Shame on Halifax.

Guest jamesroberts
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5887 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest jamesroberts

This just drove me nuts.

I use my halifax account as a bills account and purely add enough money each month to cover the outgoings.

Now this month for some reason my account was 7 pence short on having enough to cover all the direct debits.

halifax showing their usual high standards of care bounced a dd for £13 and charged me £35 for the privilage.

This is just complete opportunism and I can not believe in the 21st century we are still in a position where the people who can't afford it are the ones who are attacked so hard by these huge companies.

I contacted the bank and was told, perhaps I should consider making sure there are enough funds in the account in future.

:mad:

Sounds like you had the same person on the phone as me!!! :mad:

Send your prelim letter in. ;)

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

F&Q's... Read here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

They are, but it is still worth doing, when its all done, wouldn't you rather your claim was in the system? ;)

F&Q's... Read here

sorry for sounding (and being stupid) but what exactly does "Stayed" mean?

does this mean you cannot try and get incorrect charges back?

Don't worry because you're not! We have all been there and you should ask questions when you need to, so don't worry.

Stayed means the case will not be heard in the court, just now, due to the fact an agreement was struck by the Office of Fair Trading and the Banks as a result of the Test Case. A decision on the first part of that is expected in July at the earliest.

That means you can and should try to get your charges back as the banks took it unlawfully. You stand to lose older charges if you don't do this as the clock is ticking. You are best to have your claim in just now rather than be caught up in the deluge come July, onwards.

Good luck, Kenny:)

Thanks Tilly and Kennythecelt.

I was starting to think that I wouldnt be able to put in a claim:eek: (major panic). Especially as the sods charged me five times in on month (feb) then again last week:mad::mad::mad::mad:.

Any way I will get my statements and start a new thread and vent my spleen on it rather than carry on on this one.

thanks for setting me straight on those questions:D.

take care

You should keep on the one thread. It makes things easier.

And you vent away. :D

• Haha 1

F&Q's... Read here