style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5882 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Had this email sent to me, thought i would share it with you lot .. :D

Nigella's Way

Stuff a miniature marshmallow in the bottom of a sugar cone to

prevent ice-cream drips.

The Real Woman's Way

Just suck the ice cream out of the bottom of the cone, for Goodness

sake. You are probably lying on the couch with your feet up eating it

anyway.

Nigella's Way

To keep potatoes from budding, place an apple in the bag with the

potatoes.

The Real Woman's Way

Buy Smash and keep it in the cupboard for up to a year.

Nigella's Way

When a cake recipe calls for flouring the baking tin, use a bit of

the dry cake mix instead and there won't be any white mess on the outside of the cake.

The Real Woman's Way

Tescos' sell cakes. They even do decorated versions.

Nigella's Way

If you accidentally over-salt a dish while it's still cooking, drop

in a potato slice.

The Real Woman's Way

If you over salt a dish while you are cooking, that's tough!. Please

recite with me the Real Woman's motto: "I made it and you will eat it and I don't care how bad it tastes."

Nigella's Way

Wrap celery in aluminium foil when putting in the refrigerator and it

will keep for weeks.

The Real Woman's Way

It could keep forever. Who eats it?

Nigella's Way

Cure for headaches: Take a lime, cut it in half and rub it on your

forehead. The throbbing will go away.

The Real Woman's Way

Cure for headaches: Take a lime, cut it in half and drop it in 8

ounces of vodka Drink the vodka. You might still have the headache, but you won't care!

Nigella's Way

If you have a problem opening jars, try using latex dishwashing

gloves. They give a non-slip grip that makes opening jars easy.

The Real Woman's Way

Why do I have a man?

Nigella's Way

Freeze leftover wine into ice cubes for future use in casseroles.

The Real Woman's Way

Left over wine???? . . . Hellllooooooooo

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Are you seriously trying to suggest that Nigella isnt a real woman hallllooooooooooooo LOL:D

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

She is quite sexy, but bugger having to meet the father-in-law - surely that would put anyone off their food!

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

To keep potatoes from budding, place an apple in the bag with the

potatoes.

PS.Does that actually work?

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

------------

That woman would put people off for food for life, licking her fingers and then dipping them in again, long black hair trailing everywhere, urggghhhh. :-|

I have noticed this a lot with Chefs on these programes. They break all of the Hygiene regulations, wearing Jewellery, watches, no hair nets etc..

Aparantly the Apple thing works Dave, there are a few more hints and tips here:

Hints and tips for food preparation and baking

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Guest louis wu
dunno but I know that potato slices in over salty food works

Why doesn't it work on a hot pot, which is covered by sliced potatoes?:confused:

Personally, I don't use salt in my cooking because of the children (even though it does make a difference).

I have noticed this a lot with Chefs on these programes. They break all of the Hygiene regulations, wearing Jewellery, watches, no hair nets etc..

.....hand washing, chopping boards, the same knife for everything.....

Did our parents and grand parents get ill when they used the same knife for everything, or only wiped down the chopping board during the same meal, in fact I dont think an old fasioned wooden chopping board would survive long under modern health and safety regulations :rolleyes:

Undoubtably there is cause for concern when dealing with cooked and raw meats and care should be taken but I do think it can be taken too far

Did our parents and grand parents get ill when they used the same knife for everything,
Seeing the amount of gastro-intestinal diseases than ran rife throughout the centuries, I'd say yes, beyond a doubt, actually.

Guest louis wu

plus we do live longer now, surely food hygene has a part to play in that.

I do concede, however, that a too sterile environment is NOT good for our immune system in the long run. That said, I doubt if anyoe lives in a 'germ' free environment.

How many times on "How Clean is your house" have you seen really filthy disgusting houses and the people are never sick. well apart from astmatics who tend to suffer :-)

I agree, it is good to be clean, but too sterile is not good at all

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

Delia Smith is doing rather well with her "How to Cheat at Cooking" seies, isn't she?

From BBC News....

Campaigners have attacked TV chef Delia Smith over high levels of salt in some recipes in her new book and series "How to Cheat at Cooking".

Consensus Action on Salt and Health (Cash) identifies recipes including "carbonara real quick", containing more than 7g of salt per person. The recommended daily limit for an adult is 6g.

Full story......

BBC NEWS | Health | Delia recipes 'loaded with salt'

:D

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Ha ha ha - that's funny.

The food Nazis can't make their minds up - one minute it's no eggs, no salt, I expect bread will be bad for us soon.

------------

------------

Bread is bad for you, Dave. I'm not going to bore you with the details, but if people gave up bread and bread-derived products, I think you'd find that an awful lot of them would find a lot of their gut problems disappear. As a species, we haven't evolved sufficiently to cope with grain, we are still meat and berries eaters, I'm afraid.

Well to be honest, I read a thread that included the words "Nigella", "throbbing" and "latex" and I thought I was in the wrong place. Really! Nigella, what a woman!

Regards

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.