, bank shares could be VERY interesting over the next few months!

I appreciate even if they had to pay back everybodys charges from the last 6 years it wouldnt really hit them, but the perception from shareholders in general would not reflect well

omnia praesumuntur legitime facta donec probetur in contrarium

Please note: I am not a member of the legal profession, all advice given is purely my opinion, if in doubt consult a professional

ANDENA

I think this is your thread http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/hsbc-bank/118338-can-i-get-interest.html

Which is in the HSBC forum. I'm going to move yout last post (#206) there so that the HSBC bods can help you out. (Bear with me, I've not done this before :))

(ps Thanks star scream)

(pps - done it. Whew)

• Haha 1

i wrote this to the oft before they began their actios still have not had a reply i wonder why

patrickq1

its probably a bit mixed up but i meant well lol

peabrain me as usual my rant to goverment bodies

absolutely scandalous i have now written to my MP and i am demanding an investigation into your department,your reply and threat of cost if a judicial enquiry is now open to questions you have verifiably made false statements on material matters you are being asked by more than 200,000 people and every one of them shall now be demanding a very serious enquiry into your departments conduct..it is like .you have not yet , not once told the banks to stop all unlawfull charges whilst the debts are in dispute...i beleive your department is full of ex finance directors and ex bank staff ex directors of banking departments .this being the case is also open to serious questions with regards to your loyalties is your thinking either lawful and truthfull or what ! this is open to question,

it is a scandal and threatening to say that all cost will be sought if a judicial enquiry is asked for,i for one shall be paying monies into a fighting fund for this reason alone,your department has already been found wanting and a case of mal administration will be instigated against you dept,i am so angry that you could not even be totally honest you have made Statements of interpretation of facts , what happened to TRANSPARENCEY with this case against the banks/finance,,this has also come from the PRIME MINISTER OFFICE ,even the THE RIGHT HONOURABLE PRIME MINISTER BELEIVES THAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR TRANSPARENCEY,you seem to have forgotten what this word means let alone it exists ,and as for your comment that you have been investigating the banks since may 2006 ,which banks was it a PIGGY BANK ,and why on earth have you not already hired a professional company to calculate the way bank charges are made,when considering a 18 year old university student came onto the consumer action group and worked out as best he could how the banks equate figures and you as a proffesional body have nt even done this and you are thinking of going to court..you are negligent in this also..your spin and ambigious remarks leave everyone to conclude that your department have and are negligent with the truth,your Directors and staff should all resign in the interest of JUSTICE .i am also writing to the UE COMMISSION and are going to demand that they make enquiries into your behaviour along with our suspicions with regards to your actions to date

The OFT rarely reply - and if they do, they either misunderstand the questions, or deliberately skirt them.

I have had no direct answers to the many, many emails and letters I have sent to them. I gave up some time ago (and I'm sure a certain predictable person will have something to say about that).

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-charges-consumer-issues/139501-test-case-judgment-due.html

Bit of a coincidence this being announced the same day that the govt paid out £50bn to the banks-especially as it was previously announced that we would have to wait until July for the judgement.....:rolleyes:

A bit off topic here.... but as this thread is probably being eagerly watched by many waiting to start claims, probably a good place to mention it.

I just wanted to say that I've just clicked on and taken a look at the Interest Tutorial document in Steven4064' s signature, and was very impressed (great work Steven)

For anyone who is confused or needs help with all the various aspects of interest; ie. figuring out what is meant by and how to calculate interest debited due to charges, statutory interest, contractual interest, APR, EAR, simple and compound interest etc, and so therefore what interest you can claim back, how to calculate it, and then what you yourself can charge etc then I encourage you to click on it and take a look.

It's a good easy to understand guide, and will save you lots of time searching, posting and also save you from getting frustrated or confused by receiving conflicting or confusing advise from other (well meaning) CAG members (or no replies at all).

It'll also save mods and site helpers etc from posting up the same answers repeatedly.

So to anyone seeking enlightenment, and who just thought that peoples signatures were just pretty flashy adornments, think again, and do click.

• Haha 1

All opinions and advice I offer are purely my own, and are offered without any liability. If unsure seek the help of a licensed professional

...just because something's in print doesn't mean its true.... just look at you Banks T&C's for example !

Thought:

If the judgement is to be handed down on Thursday, then it is almost certain that the Banks lawyers have seen it already. I wonder if that contributed to the general tanking of bank shares yesterday?

just a thought

Dad