style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5857 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi just wondered if anyone can help. My 23yr daughter lives on her own with her 16month old son she does work. Anyway basically she took out an insurance policy for car insurance, then car breaks down and she ends up without one so doesnt need insurance anymore so cancels then gets a letter from the insurance to say she still has to pay the rest of the policy. anyway to cut a long story short its been backwards and forwards she filled a form out for them for expenditure and offered 25.00 a week but they refused and have sent the bailiffs round she wasnt there but they are suppose to be coming tomorrow what can she do. thankyou

blueeyes

Has she been taken to court by the company and had a CCJ entered against her? It doesnt sound like she has, therefore they cannot send Bailliffs! Bailiffs can only come if you get a Court Judgement entered against you, and you then default on the payments set out by that judgement.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This sounds like your daughter has received a County Court Judgment from the insurance co. You have not provided enough detail for me to give a detailed response but I will do my best.

It would appear that she is to receive a visit from a bailiff from the County Court. If this is correct then she has nothing to worry about. They are by far the most reasonable of all bailiffs and will provide advice on the necessary forms to complete etc. These MUST be completed correctly to ensure that the debt is not transferred up to a High Court Enforcement Officer and that she pays what she can afford.

Just remember that the County Court bailiff will not charge your daughter any fees for his visit.

she did have a ccj posted to her which is when she filled the form in stating how much income she had in and what she paid out which is when she ofered 25 a month the court then sent the letter back stating that they would not accept 25 a month and they wanted 800 pound up front and as she couldnt pay that the bailifts came out and she wasnt in they have since sent another letter informing if she doesnt pay 800 pound by today the bailifts will be round to cease the goods she did ask for a suspended warrant but she never recieved the form any advise?

blueeyes

She needs to get this warrant suspended as quickly as possible. This is most URGENT. The reason for this is that as this debt is over £600 it can now be transferred to a High Court Enforcment Officer to enforce and the fees charged to her would be simply unaffordable.

I would therefore urge her to contact the court ASAP.