Bryan Carter What A Coincidence !!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5102 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry if you misunderstood me Brummie but Bryan Carter is a branch of Crellins Carter based at Freds nerbve centre in DeHavilland Drive, Weybridge. The Law Society website shows no partners or solicitors are based there. Head office is Crellins Carters, 111 Queens Road, Weybridge, KT13 9 UW

Surprisingly the firms website makes no reference to the branch. It states the firm "operates from a single modern office in Weybridge"

They claim to be "a Surrey based niche private client practice with a national reputation" - that is perfectly true alyhough the reputuation may not be one that others wouldlike!

• 4 weeks later...

Carter has had his 28 days to reply to my complaint, now its time to go looking for him via SRA and others ie the ombudsman etc.

Watch this space

BB

Please note: I am not a lawyer and as such any advice I give is purely from a laymans point of view;-)

Hi ODC

personally i wouldnt bother reporting him to the FOS, they have no teeth,and as far as i can see there is little they could do to carters

i would report him to the people who deal with professional conduct of solicitors like the SRA for starters

• Haha 1

Whilst I agree that the FOS appear to have no teeth I still feel its important that the actions of this mand are brought to the notice of as many 'official bodies' as possible. I believe that some time someone in these bodies will grasp the nettle and deal properly with all these people who break the rules

Absolutley, but i would go for the throat, Trading Standards, OFT, Law society, SRA, Member of Parliament , Ministry of Justice

I have been advocating contact with your MP for some time now,

• 1 month later...

Update,

Finally got a response from BC regarding my letters to them after 12 weeks!!!!!.

Letter say that "We have discontinued proceedings for commercial reasons and the debt remains outstanding"

Also states that they are "no longer instructed in connection in this matter" with any further queries directed to OC direct.

Also enclosed was a copy of their complaints procedure!!! with specific names of people to write to and appeals procedure etc.

This means they have admitted defeat, and so it goes back to Egg.

Time to write a nice letter regarding time wasting, abuse of procedure and charge for my time me thinks.

Beau

Now is this a first

Please note: I am not a lawyer and as such any advice I give is purely from a laymans point of view;-)

BB you have broken the rules. Were you not aware that you were just suppose to roll over and let Bryan get Judgement by Default. I think you have been grossly unfair to him. He will probably have to claim his fees from Egg.

Make sure you report him to the SRA

BB you have broken the rules. Were you not aware that you were just suppose to roll over and let Bryan get Judgement by Default. I think you have been grossly unfair to him. He will probably have to claim his fees from Egg.

Make sure you report him to the SRA

He has only broken the rules of the Bryan Carter empire, not the law of the land, therefore i support him wholeheartedly

Please note i have no legal training any advice i give comes from my own experience and from what i have learned on this site

• 7 months later...

Hi BB, Its Q, you may not remember me, its nice to see you are still around CAG.

Any update to the contents of your post # 60?

We never heard another thing from BC after he got a CCJ on my OH and he had only sued for his fees. CCJ was satisfied he tried to get the balance, I confronted him on the phone and told him to put his request in writing, he never did and we have never heard another thing. That was a year ago now.

I have a CCJ awarded a year ago from a bottom feeder company and they have done the same thing.

Only sued for part of the balance. I'm trying to get it sorted so I can pay by installments and satisfy this ccj.

I was just wondering how you got on with your complaints.

cheers Q.x.

Hi BB, Its Q, you may not remember me, its nice to see you are still around CAG.

Any update to the contents of your post # 60?

We never heard another thing from BC after he got a CCJ on my OH and he had only sued for his fees. CCJ was satisfied he tried to get the balance, I confronted him on the phone and told him to put his request in writing, he never did and we have never heard another thing. That was a year ago now.

I have a CCJ awarded a year ago from a bottom feeder company and they have done the same thing.

Only sued for part of the balance. I'm trying to get it sorted so I can pay by installments and satisfy this ccj.

I was just wondering how you got on with your complaints.

cheers Q.x.

Hi Q,

Nice to see you are still around on these forums too!!

Well BC replied to my complaint and mitigated with a couple of well rehearsed excuses, and I never pushed it any further which I know I should have done. All went quiet for a few months, then I had a letter from Lowell Portfolio asking for the full balance, so I have sent them the usual stuff "acc in dispute" etc.

Then Lowell came up with the agreement!!! but it is unenforceable. Just when they sent me the agreement and statements etc they also sent a seperate letter saying that they were no longer chasing for the balance!! very strange?? So that was about the start of Feb and I have heard nothing since, so if there are any more serious developments I will update the thread.

I have other problems more serious at the moment such as a High court Writ of Fi Fa against me which I am taking down the N245 Route at the moment to get a variation of a judgment for another one of my debts.

But one thing is for sure, I would not have had the confidence to deal with this stuff without all of the good caggers support and knowledge!!!

All the best to you.

Beau

• 1 year later...

Long time since posting on this thread - but just to prove the account has never gone away,

I have a question for the legal bods,

Can Lowell legally issue proceedings to try to enforce payment - bear in mind that Bryan Carter have tried once and discontinued?

Getting alot of pressure from Lowell who I think are going to try to go CCJ route for enforcement.

Thanks

Beau

yep :(

if it's still with the OC they may have to get permission - not sure about that

but if Lowells have bought it they can bring a new action.

However if Lowells have bought it that obviously opens up a whole new line of investigation as well.

Generally BC only deals with 'faulty' accounts so, not having read your thread, there may be something wrong anyway.

If you find my advice helpful - please click on my scales

<<<<<< - they're over there!

Well, it's a funny black star now ...

The small print - any advice I give is freely given on the understanding that I am a layman and am not legally qualified in anyway.

Looking at your sig - it may be the Egg account - if it is, demand a copy of the DN :D - quite apart from the 'other issues' with Egg accounts

The small print - any advice I give is freely given on the understanding that I am a layman and am not legally qualified in anyway.

Looking at your sig - it may be the Egg account - if it is, demand a copy of the DN :D - quite apart from the 'other issues' with Egg accounts

Hi gh2008,

It is for an Egg account and a link to the DN is here :

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/138599-bryan-carter-what-coincidence-2.html#post1479986

I never had any opinions at the time of posting, as to validity of DN. Egg sold the account to Lowell around October 2008 I think.

I asked for the CCA (std s77/78request) in Jan 09 which they initially wrote and said they could not find the agg and the matter was closed!!. Then about a week later I had a copy of the agreement - on closer inspection, it is definitley not the original document but has been put together with my signature on it from an amalgamation of bits of Egg paperwork. The signature is genuine so they have reconstituted what it would have looked like.

So at this time the DN is about all I have to go on unless you know different?

Thanks for looking in

Beau

They are not allowed to reconstitute an agreement with your signature !!!

They also will not have a proper record when when and how the DN was sent.

Wait for them to act and get heavy and then pounce.

When you get a letter threatening a claim against you I would reply acknowledging their 'letter before claim' and state that in order for you to make a proper reply you need further info etc. Then make that letter into a CPR31.16 request for the agreement, DN, NOA DOA & statements etc. All absolutely required in order for them to prove an action against you and for you to answer them.

It *may* be an idea to get a SAR off to EGG - it is always surprising what these turn up .... (I would always send one off to the OC when you think court action may follow)

• 1 month later...

*****Update*****

Had a couple of further letters from Lowell with the usual threats and also yesterday from their in house collection dept "Hampton Legal"

Time for CPR 31.16 me thinks!!

Beau