Balck Horse, Welcome Finance and Ge Money, Lloyds TSB CC PPI

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5742 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sorry Kenny

I have reclaimed the PPi on a store card from GE money which as from the above they have paid out and admitted mis-selling, i am at the moment claiming back PPi on a secured loan for £65,000 from GE which has been paid off in full iahve sent them the same letter and evidence as i did with the store card, I really cannot see how they can not payout as the situation is the same as the store card.

I have had 2 secured loans with Welcome Finance

One which was paid off was settled, the other they have refused to pay without documentary evidence which i have sent them.

I have had also 3 loans with Black horse all of which they have refused to payout without docuentary evidence which i have also sent.

I have also got PPi with an old Lloyds TSB Credit card which i am trying to reclaim as well as charges on that card and another card which my wife had not sure about the PPi on this but there are charges on it.

Hope this explains more, I look forward to your comments

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have broken the first rule of CAG and now I am paying the price let this be a lesson to us all.

I did not send my last three letters with the documentary evidence regarding the pre-exsisting medical condition to GE Money, Black Horse and Welcome recorded delivery, and now they all deny receiving the letters i sent 3 weeks ago DAM IT!

So I have yesterday resent them all recorded.

I phoned GE Money but there Compliance Department in Leeds does not deal wityh secured loans there department in Harrow does, I must admit when i phoned them all to check if they had received they were all very pleasant and helpful except Welcome who were their usual unprofessional selves, GE even gave me a complaint reference to put on my letter and hinted that they agreed with our position, Black Horse ( I have had 3 loans with them over the years) claimed they had received a letter about one account but not the other 2, so now the waiting begins all over again, I feel kinda stupid really having been a member for 2 years but a valuable lesson to us all I think.

imho normal first should be ok it,s a sad reflection of what we are up against.the courts use first class ,they use first class when they demand that you pay them ,oh but they don,t receive letters :mad:.the trouble is recorded only relies on the postie getting a signature if he,s got a big sackful to deliver chances are it won,t get signed.the only definite way is special but then at £4.50 a letter it,s not cheap. don,t beat yourself up about it :) ,include ignoring your letter sent, in your complaint ,all adds up to show how they really treat people. i,m sure that the fsa checks on their complaints depts to see who and why are complaining

Ok

Got the full and final response from Black Horse as expected for two of my claims against them so I fully expect the third to be the same, I really cannot stand the arrogance of these people Llloyds, Black Horse.

Well I am now working on my FOS complaint nearly finished just waiting for their rejection of my third claim.

Looks like this could be a long one.

What gets me is they say that on the demands and needs statement it clearly says my wifes illness is not covered.

Then my question is why did they recommend it to me!!!!

"Well I am now working on my FOS complaint nearly finished just waiting for their rejection of my third claim."

Hiya - I have a claim with GE Money but they are not covered by any predecessor rules - FOS have been looking at it for 4/5 months and sent it back - I have to go through the courts - also B.Horse claim is being refused as this outfit are one of the worst - need to put this in court also as they have not fully complied with the data requests, I wish you good luck but the FOS take a very long time:)

Hi

I believe GE Money are covered by the FLA not the FOS, if GE reject my second claim I will go straight to court.

What do you mean? has the FOS rejected your claim against Black Horse? what where their reasons

OK

Update

Just got a standard "we are investigating your complaint" form GE Home Lending about my secured loan which was for £65,000 for a PPI reclaim.

Took me a few weeks to work out that GE Home Lending formerly First National are a different arm of GE Money.

Now i have to just sit and wait for the postie, could take 4 weeks, just waiting now for a letter from welcome who paid out on one loan but not another, cannot see how they can pay on one and not another when the circumstances where the same, we will see what happens.

Ok

Complaint form to the FOS completed for Black Horse after many hours research of FSA rules,OFT etc, even used the CCA Act in some parts and the Sales of Goods Act.

Well just hope they see sense and award in my favour, going in post Monday.

Fob off letter received from Lloyds Credit card with usual credit agreement sent with PPi box ticked by Lloyds as their only proof that it was not msisold and usual generic response, my response in return post.

Also have now sent a PPI reclaim to HFC Bank letters to LLoyds and HFC to be sent recorded tommorrow (Friday).

Also FOS complaint regarding Black Horse recived by the FOS on 20th May.

Will keep the few that are interested updated when i hear more.

Hi again adamski,

do not lose heart this PPI stuff is new territory for all and the MODs etc are busy with a lot of other stuff. Check out the legal threads to see how busy they are with bankruptcy cases etc.

I know we PPI claimers are struggling and that this is a new reclaim on dodgy insurance sales but we can do it with each others support and posting of letters from the banks etc etc.

We need to watch all posts on all threads to keep up with what is happening and what may or may not be useful to our own claim/s.

good luck and I am sure when the MODs have advice they will be in to help.

Good Luck

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

Thats good advice Alanalana :)

You've already got one back adamski so its likely to just be a matter of time (and probably a complaint to the FOS or court claim) before you get the others. In regard to the demands and need my friend signed one of those with Welcome Finance but still got the refund she requested!

• 2 weeks later...

OK more news

Got a final response from GE Home lending, saying get lost go to the FLA, I am thinking is this a waste of time should I just go straight to court the only thing is the claim is for £10,000 which includes 8% interest.

GE Home Lending stated that they and GE Money are different companies and that GE Money supply store cards and thet supply secured loans, I said but its not the credit I am complianing about its the PPI but they will not budge.

Any Advice greatly recived as it will cost me the best part of £300 to issue court proceedings.

Also Black Horse have cancelled the one live account and are refunding what I have paid which is very little, I have a complaint with the FOS about the other 2 accounts but dont expect to hear anything for months, still waiting for a reply from Welcome, HFS and Lloyds TSB.

Welcome are awful at responding so expect that one to take forever as well!

Court does look like your best option although £10,000 would not go through small claims would it? Is the claim only for PPI (if so what alot of money that policy cost you!).

I really don't know enough about the legal side of things but am sending my "best of luck" wishes to you!

Hi Sparklez30

Well I have spilt it into to two smaller claims as there were 3 accounts so that should solve that problem,I am hioping for some help of another PPI recliamer who has experience with GE Home Lending.

Thanks for the reply

I understand Adamski.

In which case as long as you can get it into the small claims and the total of the two claims is around £10,000 it would seem worth while to me (although I haven't done it myself )

I have an ongoing dispute with MBNA but its for around £400 which is why I've resisted the court route so far but if my claim was for £10,000 that would be a different matter

The whole idea of court terrifies me though!

Hopefully someone with GE Home Lending experience will be along soon to advise :)

I am hoping Reidnet can help me but I am sure he is very busy.

I have just recived some good letters this morning one about LLoyds TSB credit card charges just got back £262.42p from them and I am at the moment on the phone to Black Horse just got a letter and I have phoned them they are phoning me back hopefully with an offer will keep you updated.

oh great news about LLoyds TSB - Cngratulations on that one!! :) getting there slowly. And best of luck with Black Horse.

Reidnet was about earlier so hopefully he will pop in - have you tried sending him a PM?

*edit* scrap that last sentance just saw you mentioned the PM in his post about the article re PPI :oops:

Edited by Sparklez30

Hi adamski - re GE - check out which part of GE was the one fined already, you know the list of rules regarding PPI and which companies were fined for misleading their customers, if this is the same lot then this should be added to your particulars of claim, that would be done under the Misrepresentations Act, thus, the onus is then on GE to prove that it was correctly sold, rather than you. You could also include a 'strict proof' re disclosure of data, what questions and options etc can they prove in the selling of the PPI - were you on medication etc etc. Good idea to split the claim up in order to keep it in small claims. I dont think the goverment have done us any favours in putting up the court fees. I am in a similar position waiting to put in claims against GE and Black Horse also. Sorry if I'm re-quoting other stuff here, expectyou know most it, but I havent found any cases??.... - perhaps another member could help with that??:)

Hi adamski - re GE - check out which part of GE was the one fined already, you know the list of rules regarding PPI and which companies were fined for misleading their customers, if this is the same lot then this should be added to your particulars of claim, that would be done under the Misrepresentations Act, thus, the onus is then on GE to prove that it was correctly sold, rather than you. You could also include a 'strict proof' re disclosure of data, what questions and options etc can they prove in the selling of the PPI - were you on medication etc etc. Good idea to split the claim up in order to keep it in small claims. I dont think the goverment have done us any favours in putting up the court fees. I am in a similar position waiting to put in claims against GE and Black Horse also. Sorry if I'm re-quoting other stuff here, expectyou know most it, but I havent found any cases??.... - perhaps another member could help with that??

Hi

It was GE Capital Bank i.e GE Money that got fined the people I am after is GE Home Lending, but they both send you letters with the same headed paper and the same typefaces etc, but their registered offices are different, so does that make them different companies?

Also it is my wife who is epileptic she is on medication for life since she was 16.

No questions were asked and all they say is it was on the terms sent to us which we never recieved, only terms for the loan, not PPI, also they are relying on the fact we could have cancelled.

Just hope Reidnet gets in touch as he has won against these guys but with a battle.